Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-10-07, 09:33   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Heroic Age Your-Mom after ISO burn wont play anymore on PC

to clean up some space on my hard disc for this fall's airing season i burned my stack of Heroic Age on a dvd, i got them from 2 subs, one which now still works and Your-Mom which doesnt work anymore if i play the episodes in any media player, i tried the windows media player which i always use and VLC

yesterday evening i burned the episodes with Nero Burning Rom as a DVD iso file, nornmally the files are playable on windows media player with the use of my standard codecs, but not even they can open the Your-Mom files anymore, my windows says something about needing the proper codecs while the episodes were working fine when i played them from my hard disc one week ago

i tried copying them from the disc to my hard disc to see how they play then but even then they do not play anymore, the other subbed episodes of Heroic Age ont he disc were working fine even in my media players

worst of it all is that i deleted my old folder with the heroic age episodes and i cant get it back anymore cause its now completely deleted >.<;

but i was wondering why the burned versions of Your Mom Heroic Age wont play on the pc or dvd player anymore...

EDIT: i opened the torrent of the copied files fromt he disc and the torrent file now says that the download for it is at 12 % which is very strange cause it was complete when i burned it, apperantly this happened to several episodes int he list which i am certaint hat they were complete because i watched them after they came out subbed
Old 2007-10-07, 09:39   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

If checking against the torrent hash says 12%, but they were 100% before, the burn simply failed. No idea why, lots of possible reasons. Best thing you can do is learn for next time (verify the burn before deleting the files ).
Old 2007-10-07, 09:41   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
If checking against the torrent hash says 12%, but they were 100% before, the burn simply failed. No idea why, lots of possible reasons. Best thing you can do is learn for next time (verify the burn before deleting the files ).
uhn i was thinking about that as well thank god only 3 failed and not all of them ooh dear that would make me scream lol
Old 2007-10-07, 15:07   Link #4
jpwong

Since you're using nero, when you're burning, there's an option that says something like "Verify burned compilation" or something towards the bottom left of the screen. Make sure that's checked. Nero will make sure what got burnt is the same file as on your drive, and will notify you if a burn fails.

Alternativly, you could watch all the burned episodes end to end before deleting your HD copies.
Old 2007-10-07, 19:32   Link #5
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Alternativly, you could watch all the burned episodes end to end before deleting your HD copies.
I think creating a checksum file (in MD5 or SFV format) would be easier. That way you can check the contents of the disc whenever. You can create (and verify) checksum files with RapidCRC. It's easiest if you include the checksum file on the disc as well btw.