AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-06-16, 21:37   Link #1
NakedAngelX

Granado Espada

Well still in beta stage, register before beta keys runs out.
Really awesome game, it is in a way Rakion + Guildwar.
And you can control up to 3 characters at same time

Lots stuffs not released but already have me fully accupied haha.
Here's a few screenshot of me ingame, sooo many skills and different build to switch from.

Here's my 3 character right now, a gunner, a swordman and a supporting wizard.
Gonna starts training a scout,elementalist and warlock team after reaching lvl 20.

Old 2007-06-17, 12:21   Link #2
Psychotic_Virtue

Thinking Of Playing This, But Ive Got A Nack For 1st Impressions And I Dont Want To Ruin It By Playing It In The Beta So Ill Wait A While , Also Im Currently Playing Tales Of Pirates So 1 MMO At A Time. My Ideal Party For This Game Would Be Fighter (Tank) Musketeer (Range DPS) And Scout (Healer)

P.V.
Psychotic_Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 13:24   Link #3
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

no thx, too many MMO now and none really "hit the spot" for me anymore. GE just made everything in the game to appear to be "hardcore", also, I don't like to start things all over again. I am sticking to mild MMO like RO.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 13:41   Link #4
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Whats teh point if there´s no real pvp? What's with all the crappy mmo's with no good pvp only good ones are UO and L2(and EvE, but I want fantasy feshizzle xD), but I already played those to death. :|

Have fun with "dueling people" I guess. =o

AION seems the game that can catch my interest, but the pvp also seems faction based which is gay. PvP should be personal. That's why I dislike WoW it's good, but the pvp isn't personal which makes the pvp feel like a grind. =.=""

edit: Forgot it will also feature something as sieges(colony wars.) Still from what I hear the pvp is pretty bad. Meh not worth it anyhow considering it went from P2P to F2P

Last edited by 2H-Dragon; 2007-06-17 at 13:58.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 17:43   Link #5
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Musketeers are really cool...

I have a 2 family the 1st one consist of a... 2 musk and 1 scout and the 2nd one are pure 3 musk.... and they rock on some duels
Old 2007-06-20, 21:48   Link #6
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon
Whats teh point if there´s no real pvp?

Have fun with "dueling people" I guess. =o
Why must there be PvP? o_O

In my humble opinion, there is no faster way to kill an MMORPG than to introduce PvP. Show me an MMORPG that has balanced PvP, and more importantly, adequate measures to prevent griefing and corpse camping, and I'll show a rosy pink pig that flies.

I seriously do not understand what thrill gamers derive from fighting against each other in an RPG game. Seriously -- there's barely any personal skill involved. It ultimately boils down to Stats vs Stats, rather than Skill vs Skill.

Pit a Level 10 character vs a Level 20 character, and guess who'd win. Wow, no surprises there.

Or better yet, pit a Level 70 character decked out in all the best raiding gear available, vs another Level 70 character with only store-bought, "ordinary" equipment, and guess who wins? Wow, no surprises there either.

If you really want a battle of skills, played out on a level playing field, why don't you go play an online FPS game instead. Leave pointless PvP out of RPGs, thank you very much.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 04:41   Link #7
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Why must there be PvP? o_O

In my humble opinion, there is no faster way to kill an MMORPG than to introduce PvP. Show me an MMORPG that has balanced PvP, and more importantly, adequate measures to prevent griefing and corpse camping, and I'll show a rosy pink pig that flies.

I seriously do not understand what thrill gamers derive from fighting against each other in an RPG game. Seriously -- there's barely any personal skill involved. It ultimately boils down to Stats vs Stats, rather than Skill vs Skill.

Pit a Level 10 character vs a Level 20 character, and guess who'd win. Wow, no surprises there.

Or better yet, pit a Level 70 character decked out in all the best raiding gear available, vs another Level 70 character with only store-bought, "ordinary" equipment, and guess who wins? Wow, no surprises there either.

If you really want a battle of skills, played out on a level playing field, why don't you go play an online FPS game instead. Leave pointless PvP out of RPGs, thank you very much.
What's teh point in MMO's if there is no pvp? Socializing? You can just go outside or use msn or myspace or w/e? Competing who lvls the fastest? Might as well play a normal rpg. =o

The prob with FPS's the killing becomes boring fast. With pvp mmo's. You can kill and offset it with partying/socializing. Which makes it more fun.

I don't know which mmo's you played, but there is some skill needed and most of all strategy. Hence I have played in situation like 9v40 and still win with the other side definitely having alteast 9 people with equal gear/lvls. It's kinda duh that higher lvl people are stronger hence there is a lvl cap. You can also get the same gear in time. (Whole point of MMO's)

Most people also seem to like pvp since the top 3 MMO's are pvp games which span about 75% of the market. =o

Hell RO would be a lot worse without the WOE's and I think anyone would agree to that.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 06:38   Link #8
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
^ agree definitely ...

What's teh point of having a nice items when the user is definitely noob he will just die and make fun of him (I'm too bad )...

also in a guild war... it's not stat vs stat and item vs item....

it's definitely a strategy vs strategy.... guild w/o nice strategy will easily be fall and pwned...
Old 2007-06-25, 03:41   Link #9
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
pvp is always be about stats and who has the better equips. Saying that pvp is alot different than pve just doesn't really work because in pve it's about equips and stats as well. Whoever has good stuff and stats will dominate the pve. Pve has its own set of issues as well e.g out dpsing and looting stuff up, ksing, player/guild territory e.g "gtfo nooblet im farmming here etc..". All these issues in pve makes in imba for other players as well. If someone has good stats or equip don't hate them because they just put more time and grind for their equips or stats. What you put in is what shows any other way would be imba. Guild recruitment in most games are stats and seeing if a player is a gimped fool looking for equips or not. Saying you can't do guild is mostly a player's lack of time into the game to boost his/her own stats. Pvp has its own set of strats.. for instance, a extremely godly player comes with good everything comes along and nobody can kill him but, each player uses one volley of skills in a timed sequence to take his health down to 0 in one shot rather than waiting for him to pot.

back on topic, I tried ge but I didn't like it that much since 3 chars is too complex imo. LOL I got lost on the first quest trying to deliver something to this merchant.

Last edited by slayer; 2007-06-25 at 03:54.
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 19:14   Link #10
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
GE is a pretty good game... The real grinding starts at 80+ though when it's already hard to afk level. A lot of people complain that there is no real challenge in GE, well that is only true for people who are level 60 below.

GE PVP is quite equipment and level dependent
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 21:46   Link #11
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

we may start playing this but apparently the game is only free during the beta.

after that u have to pay a fee if you want to level your character past level 20
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 18:55   Link #12
Acseru

Send a message via MSN to Acseru
I'm downloading this game just now, hope its cool
Acseru is offline   Reply With Quote