AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-05-19, 22:27   Link #1
tkdtiger

[manga] What Byakugan new ability would you like to see?

If you wanted to see a new ability/abilities from the Byakugan what would it be?

Well personally I think it would be cool if the Byakugan allowed the user to see his opponents most deepest fears... I don't know I just think it would fit very well with the byakugan...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 22:33   Link #2
Yellowflash221
Banned

ummm....Ok.....

Well I guess seeing the future/past would be cool.

P.S. Byakugan increases physical aspects such as vision. Seeing fears is mental. I don't think it could possibly do that but it would be cool.
Yellowflash221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 22:40   Link #3
monster

The main thing I would like is the byakugan having the ability to screen incoming traffic, if it doesn't already. So like if a genjutsu requires your eyes to see it, the byakugan can easily just block it, kind of like a firewall. And the keyword here is easily, it doesn't matter the type or magnitude, anything (except for physical or chemical things) that tries to mess with a byakugan user through their vision (so I guess mainly chakra related, like a genjutsu, though maybe not restricted to that) will just be denied entry by the byakugan. Of course, this means if the byakugan is not activated, neither is that protection. So this ability also has a weakness.

What I don't want is them being able to see through a genjutsu once they're caught in it. For this, I'd rather like the individuals to train themselves and put in the effort to resist genjutsu. And it shouldn't be as hard for the hyuuga clan since they already have good control over their chakra flow.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 22:46   Link #4
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
I would like Byakugan to be able to change a person's chakra level and chakra status with a simple glance.

Also an ability to make the opponent blind temporarily.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 22:50   Link #5
tkdtiger

you know another ability that would be pretty cool is if a byakugan could see things coming at them in slow motion or even if it had a mirror effect against genjtusu, where it bounces it right back at the opponent so if the opponent attempts to use genjutsu on the person he winds up casting it on his or herself
Old 2007-05-20, 02:47   Link #6
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

During my free-time I thought of an idea to expand on what we've already seen. His newest move being Hakke-Kusho, he thrusts chakra out of his palms from a distance and violently shoves opponants. It would be cool if he could control these thrusts in any direction with the use of his eyes to guide them. Sort of like shooting a bullet and moving it at will with your vision. Perhaps even refine these bursts chakra into finer attacks and close tenketsu points from a distance, or attack vital points.
Old 2007-05-20, 02:53   Link #7
Kyu410

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
During my free-time I thought of an idea to expand on what we've already seen. His newest move being Hakke-Kusho, he thrusts chakra out of his from a distance and violently shoves opponants. It would be cool if he could control these thrusts in any direction with the use of his eyes to guide them. Sort of like shooting a bullet and moving it at will with your vision. Perhaps even refine these bursts chakra into finer attacks and close tenketsu points from a distance, or attack vital points.
That is one of the coolest ideas I've ever heard. I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi used that idea.
Old 2007-05-20, 02:59   Link #8
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
That is one of the coolest ideas I've ever heard. I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi used that idea.
Thanks. Yeah, the whole "anti-genjutsu" idea for Neji is just a bit overkill. It would demean the importance of characters like Itachi and Sasuke. I mean given his already great chakra control I don't think making a character develop just to be an anti-MS character is very worthwhile. I'd prefer a more practical method, like an advanced level of Byakugan such as say... an induced blindness (kind of like Gaara's induced sleep jutsu during the chuunin exam) that removes the use of normal eyesight in exchange for... I dunno... seeing everything as Chakra? That would be an interesting situation for a Sharingan/Byakugan match I think.
Old 2007-05-20, 03:13   Link #9
Kyu410

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Thanks. Yeah, the whole "anti-genjutsu" idea for Neji is just a bit overkill. It would demean the importance of characters like Itachi and Sasuke. I mean given his already great chakra control I don't think making a character develop just to be an anti-MS character is very worthwhile. I'd prefer a more practical method, like an advanced level of Byakugan such as say... an induced blindness (kind of like Gaara's induced sleep jutsu during the chuunin exam) that removes the use of normal eyesight in exchange for... I dunno... seeing everything as Chakra? That would be an interesting situation for a Sharingan/Byakugan match I think.
It most likely would. This could lead to new reasons for Lee to train hard.

And yeah if Neji could see everything as chakra with a new Byakugan ability that could lead to new openings on his opponent.

Thats a good idea you've got how long did it take to think of that.
Old 2007-05-20, 03:15   Link #10
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

*laughs* I thought of it a while ago. I just didn't to say it then because I like holding on to my original ideas selfishly.
Old 2007-05-20, 05:00   Link #11
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Genjutsus for sure. They're the most advanced techniques in the Naruto Universe.
That or an elemental+shape jutsu like Naruto and Sasuke.
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 10:44   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

New ability as in new jutsu using the known power of the Byakugan or something using a completely new Byakugan power?

In the first case I would like Neji developping a long range attack, for example something based on his fight against Kidoumaru where the telescopic vision of the Byakugan would be of use to be able to snipe opponent from afar like the ability to project arrow-shapped chakra.
In the second I would like the ability to make subbtle chakra manipulation from distance at close to middle range in the opponent bodies. Redirecting chakra to different muscles or slightly off in the right one would make the opponents miss their target, fail to dodge, etc.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 17:23   Link #13
-HyugaNeji-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash221 View Post
Yes Yondaime was the coolest and strongest and greatest too. Hey wait are you trying to make me forget what we're talking about here >_<

Itachi can fight from long range while Neji can't so Itachi would still have the advantage.
Neji can fight long range now too. Like in the fight against kisame. He just needs to improve that strike to make it more deadly. For example, being able to strike chakra holes from long range.

Well. Then i'd really like to see an improvement in the genjutsu department.

How about that (to make it balanced). Like another already said, he can cast another level of byakugan, which gives immunity to every kind of genjutsu by changing his eyes into a barrier for every eye induced illusion. On the other hand, when in this mode, the user wouldn't be able to see the inner chakra system and tenkutsu points as a negative side effect.

The byakugan really gives many possibilities. It would be also very cool of kishi, to show, why and how sharingan eveloped from byakugan. It's really sad that he never really went into detail here, because i would find it quite interesting. Maybe he could give very advanced byakugan users some abilities the sharingan posseses. Like predicting opponents attacks. That, for example, would seem like a very logical thing for an eye, that can see everything. Those heavy genjutsus of course, are a sharingan only thing. But there have to be much more similarities between the two eyes. To be honest. The ability, to predict movements, is in fact much more suitable and logical for the byakugan then the sharingan. Don't you think so?
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 19:25   Link #14
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HyugaNeji- View Post
Neji can fight long range now too. Like in the fight against kisame. He just needs to improve that strike to make it more deadly. For example, being able to strike chakra holes from long range.

Well. Then i'd really like to see an improvement in the genjutsu department.

How about that (to make it balanced). Like another already said, he can cast another level of byakugan, which gives immunity to every kind of genjutsu by changing his eyes into a barrier for every eye induced illusion. On the other hand, when in this mode, the user wouldn't be able to see the inner chakra system and tenkutsu points as a negative side effect.

The byakugan really gives many possibilities. It would be also very cool of kishi, to show, why and how sharingan eveloped from byakugan. It's really sad that he never really went into detail here, because i would find it quite interesting. Maybe he could give very advanced byakugan users some abilities the sharingan posseses. Like predicting opponents attacks. That, for example, would seem like a very logical thing for an eye, that can see everything. Those heavy genjutsus of course, are a sharingan only thing. But there have to be much more similarities between the two eyes. To be honest. The ability, to predict movements, is in fact much more suitable and logical for the byakugan then the sharingan. Don't you think so?
Well it would make sense, but at the same time I think it wouldn't make sense. Personally when Tenten says that Neji can perceive/sense every attack from his opponent I interpreted it as being that he can see subtle movements in chakra and in the opponents muscles and therefore can tell immediately that the person is going to attack, but may not immediately know where the person is going to attack until the person actually attacks. I think that personally would be better for the byakugan rather than predicting attacks.
Old 2007-05-21, 03:58   Link #15
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I just deleted a whole bunch of completely off topic posts. This isn't a Neji vs Itachi thread and certainely not a Yondaime is da best one. Keep it that way.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 07:53   Link #16
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

I would like to see a technique (a jutsu) that utilises the byakugan even more...for example some kind of explosive orb being able to be transferred at any target location in the field of vision of the byakugan. Apart from something like that...i would just like to see how the byakugan came to be originally..or even how the sharingan came from the byakugan..more history sort of.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 01:44   Link #17
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

*laughs* You guys need to stop biting my ideas and altering it ever so slightly.
Old 2007-05-22, 12:56   Link #18
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

I have one. Not really Byukugan related but something I would like to see someone in the Hyuuga Clan do preferably by someone with a huge amount of chakra. The way this would work would be for the user of the jutsu to constantly release chakra from every Tenketsu creating something similar to Kaiten. But instead of actually repelling attacks it would increase the gravity within the radius to xx amount (like 10 times more than normal Earth’s gravity) rendering everything within the field extremely slow or to a stand still. The user of the technique would be unaffected since the energy would be coming from the user’s body thus the gravitational pull would always simply be around the user.
ILikeSquiReLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 17:05   Link #19
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSquiReLz View Post
I have one. Not really Byukugan related but something I would like to see someone in the Hyuuga Clan do preferably by someone with a huge amount of chakra. The way this would work would be for the user of the jutsu to constantly release chakra from every Tenketsu creating something similar to Kaiten. But instead of actually repelling attacks it would increase the gravity within the radius to xx amount (like 10 times more than normal Earth’s gravity) rendering everything within the field extremely slow or to a stand still. The user of the technique would be unaffected since the energy would be coming from the user’s body thus the gravitational pull would always simply be around the user.
I saw something like this in another anime
Old 2007-05-22, 17:51   Link #20
Akatsuki_King
Speaker for the Dead
*Artist

Location: somewhere in-between the damnation of hell and the celestial glory of heaven
Send a message via MSN to Akatsuki_King Send a message via Yahoo to Akatsuki_King
Well, I think something like the ability to perceive lingering echoes of charka on the opponent that would allow you to know what kind of jutsus they use. Not the actual jutsu of course, just the type. For instance, whenever they use a jutsu, echoes of charka would linger on their body in a certain shape or color that is unique to this type of jutsu. This would allow the user to prepare themselves for that kind of attack.

Last edited by Akatsuki_King; 2007-05-22 at 21:10.
Akatsuki_King is offline   Reply With Quote