I have dn angel on CD, and when I play it,
the sound sounds like its in sort of a 'slow motion'
like it was slown down...

and sometimes it just skips large sections of
audio...

I have ffdshow alpha [the latest]
2003-05-23

and if I play it without the codec
I can hear the sound, and its the same thing...so...
its not the codec...
Old 2003-11-10, 03:36   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

hmm, what type of file is it. Does this also happen with other videos files?
What media player r u playing it in? Have you tried to reinstall the media player you are trying to play it in. Also try saving a episode to your hard drive and play it from there. If that doesn't work try an reinstall all your codecs again, if you have Nimo codec pack reinstall Nimo again. Hope this works, good luck.
Old 2003-11-10, 03:47   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Please ignore the call to install Nimo, I'm sure that you've been around long enough to know that is bad advice. I'd like to know if this happens when you try to play other videos on your CD drive, as opposed to playing them from your hard drive. It is possible that the problem is with your CD drive.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-10, 04:06   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Please ignore the call to install Nimo, I'm sure that you've been around long enough to know that is bad advice. I'd like to know if this happens when you try to play other videos on your CD drive, as opposed to playing them from your hard drive. It is possible that the problem is with your CD drive.
Come on Nimo isn't so bad it works for me perfectly. I don't understand why people say it's bad, its good for people who isn't computer savy. Just install the divx, xvid, and latest ffdshow and you'll all set.
Old 2003-11-10, 04:12   Link #5
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Nimo is bad because while it may work for some people, like yourself, we have seen many people come on this forum with problems that vanish as soon as they uninstall Nimo. Anything that causes problems for that many people is something that I cannot recommend to someone who isn't computer savy. You're simply one of the lucky ones.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-10, 18:31   Link #6
outlaw55
Banned

Nimo includes a lot of STUFF that conflict (ex: two audio tools that in the INDIVIDUAL installs warn about not installing together) yet it ALLOWS for a full install. Unless you do a decode only install you are pretty much boned for playback. Nemo is a bad idead when you can get them all individually OR playback EVERYTHING with ffdshow alpha.
Old 2003-11-10, 20:13   Link #7
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw55
Nimo includes a lot of STUFF that conflict (ex: two audio tools that in the INDIVIDUAL installs warn about not installing together) yet it ALLOWS for a full install. Unless you do a decode only install you are pretty much boned for playback. Nemo is a bad idead when you can get them all individually OR playback EVERYTHING with ffdshow alpha.
ok ok i hear you Nimo is bad, but it works perfectly fine for me. I muss be so lucky that it works perfectly in all of my 5 computers at home, strange isn't it. I think the best way is not install any codec packs and just install the codecs you need that way you know exactly what you have and don't have, but for newbies that may be a little difficult for them.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-11-10 at 20:26.
Old 2003-11-10, 21:07   Link #8
dark_breaka
Äñìmê Frëã|{

I would also suggest that you use the old windows media player if you still experience video skips and slow sound if you are on the xp operating system since the new one that comes with xp takes up quite alot of resources. The old one is located in C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player and its called mplayer2 I hope that solves your problem
Old 2003-11-10, 22:24   Link #9
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_breaka
I would also suggest that you use the old windows media player if you still experience video skips and slow sound if you are on the xp operating system since the new one that comes with xp takes up quite alot of resources. The old one is located in C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player and its called mplayer2 I hope that solves your problem
Thats a good point I forgot that one, sometimes the sound skipping can be a sign of not enough memory resources and knowing XP is a resource hogger. If you have less then 128MB of RAM then that could be the source of the problem.

edit: I just notice I got one bad Rep for one of my posts here, something about recommend to intstall Nimo, I did not recommend to anyone to install Nimo codec pack I clearly stated if he has had Nimo codec pack previous installed to reinstall it again. I don't think that was fair, and from my experiences I have recommended Nimo codec pack to newbies and friends of mine who isn't so tech savy and they have had absolutely no problems with video playback. So I don't see how that is bad advice, this is coming from my experiences. I just wanted to make that clear, the rep doesn't really mean anything to me so I wont ask to have it removed.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-11-10 at 23:24.
Old 2003-11-11, 01:55   Link #10
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
ok ok i hear you Nimo is bad, but it works perfectly fine for me. I muss be so lucky that it works perfectly in all of my 5 computers at home, strange isn't it. I think the best way is not install any codec packs and just install the codecs you need that way you know exactly what you have and don't have, but for newbies that may be a little difficult for them.
I understand that point of view, but when dealing with newbies I think it is better for them to install things that are more likely to help so that there is less risk of the help causing other problems. If a newbie knows how to install Nimo, then they can install practically everything we recommend as long as we point them to it. Their real problem is finding stuff.

Old 2003-11-11, 09:55   Link #11
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

got it working a little better now.
I played it on realone [very bad], wmp9 [a little better] and medai player classic [the best, just a little near the end]

It only happens to dn angel, even when its on my HD...
Oh well, Ill just live with it ^^
Old 2003-11-11, 14:03   Link #12
outlaw55
Banned

I've accually seen this issue before now that you mention it. A friend of mine was having that problem (along with my brother) where mp3 audio would skip randomly. Unsure of the cause (it isn't there not being enough resources, my friend had a KICK ASS system at the time) but it seemed over time it got better for some reason (my friend was able to play stuff fine EXECT on a fresh format, if it got to where it was working and if he were to format, he would have the same problem again).

It ONLY did it for MP3 audio for them, is that the case here? (note: we tried LOTS of stuff to fix it, but I won't go into detail cuz it would take forever, LOL)
Old 2003-11-11, 18:47   Link #13
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

funny, we just formatted our c drive....
just before this happened
Old 2003-11-11, 21:49   Link #14
Animaniac
On leave?

Try using MPC with and without the internal MPEG Audio decoder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
but for newbies that may be a little difficult for them.
Only newbies use Nimo. You'll come to realize that eventually.
Old 2003-11-11, 22:23   Link #15
outlaw55
Banned

*Finds Nemo on Animaniac's PC*

:O!!! n00b alert!!!

lol, just pickin'
Old 2003-11-11, 23:08   Link #16
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaniac
Try using MPC with and without the internal MPEG Audio decoder.

Only newbies use Nimo. You'll come to realize that eventually.
Yes that is why I sometimes recommend Nimo to newbies. But some ppl here on these boards dont think the same way as I do, so I will not recommend it in my future posts on these boards. Well Actually I never recommended Nimo I believe I just said to reinstall Nimo again if he has Nimo previouly installed.