Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-12, 10:37   Link #1
100fr

Real Ninjas?

hey guys,

i'm just wondering:
i know ninja's exist and they had a very important roll in the past.
now what is the current roll of the inja's these days if they exist and what was their roll in the past?

what weapons do they use
how are they trained...

maybe it's stupid but i still like the idea that people are very trained in stealth and assasination skills and other stuff, so let's get this starteds
100fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 11:02   Link #2
Hobbit_Marco

Send a message via MSN to Hobbit_Marco
I saw something about them on tv once. They were actually like the ninja's you see in movies, but they are not as powerfull as they look in the movies of course.
They could make smoke-screens in seconds and throw shuriken and kunai. They also did something with swords and hand to hand combat. I don't know what their role was in the past, I guess to spy and assasinate people.
I hope that helped atleast a bit ^^.
Hobbit_Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 12:34   Link #3
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100fr
maybe it's stupid but i still like the idea that people are very trained in stealth and assasination skills and other stuff, so let's get this starteds
Congrat you discovered the existence of the spies and commando
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 12:46   Link #4
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to ky_khor
100fr

you can ask them directly after you join them in heaven.
but make sure you learn japanese first.
ky_khor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 12:52   Link #5
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Most ninja's were women, believe it or not, as they are/were considerably smaller and lighter, and therefore more stealthily capable (or something).

But yeah, ninja's dont exist nowadays. There are more modern versions of that kind of thing as Hunter mentioned.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 12:55   Link #6
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
ninjas i hope still exist, even tho theres no causefor them, but i just hope they still do..
Old 2004-01-12, 13:23   Link #7
grahf

Believe it or not, their really are still a few ninjas out there. Recently, there was a program on the Discovery Channel about them. There are apparently two schools left, although they have less than a dozen students combined. The school that allowed TDC to film them had five or six students, the highest ranking one being a Scotsman (!!!), who will take over the school when his master retires. It was quite interesting.
grahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 13:25   Link #8
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Indeed, sorry, I didnt mean they dont exist anymore as in the teachings are no longer taught, just that they arent used in a practical sense anymore.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 13:28   Link #9
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
ninjas i hope still exist, even tho theres no causefor them, but i just hope they still do..
lol Dragon-san

About the topic's author question: ninjas weren't real warriors. Ninjas were spies, simple like that. They were also trained in case some samurai or other ninja tried to kill him/her, anyways their job was to spy and achieve information. Real warriors were the samurais, and the spies were the "shinobi"- ninja There existed huge ninja factions working for the government, such as the Oniwabanshuu which worked for the Tokugawa Shogunate for more than 200 years. They were created by Tokugawa Yoshimune, the 8th Tokugawa Shogun. A curious fact, the Oniwabanshuu ninjas, besides being charged of espionage on other factions, were the personal bodyguards of the Shogun, and they were also charged of the Edo (actual Tokyo) Castle security. The Oniwabanshuu disappeared along with the Tokugawa Shogunate and the Edo Era, when the Meiji Government began in Japan. Although some of it survived, and tried to live their own life in the new government. The Oniwabanshuu appeared in Rurouni Kenshin, although all its present members are ficticious (Shinomori Aoshi, Makimachi Misao and all others were made up by Nobuhiro Watsuki-sensei). For more info about the Oniwabanshuu, see this link

Like Hunter-san said, there's spies and commandos today There's no need for ninjas anymore. Anyways, ninjas were the older Japanese/Chinese version of actual spies. Although there's still some ninjas left, the last real ninja died few years ago. He was the last survivor of a real ninja family who worked for the Shogunate centuries ago. And yeah, he was an old gezeer, but he kicked major ass
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 14:17   Link #10
Izlude
Sharingan!

if the bad-assery we think of when we think of ninjas was actually possible, i doubt they'd have died out. it's cool to think that there might be some sword-brandishing stealth assassin out there somewhere though.
Izlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 21:57   Link #11
Logical Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to Logical Ninja Send a message via AIM to Logical Ninja Send a message via MSN to Logical Ninja
http://entertheninja.com/ Read about us here. There is serious ninja history and faq about us here, and a lot of funny jokes as well.

For a complete joke site about ninja, go here. http://realultimatepower.net/
Logical Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 22:52   Link #12
Stickels
Just passing by

I was just about to post that realultimatepower site, then I get to the last post and you got to it first.

I'll check out the other site though.
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 07:29   Link #13
Gaara_
ぬけ人

Send a message via AIM to Gaara_
Ninja Villages existed but in General a Jounin was a very powerful leader, the Chuunin were those who commanded Genin along with some power. Genin were the go to guys, they did the work. A warlord is attacking the ninja village, The Jounin would find that the warlord had brought him gifts and left the village with all his men. The Chuunin would suddenly find the warlord very ill and unable to command, he would die a tragic death at the hands of disease and the village would be safe. The genin would find that the warlord and his generals had been assassinated in the night. Something like that was a description I heard.

Unfortunately rank was not usually progressive, born a Genin die a genin. shame.
Gaara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 17:07   Link #14
100fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
Google it you jackass. or look it up in the encyclopedia. dont make us do YOUR research.

oe very constructive feedback, but i'll give it a try!
Old 2004-01-13, 17:08   Link #15
100fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Congrat you discovered the existence of the spies and commando
jeps, tought about it when i was posting this thread, just tried to laucnh something that could give interesstng info, wrong bet, it's better that i don't think
Old 2004-01-14, 00:02   Link #16
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
few hundred years from now, ppl will start some kind of virturl forum: Real spies vs some spy cartoon. And they would be ppl refering spies with the all-mighty-charming-get-any-girl-he-wants-007-james-bond.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 01:19   Link #17
fotonios

well,i know for a fact the spying is one of the biggest business around,it has many versions,industrial,military,political,and so on.

so i quess in a way the art of the ninjas is still around,maybe in not the same form like it was centuries ago,but the same meaning.

ive heard that nations like the usa and russia spend three times more money in spying others than in actually developing there own technology.i know it sounds crazy,but hey,who knows?

and in a way,it makes sence ,if u know how the enemies weapons fundamentaly work,then i quess u could easily find a simple (antidode).

if u don't know,then u could be in trouble!
fotonios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 20:15   Link #18
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

Send a message via AIM to K9Platnum685
Naruto wins
K9Platnum685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 20:26   Link #19
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

... what are ninjas up to nowadays? ... I'll tell you

ninja news:black ninjas attack train

By Pascale Harter
BBC, Brazzaville

A train has been attacked and derailed in the southern Pool region of the Republic of Congo, injuring 31, with the number of dead as yet unknown.

The government have blamed the attack on so called Ninja rebels, a militia group active during Congo's civil wars of 1997 and 1998, who style themselves on the ancient Japanese warriors.

The derailment occurred when a railway bridge in the town of Loulombo, some 200 km west of the capital, Brazzaville, was blown up.

Persistent clashes between Ninjas and the Congolese army in the Pool region are proving to be a serious obstacle to peace in the country.

Attack

The cargo train, which was carrying medical supplies and much needed petrol to the capital, was attacked on Saturday evening, but the information was not made public until late Sunday night.

[President Denis Sassou Nguesso]
The attack is a blow to President Sassou
The Pool region has been the scene of sporadic fighting between suspected Ninjas and government forces since April this year, but the Ninjas have consistently denied responsibility for several attacks on the railway line in recent months.

Access to the area has been denied to international aid agencies, causing concern over the condition of an estimated 60,000 internally displaced people in the region.

Blow

This is the third time the strategic railway link between Congo's oil hub of Pointe-Noir and the capital Brazzaville has been attacked since April.

The disruption has cause a serious shortage of petrol, in what is the currently the third largest producer of crude oil in Africa.

Taxi drivers and motorists in the capital are being forced to queue overnight outside petrol stations in order to buy fuel at vastly inflated prices.

This latest attack is a blow to newly inaugurated President Denis Sassou-Nguesso, who is keen to show that Congo Brazzaville has emerged from a decade of civil wars into a state of peace and stability, and attract much needed foreign investment to rebuild the country.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 21:33   Link #20
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
My uncle is half ninja, we use chopsticks to blind our enemies, the wall climbing, and tree leaping is all true, we can use alot of jutsu techniques, but it takes time to learn.

My mom is half saiyan as well, so I'm like.......GOD
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote