AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-06, 23:22   Link #1
Akina_san
Anime LoverX2

Where is the Shojo Beat?

Wow...no fans of girl type manga at all. How patetic of the threds.
Old 2007-04-06, 23:32   Link #2
Akina_san
Anime LoverX2

This makes me the maddest person in the worlsd right now.
Old 2007-04-07, 00:14   Link #3
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

eh???? Pick a manga you like that you don't see a thread for,and start a thread and see if you get a response. Be sure to do a search first to make sure there isn't already a thread about it.

I'm one of those types who couldn't given a flying flip whether a manga is labeled 'shounen' or 'shoujo' or 'josei' or whatever. Either the story appeals or not and I'm not real enamored of people who won't try a story out because some publishing goblin stuck "this is for girls" on it or vice versa.

Just be sure to read the forum rules and don't double post unless there's been a lot of time since the last post (you could have edited your first post).
Old 2007-04-07, 01:52   Link #4
Akina_san
Anime LoverX2

Hey! That was mean. Look I'm not saying I am a serious fan of Shojo(in america, they spell it this way) I'm saying that even if I take all of my precious time looking for the type of things that intrest me, then what is the point of my famous random chat's? It would be completely pointless now. If I am the one who says there isn't anyone who doesn't thread about the Shojo Manga, then that is my own desicion, not tyour own. I am very endevored and lightly confussed on your own comment.
Old 2007-04-07, 03:21   Link #5
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akina_san View Post
Hey! That was mean. Look I'm not saying I am a serious fan of Shojo(in america, they spell it this way) I'm saying that even if I take all of my precious time looking for the type of things that intrest me, then what is the point of my famous random chat's? It would be completely pointless now. If I am the one who says there isn't anyone who doesn't thread about the Shojo Manga, then that is my own desicion, not tyour own. I am very endevored and lightly confussed on your own comment.
I am thoroughly confused by your comments ^^;;
I take it English is a second language.
If you look a bit closer there are quite a few threads for shoujo manga.

(btw, I'm an american, and like to spell it "shoujo" )
Old 2007-04-07, 04:24   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lets back up a few steps ... I wasn't yelling at you... I was suggesting that if you didn't see a thread about a manga you liked.. then you're free to start one of your own and see who pops in. That second paragraph in my previous post was just stating that I don't find the genre labels useful for determining what I like to read.

I'd like to hear what manga you're interested in. You seem to have shown up mad and are biting the heads off of people, eh? (Like Jedinat, I'm having some trouble figuring out what that last post as well).

I'm not sure what to say about "your precious time" other than everyone's time is precious but it is a cooperative thing to share information. Everyone here starts a thread about a manga or anime they're interested in if a thread doesn't already exist.

... in America? o.O Interesting that what you're assuming there.

Well, using the roman (romaji) alphabet, the spelling of japanese words can follow several patterns. Technically the "o" is extended/long in "shoujo" so you may see it spelled "shojo", "shoujo" (which emphasizes that the "o" is long as it is in Japanese), or "shōjo" (best but a pain in the ass to put in the "ō").

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-04-07 at 04:51.
Old 2007-04-07, 04:45   Link #7
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Like Vexx said you need to be more specific on your topic. Shojo Beat comprise of many mangas, don't generalized on this topic unless this theme is for Shojo Beat Mangas as a whole.

I love Beauty Pop, though I don't like Yuu Watase's mangas though. Same story, different characters. That's what I feels like.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Closed Thread