Notices

Old 2006-09-27, 13:58   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Gundam Seed Destiny Manga

sometime ago i bought volume 1 of the manga made of Gundam Seed Destiny

does anyone else agree that the manga is a bit rushed... in 1 volume you go from gundam kidnap to Shinn bashing in EAF forces in seed mode for the first time...

there was no vibe at all... i didnt feel a single shed of tear thought when they handled J 7 as it crashed down below which was weird cause on tv i was crying...

volume 2 hasnt been released yet in my country, dont know if anyone read it but is that one also being rushed to the far end of the universe or something? and what parts did they enter, is that volume ending with Stellar's death?

and does anyoneknow how many manga volumes there will be of Gundam Seed Destiny? (bet theyre making it a novel version as well though )
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 20:59   Link #2
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
sometime ago i bought volume 1 of the manga made of Gundam Seed Destiny

does anyone else agree that the manga is a bit rushed... in 1 volume you go from gundam kidnap to Shinn bashing in EAF forces in seed mode for the first time...

there was no vibe at all... i didnt feel a single shed of tear thought when they handled J 7 as it crashed down below which was weird cause on tv i was crying...

volume 2 hasnt been released yet in my country, dont know if anyone read it but is that one also being rushed to the far end of the universe or something? and what parts did they enter, is that volume ending with Stellar's death?

and does anyoneknow how many manga volumes there will be of Gundam Seed Destiny? (bet theyre making it a novel version as well though )
I don't think I'll be picking this up in the future, since when I flipped through it (whether it was an imported version or a translated version I saw at the Toronto CNA), I hated the artwork. Also, I'm thinking that the manga version was done by the same manga-ka who adapted the SEED manga. Is this true?

EDIT: @-KarumA-: I know this doesn't answer your question, but depending on where the first volume stopped and how much the plot material will be covered, the count might not even reach a double digit.

Last edited by Knightmare213; 2006-09-27 at 21:56.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 08:05   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
I don't think I'll be picking this up in the future, since when I flipped through it (whether it was an imported version or a translated version I saw at the Toronto CNA), I hated the artwork. Also, I'm thinking that the manga version was done by the same manga-ka who adapted the SEED manga. Is this true?

EDIT: @-KarumA-: I know this doesn't answer your question, but depending on where the first volume stopped and how much the plot material will be covered, the count might not even reach a double digit.
ill check it out, yep both GS and GSD have the same art maker : Masatsugu Iwase

i didnt mind the art work much but it was just that it was too rushed.. like the last episode of GSD.. but then the entire series

an yes i already thought of the fact that ti owuldnt reach a double digit.. it will probably be like 3/4 volumes or something... next volume covering Stellar till her death and Sting + Auel, last one would cover the final battle stuff -_-; too bad couldve been a good manga.. a make up for the series but heck no they messed up even worse
Old 2006-09-28, 08:09   Link #4
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Considering that there are 2 mangas with differing mangakas for both SEED and Destiny, (( one with the clean shoujo style and another with a more rough, line-heavy battle oriented style )), which one are you referring to?
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 08:24   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Considering that there are 2 mangas with differing mangakas for both SEED and Destiny, (( one with the clean shoujo style and another with a more rough, line-heavy battle oriented style )), which one are you referring to?
i idnt know there were 2 manga's , i thought there was one comic form and one novel form

im revering to the comiced one :P
with Shinn on the front and Gundam Seed Destiny written vertically in red letters with Impulse int he back
Old 2006-09-28, 14:41   Link #6
stillmissing

Gundam Seed had two manga adaptations, one serialized in Magazine Z and the other in Comic Bonbon.

Gundam Seed Destiny had three manga adaptations, one in Magazine Z, another in Bonbon, and yet another in Gundam Ace.

Both shows also had novelizations, but that has nothing to do with manga.

The people in this thread appear to be discussing the Magazine Z adaptation.
stillmissing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 05:05   Link #7
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing
Gundam Seed had two manga adaptations, one serialized in Magazine Z and the other in Comic Bonbon.

Gundam Seed Destiny had three manga adaptations, one in Magazine Z, another in Bonbon, and yet another in Gundam Ace.

Both shows also had novelizations, but that has nothing to do with manga.

The people in this thread appear to be discussing the Magazine Z adaptation.

ooh thanks for the explanation.. i gues thats what you get when i live in an abime isolated country :P i had no clue there were other forms of GSD manga