AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-08-23, 07:59   Link #1
R.N

"frame-rate" Problem ..

hi Mena-san ^_^

Well , i have this problem that i hope u help me with

I Just downloaded "Innocent Venus" from l33t-raws , i discovered the frame rate was "199" , how could i convert it to ( 23 - 29 ) , without any desynchronization or Audio/Video Problems ?

I Hope i Post it at the right forum , and Thanx
R.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 09:12   Link #2
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Here's a basic idea. That page explains how to convert from 120fps to 24fps (constant frame rate), so you may need to adjust the script a little, depending on which method you use.

If you want to take a plunge into the world of variable frame rate, read this thread.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 13:40   Link #3
Shounen
Away for good

getting tired at reading all that?
dont understand a sh**?

do this it's really simple:
start Vdub(mod)
<insert video file here>
got to video-> frame rate -> "frame rate conversion" -> convert fps: 29.970 or whatever... push OK.

Next for the audio:
streams...-> probly a vbr (variable bitrate) stream..
-> save wav..-> name it and save it in an place were you might find i later.

Use your fav audio encoder.. lame for example (its free too :O)
set to.. anything lower or the same bitrate should do the trick. (take CBR not vbr!!)
Now go back to Vdub and go back to stream list.. press add <your newly encoded file perhaps?> -> OK

Might wanna compress the video too since taking "Direct Stream Copy" would make look like "lagg"... (so take fast/normal/full proc mode)
Hit File-> save as: <insert funny name here> and choose you container..mkv/ogm/avi
wait for the process to finish

Be happy

Last edited by Shounen; 2006-09-15 at 13:55.
Shounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 23:35   Link #4
Nicholi
King of Hosers

You probably should have just deleted the post above that too, since the answers have already been linked. Mods are always funny like that I guess. The above posters method isn't that great because it shows you nothing about the raw itself and it also sounds like he/she is new to encoding.

Best method would probably be to first grab tritical's avi_tc app. Use this on the AVI to extract the timecodes to see what framerates are actually used in the source. Many times it seems RAW "providers" are just newbly making 120fps raws when the source itself is one framerate. The timecodes will give you a clear picture on what framerate the show is running at and show you any 30fps sections (or other fps sections). If there are any 30fps sections you will know they will be jerky in the final encode if you are encoding to a constant framerate (CFR) with AVI. If you aren't going to use AVI, variable framerate is always an option and really the best for this stuff.

I think most knowledgable encoders prefer to use AviSynth because when you use VirtualDub filters you insert an unnecessary colorspace conversion from YV12 to RGB32 (for VDub processing) and then back to YV12. It isn't that noticable of course but why do something completely un-needed? There aren't that many filters for VDub for processing video anyways, which I am assuming you plan to do to the video anyways, so doing the entire conversion with AviSynth along with your processing (smoothing, sharpening, etc etc) is just going to be simpler in the end. Though I have never had to deal with going from 120fps to a final constant framerate (always used VFR) I hear most people prefer to use the FDecimate filter. Which will bring you down to the final CFR without erroneously removing frames of motion.

Last edited by Nicholi; 2006-09-16 at 09:35.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 23:51   Link #5
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Frame rate conversions in VirtualDub do not require Full Processing Mode (the only mode in which the filter system is used). However, if you were using VirtualDub, you should use the decimation, not changing the actual framerate (which does not actually change the number of frames, and thus will change the running time of the video).
Old 2006-09-16, 09:43   Link #6
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Ahh so it seems. Shows how much I use VDub for filtering/IVTC anyways. Right you can't just use the top option to "change" the FPS, that will only cause the file to play at the new framerate, all the frames are still there though.

However I don't think you can use the Decimate features because you would need to change the so called "n-in-m" decimation pattern (terms from Decimate/AviSynth). Here you can only set it to decimate 1 frame every X. Not good enough for 120fps RAWs. So it looks like you would have to use the ConvertFPS feature, not really how it is handling all the duplicates though. In my opinion the best options using AviSynth are all in the link Sylf posted.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 13:08   Link #7
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

No, VirtualDub's decimation is plenty good enough. You're misreading the description. You can set VDub's decimator to 4 to derive 29.970fps, and to 5 to derive 23.976fps.
Old 2006-09-16, 14:44   Link #8
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

SelectEvery(n,0)
should work just as well as any other method, but is probably much faster than most others...
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 18:24   Link #9
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Nah. The fastest method (as long as motion accuracy isn't a concern), then VDub's "Decimate by" is far far faster than SelectEvery() - You decimate it with direct stream copy - it's damn fast even on PIII!
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 18:32   Link #10
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Well, I meant as far as reencoding was concerned. Direct stream copy is cheating... ;P
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote