AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-10, 15:50   Link #1
*Pyoro*

Romance/Drama like Suzuka, KimiNozo, etc

just finished suzuka, wondering if there were any other series like it to watch. anything with deep romance like KimiNozo. ive also really liked elfen lied and shingetsutan tsukihime so stuff along those lines are good too. any help is appreciated.
Old 2006-02-10, 16:09   Link #2
k4g0me-sama

I recommend...

Paradise Kiss....I took sooooo long to get this series because the description for the anime was not too enticing. But I went for it and let me tell you I do not regret it. Paradise Kiss is not all that much about japanese fashion. It actually centers more on romance & love. The maturity level is very much like kiminozo. Characters express their feelings without the kiddy timidness we see in many high school animes. I saw it all in one sitting. The opening credits will probably make you think you made a mistake but trust me, it only took me watching the first episode to keep me going episode after episode. Actually now that I think about it....this is actually the second serious love anime ive seen. Well hope this helps.
Old 2006-02-10, 19:03   Link #3
MamoruUsagi

Happy Hustle High

Kare First Love

Mars

The Devil Does exist

Wild Act

Akuma De Sourou

Marmalade Boy

Peach Girl

Ultra Cute

High School Debut

The Devil Does Exist

Love Attack

Doubt!!

Bokura ga Ita

Paradise Kiss

Missile Happy!

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-07-08 at 20:35.
Old 2006-02-11, 04:42   Link #4
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

To be honest, you're not going to get anything near Kiminozo drama levels... However, something which is just as atmospheric is AIR TV. No romance, but it is a VERY good show; plus, it's available on animesuki.
Old 2006-02-11, 14:22   Link #5
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
To be honest, you're not going to get anything near Kiminozo drama levels... However, something which is just as atmospheric is AIR TV. No romance, but it is a VERY good show; plus, it's available on animesuki.
There's a couple, I can name one off the top of my head (in regards to drama level), Saikano.

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,9...q,saikano.html
Old 2006-02-11, 18:36   Link #6
*Pyoro*

I've seen AIR TV and i didn't find it that great, probably because it was a little confusing plot wise. i thought kanon was better.
Old 2006-02-11, 21:36   Link #7
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
A new series that reminds me of the whole love triangle in KGNE is Kashimashi. Its about a boy who gets rejected by the girl he had a crush and later gets transformed into a girl when an alien spaceship crashed into him. His best friend since forever has always loved him/her and eventually his old crush begins to dig on him/her again. This series is for sure yuri, girl on girl action, but it is super cute and enjoyable. It can be found here at animesuki for dl. For a summary you can go here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5835
Old 2006-02-11, 22:35   Link #8
MamoruUsagi

Some of the best romances are

Sailor Moon

200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The perfect romance, Usagi and Mamoru, also known as Serena and Darien, the main couple and best couple get married, have a child and have a perfect, wonderful story with love, reincarnation, marriage, passion and magic. I've been a fan since 1995. The best version si the Japanese version.

Fushigi Yuugi

Also known as Fushigi Yugi : The Mysterious Play. Fushigi Yugi is also a wonderful love story between Miaka and Tamahome, a wonderful couple. Tamahome is also known as Taka. Tamahome is a great character.

Ayashi no Ceres

Ayashi no Ceres is a great manga. The anime changes everything, though. The manga is great.

Mars

Mars is a realistic romance series.

Kare First Love

Kare First Love is a realistic romance series.

The Devil Does Exist

The Devil Does Exist is a great romance.

Wild Act

Wild Act is a great romance.

High School Debut

Great romance series.

Ultra Cute

Bokura ga Ita

Paradise Kiss

High School Debut

Mars

Kare Kano

Happy Hustle High

Look above for my other suggestions. My suggestions above are also manga that have deep, passionate romance. My suggestions above are also great series.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-07-08 at 20:35.
Closed Thread