Old 2004-12-14, 12:34   Link #2
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
Opinions please.

*Also whose fansub for Macross7?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know much about Anime Gundam but Hero Legends just does HK fix ups.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 15:33   Link #3
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
I don't know much about Anime Gundam but Hero Legends just does HK fix ups.
AG's video is from a DVD source and well... They are the farthest so far in regards to high video quality... I'm gonna stick with them as long as they release it every few days or so :P

As for Macross 7... AnimeSkyScraper finished all of it, Central Anime is half way done... so it depends on whether you want to wait for Central Anime or not... I loved their scripts for Initial D... but not sure how good their Macross 7 is...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 16:17   Link #4
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
AG's video is from a DVD source and well... They are the farthest so far in regards to high video quality... I'm gonna stick with them as long as they release it every few days or so :P

As for Macross 7... AnimeSkyScraper finished all of it, Central Anime is half way done... so it depends on whether you want to wait for Central Anime or not... I loved their scripts for Initial D... but not sure how good their Macross 7 is...

ASS isn't a fansubbing group. They rip HK's and fix those.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 16:56   Link #5
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
Central Anime are gods of fansubbing. Their Macross 7 scripts are the same ones they used for the VHS release, meaning extremely good.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 18:19   Link #6
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
Opinions please.

*Also whose fansub for Macross7?

Thanks in advance.
For Turn-A Gundam, Anime-Gundam are the better release - dvd source and a direct translation versus Herolegends being bootleg sourced and subs merely the bootleg ones cleaned up, but AG release extremely slowly and the only time they ever seem to bother to torrent their releases is when Herolegends put something out.

For Macross 7, go with Central Anime.

ASS's M7 release is horrific. Bootleg rips that aren't even cleaned up.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 18:44   Link #7
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panon
For Turn-A Gundam, Anime-Gundam are the better release - dvd source and a direct translation versus Herolegends being bootleg sourced and subs merely the bootleg ones cleaned up, but AG release extremely slowly and the only time they ever seem to bother to torrent their releases is when Herolegends put something out.

For Macross 7, go with Central Anime.

ASS's M7 release is horrific. Bootleg rips that aren't even cleaned up.
Geh, they are that bad? Or do you mean the video isn't cleaned up? I'd love to get Central's version but it's BT-only...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 19:17   Link #8
FlyByNite

A little OT, but I was wondering something about a Turn-A Gundam and Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak connection.

Sochie(Turn-A) and Enora Taft(Kenran) have the same VA (Murata Akino) and she's only listed as ever appearing in one other anime(Brain Powered) besides Turn-A and Kenran.

I think Sochie and Enora both look a heckuva lot alike and they have the same personality, both are from rather affluent families.

It's been bugging me ever since I finally realized the voices sounded a like when AG put out some new episodes. I see the director of Kenran was an episode director on Turn-A so I wonder if Enora was modeled on Sochie at all? Or if he saw the personality and look and thought Murata Akino would be perfect? :Shrug:

I don't know that anyone would have an answer...Just my ramblings
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 21:22   Link #9
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Sochie(Turn-A) and Enora Taft(Kenran) have the same VA (Murata Akino) and she's only listed as ever appearing in one other anime(Brain Powered) besides Turn-A and Kenran.

I think Sochie and Enora both look a heckuva lot alike and they have the same personality, both are from rather affluent families.

It's been bugging me ever since I finally realized the voices sounded a like when AG put out some new episodes. I see the director of Kenran was an episode director on Turn-A so I wonder if Enora was modeled on Sochie at all? Or if he saw the personality and look and thought Murata Akino would be perfect? :Shrug:
Akino Murata's characters all seem the same... I'm not sure if its her unique (and annoying ) voice or not. But IMO Sochie is even more similar to Hime from Brain Powerd (Akino's debut role) than Enora. Maybe its because they were both written by Tomino.

Not sure if Enora is modeled on anyone though, since she's based on a character from a game after all.
Old 2004-12-14, 21:55   Link #10
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Akino Murata's characters all seem the same... I'm not sure if its her unique (and annoying ) voice or not. But IMO Sochie is even more similar to Hime from Brain Powerd (Akino's debut role) than Enora. Maybe its because they were both written by Tomino.

Not sure if Enora is modeled on anyone though, since she's based on a character from a game after all.
Ah you're right, I forgot it was the game that was created first. So I guess it was a case of the director thinking 'oh yea, Akino is perfect for this annoying uppity young girl'
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote