AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-12, 05:05   Link #1
Jin Rin

Dearka & Millaria

I don't know if anyone cares, but I like those two Characters (while Yzak became my favorite watching his character really grow). I was hoping they'd get together, and after watching the intro again, I realize she's next to a GINN.. so I assume that she's in ZAFT which would mean she's with Dearka?

I see no reason to have her in the series other than she's with him (because of her civilian dress).. thoughts anyone?
Jin Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 05:12   Link #2
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Rin
I don't know if anyone cares, but I like those two Characters (while Yzak became my favorite watching his character really grow). I was hoping they'd get together, and after watching the intro again, I realize she's next to a GINN.. so I assume that she's in ZAFT which would mean she's with Dearka?

I see no reason to have her in the series other than she's with him (because of her civilian dress).. thoughts anyone?
Miriallia is a civillian. She's apparently a photojournalist, she just appeared in this last episode. Dearka and Miriallia presumably haven't seen each other since they left Archangel. Miriallia isn't really a military person, and she certainly wouldn't join ZAFT.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 09:38   Link #3
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Rin

That scene in the intro always strikes me as a warzone and the ginn in the back gound is destroyed. That and she's a photographer taking pictures of the impact of the war.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 14:17   Link #4
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Dearka and Miriallia had more of a older brother and little sister relationship. They were never canon. All she did was open Dearka's eyes to what was going on, and he took on the role as an older brother-type figure.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 14:27   Link #5
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
Miriallia is a civillian. She's apparently a photojournalist, she just appeared in this last episode. Dearka and Miriallia presumably haven't seen each other since they left Archangel. Miriallia isn't really a military person, and she certainly wouldn't join ZAFT.
Yeah...also considering that she's a natural. She wouldn't quite fit in ZAFT. Besides, I bet she still associates Dearka and Athrun with Tohru's death. I don't think there's any possibility of them getting together. I think she was just Dearka's eye-opener in SEED. Made him realize what an asshole he'd been up to that point.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 19:31   Link #6
Ansa

Dearka's still an ahole even after she opens his eyes XD, which is what I love about the guy, those two are my fav. couple besides Kira/Lacus I do hope they get togeather... Just think if they had kids and they asked how did they first meet...

[spoilers] Well we met during the war, Dearka was capured by a battleship and then I ended up trying to kill him... It turned out well in the end though[/spoiler] LOL that just makes me want it to happen...
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 21:07   Link #7
Rhonin.
Gundam Freak

Maby something happens where dearka saves milly and she like. and after that they get together.Even tho i know that thet wern't really an item in seed.
Rhonin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 00:54   Link #8
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
I was rooting for them to get together, and I was a little dissapointed when they didn't. Please don't jump down my throat for saying this, but I liked the idea of the two of them as couple, more than Kira/Lacus or Athrun/Cagalli.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 02:20   Link #9
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
I was rooting for them to get together, and I was a little dissapointed when they didn't. Please don't jump down my throat for saying this, but I liked the idea of the two of them as couple, more than Kira/Lacus or Athrun/Cagalli.
No way. I think Tohru would haunt them for the rest of their lives if they did.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 02:28   Link #10
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s
No way. I think Tohru would haunt them for the rest of their lives if they did.
I hope that he would be the bigger man, and be happy that she moved on, instead of obsessing over a dead guy.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 05:13   Link #11
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
BTW, the official name for Miriallia's deceased boyfriend is Tolle Koening.

Really, someone should take a gun to those people who think up of their official English names...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 05:37   Link #12
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
BTW, the official name for Miriallia's deceased boyfriend is Tolle Koening.

Really, someone should take a gun to those people who think up of their official English names...
Why? Most of the official names in GS and GSD are plausible, compared to earlier series.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 05:38   Link #13
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
For one, they sound nothing like how they are pronounced in Japanese.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 14:16   Link #14
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
For one, they sound nothing like how they are pronounced in Japanese.
Yes, because certain sounds in english are difficult to pronounce in Japanese. The Japanese alphabet [hiragana and katakana] are made up of syllables rather than letters. It's either a vowel or a vowel with a consonant. Also, unlike English, Japanese vowels never change sound. As for names, like I said, there just aren't some sounds for some of the parts in the name. Keep in mind that Bandai Japan romanizes almost all of the names, Bandai America typically doesn't.

Tohru to Tolle is correct. What the Japanese person is saying is "Tolle" to the extent that Japanese speaker can say it. Japanese syllables always end in a vowel except for one, the n syllable. Because of that, there is usually an extra vowel sound at the ends of some personal pronouns such as Tolle [remember that there is not L in Japanese], or Gundam [in Japanese, it's Gandamu], or Lacus [Rakusu]. When listing to pronounciation only, you have to take into account the limitations or the rules of the language.

Which names are you specificly referring to?
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 14:40   Link #15
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
"Tohru" wasn't renamed "Tolle" - he was supposed to be Tolle to begin with. It's the Japanese who mispronounced it.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 16:13   Link #16
Sephir0th666777
Proffesional Fist-shaker

Send a message via AIM to Sephir0th666777
I don't think there will be a relationship there for a GOOD long time, if there is one at all

Milliera was still obssesing over Tolle's death in the Last episode (or the OVA, one of the 2) and i don't think she is over his death

I do see them as "friends" in an awkward sort of way (if you have seen Fruits Basket, Think Tohru and Kyo around the 5th episode)
Sephir0th666777 is offline   Reply With Quote