AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-11, 19:04   Link #1
spectator

Kira's Fate: Freedom + Neutron Stampeder

Freedom is nuke powered, NS remotely activates neutrons. The rest is pretty selfexplainary. No wonder he is not the protagonist ...

Edit: Few ppl failed to understand my improper English

Freedom is powered by nuclear reactor, more specifically fission reactor.
Neutron Stampeder can cause fission to occur prematurely, and eventually goes into uncontrolled fission (nuke).

So when N.S. is fired, Freedom will go Kaboom.

Last edited by spectator; 2004-12-12 at 22:53.
spectator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 19:13   Link #2
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Reactor must be protected he woudn't be evne alive if it wasn't the case.And it's at least 100 years in the future.So they a lot of time to invent new metals.

EDIT:I misread,I have reallly no idea what you're talking about

Last edited by ZeusIrae; 2004-12-12 at 09:54.
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 19:20   Link #3
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

You know with this series, they'll probably make a neutron stampeder canceller or some other device.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 03:41   Link #4
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

One shot device and they'd have to hit him first so not neccesarily.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 07:15   Link #5
SadisticSid

Considering the range, not to mention the 60 degree firing arc, I don't think even Kira could dodge it...
SadisticSid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 08:40   Link #6
Ansa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadisticSid
Considering the range, not to mention the 60 degree firing arc, I don't think even Kira could dodge it...
Well...

Spoiler:
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 09:08   Link #7
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

what are you talking about?I thougt it was about the n-jammer canceler.smeone please explain
Old 2004-12-12, 09:44   Link #8
SadisticSid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa
Well...

Spoiler:
Yeah but Genesis was a straight beam, from the targeting screen you see before it fires the Neutron Stampede seems to have a much wider area of effect - so it'd be impossible to dodge it if you weren't right next to the emitter.

I like the idea of this weapon - instead of N-Jammers inhibiting the nuclear reactions, rendering them useless, make them detonate prematurely, making them extremely risky and dangerous to have in your possession in the first place
SadisticSid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 11:02   Link #9
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadisticSid
Yeah but Genesis was a straight beam, from the targeting screen you see before it fires the Neutron Stampede seems to have a much wider area of effect - so it'd be impossible to dodge it if you weren't right next to the emitter.

I like the idea of this weapon - instead of N-Jammers inhibiting the nuclear reactions, rendering them useless, make them detonate prematurely, making them extremely risky and dangerous to have in your possession in the first place
Yup, and this weapon is 'obviously' a defensive weapon against the tranny of those who use nukes.
(Or that's what ZAFT would claim.)

One question though, does PLANT use fisson reactors to provide energy to the 'colonies'?
(Cuz if they did, and the stampeder fired...)

Or do they run on fusion?

As for Kira, it'd be pretty anti-climatic him die like that, but I'm sure they could think of a nobel way for him to die.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 11:06   Link #10
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

PLANTs have huge solar panel.It provide light and energy.Of course it is possible that PLANTs also use nuclear reactor.
Old 2004-12-12, 14:09   Link #11
spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
what are you talking about?I thougt it was about the n-jammer canceler.smeone please explain
Damn, i lost my internet for a full day. Cant believe how i got through it...

Anyways, technological wise, things went like this:

EA -> Nuked a Junius 7
Plant -> Neutron Jammer
EA -> Kickass MICROWAVed Zaft
Plant -> EMPed EA
Plant -> Neutron Jammer Canceller
EA -> Neutron Jammer Canceller
EA -> Nuked some fortress of Plants'
Plant -> GENESISed Moon.

"Love and Peace" for like 2 years?

Plant -> Neutron Stampeder (remotely activate neutrons, starts fission prematurely.)

Last edited by spectator; 2004-12-12 at 17:29.
Old 2004-12-12, 20:25   Link #12
Demon-Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator
Freedom is nuke powered, NS remotely activates neutrons. The rest is pretty selfexplainary. No wonder he is not the protagonist ...

why would plant want to kill Kira? He is a coordinator after all, and will become pro plant as well based on newtype previews
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 20:58   Link #13
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Hunter
why would plant want to kill Kira? He is a coordinator after all, and will become pro plant as well based on newtype previews
well, maybe during some fight, ZAFT used Neutron Stampeder against a fleet of EA carrying nukes while ZAFT and EA mobile suits are battling in front. And they forgot that Freedom was powered by a nuclear reactor, and thought the Neutron Stampeder was safe for their own troops, and... well, I'd say that'd be a really sucky way for the former hero to go, nah I don't think Kira will die this kind of pathetic death
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 22:46   Link #14
spectator

I think Sunrise still has time to dump Shinn and make Kira + Athrun the protagonists. That will make the whole world happier

how about is?

Shinn: Kira can i take Freedom out for a ride?
Kira: yeah. ok just dont forget to fill the gas for me...
Shinn: sure.

On the other side,
Zala's supporters: lets assasinate Kira and Lacus. Oh wait lets zap two with Stampeder... Omg, here they come in Freedom...

On the next day,

Kira: Damn, i forgot to put insurance on Freedom, hope Lacus can get me another one
Old 2004-12-13, 02:51   Link #15
sparkswy
Ace Pilot

The Neutron Stampeder is a true threat to Freedom which is powered by nuclear energy.Let's pray Kira would not encounter the device when he gets to fight.
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 23:26   Link #16
ForceFreedom

I'm not exactly well-versed in nuclear science, but I would assume there's some kind of difference in a nuclear system made to create energy (ie. for an MS) and a nuclear system made primarily to explode. Anyone with their Nuclear Physics degree can feel free to pwn me, but could it be possible that generators are not affected by the Stampeder in the same way a warhead would be?
ForceFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 21:18   Link #17
dimdog

Send a message via AIM to dimdog
Actually your right ForceFreedom (IMO). Wouldn't the control rods stop the premature fission?
dimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 04:52   Link #18
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I don't see how you could stop the reaction when it is out of control.
It was the first time that ZAFT use the NS,next time the EA will be ready.And apparently they have only one shot.
Old 2004-12-15, 07:33   Link #19
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFreedom
I'm not exactly well-versed in nuclear science, but I would assume there's some kind of difference in a nuclear system made to create energy (ie. for an MS) and a nuclear system made primarily to explode. Anyone with their Nuclear Physics degree can feel free to pwn me, but could it be possible that generators are not affected by the Stampeder in the same way a warhead would be?
Well i dont have a nuclear physics degree, but i can roughly tell you the difference. NUclear reactions (at least i think for uranium) are chain reactions. Once you start one reaction, it will ignite two reactions and so on..., resulting in BOOM. THese uncontrolled nuclear fission is used for nuclear weaponary. For nuclear power stations, the nuclear fissions are carefully controlled to prevent a chain reaction so as to produce enough for energy and not BOOM.

The stampeder will blow off ANY nuclear device........
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 08:01   Link #20
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

for U-235 nuclear fission, one fission emits three neutrons to cause three more fissions which emits nine neutrons to cause nine more fissions etc. etc. But in a controlled enviroment, the control rob absorbs two of the three neutrons, so it's one fission -> one fission -> one fission etc. etc. and when you want it to stop, more control rod to absorb all the neutrons and the reaction will stop.

For nuclear bombs, it's not using neutron emitters to start the reaction, but to put the U-235 together to a larger enough mass (over the critical mass) so the neutrons in the nature will be enough to cause fission reaction, and since there's nothing to control it so it will be an uncontrolled chain reaction thus a big explosion.

For Neutron Stampeder, I guess they somehow cause a lot of neutron emissions inside the nuclear bombs and nuclear engines thus causing the fission reaction going out of control. So I guess even the control rod won't be much help if there are constant neutron emissions. But then the way how the Neutron Stampeder works is still unknown...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote