AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2023-02-22, 19:37   Link #1
Nymene

Cool Afurika-jin, Kita wo Yuku

So I finally found a good novel to read with a Black Main Character ( with the heroines being White Russian girls ) so it scores huge points in my "diversity score" for webnovels

While it's not set in a fantasy world but a fictional story set in our own world of Earth, it still counts as a "Diverse Protagonist" JP novel in my books, so I'm posting it if anyone wants to read.

Original Title : アフリカ人、北を征(ゆ)く ( Afurika-jin, Kita wo Yuku ENG : An African goes to the North )
Author : 北浦寒山
Length : 38 Chapters

Webnovel : Kakuyomu : https://kakuyomu.jp/works/16817330647997997011

https://novelup.plus/story/205635033

Synopsis : A story about 2 Africans named "Denbaba" and "Ganga" from the the Mahi tribe in Africa being transported by the Dutch to Japan and then was bought by some Japanese lords where they will work as soldiers or guardsmen tasked to take on a mission to meet Hauseka, an Ainu tribe leader. On the way, they'll meet two Russian girls who joins them in their journey.

My note : While I prefer Isekai or High Fantasy stories where there can be magic and writers can let loose with Black characters from wealthy kingdoms inspired from Ethiopia or Mali Empire-like kingdoms and not have to be about stories of slavery only, this still counts as a diverse protagonist story for me even if set on our Earth, as it is not every day you can read a JP novel with Black MCs partnered with White heroines on an adventure.

And besides, even the Main Protagonist of the JRPGs, "Legrand Legacy" and "Tales of Arise" starts out as slaves, so there's nothing wrong for protagonists to start out as slaves as long as they can get freed on their journey in the story and become a hero.

So this story is good representation for people from diverse backgrounds who meet people of different ethnicities, races and skin colors in their daily lives, like me. This story also features minorities of Japan like the Ainu tribes, so you won't get any more diverse than this on an Earth setting.

Last edited by Nymene; 2023-02-22 at 22:19. Reason: more info needed
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, african tribe, black mc, russian girl, white heroine