AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-07-18, 12:40   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1054 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Hey guys, it's been a while! Oda's back from his vacation, and the next chapter is coming out red-hot (rather literally, as you'll find out momentarily). Though AP is still down, credit still goes to Redon and co. for the info:

"Chapter title is "Entei (Flame Emperor)". Splash is a color page featuring the new Yonkou/Four Emperors: Luffy, Shanks, Teach, and Buggy.

-As Ryokugyu advanced upon the Flower Capital, he gets stopped by the Red Scabbards, who are intent on protecting their saviors! Here, we discover that admiral Ryokugyu wields the powers of the Mori Mori (forest) no Mi, a plant type Logia! He also voices his disdain for the countries outside of the WG's control, saying they have no human rights. Therefore, he's willing to kill thousands of innocent people to get his hands on Straw-Hat! Yamato, having heard enough, bonks the admiral on the head! Even Momo, now in dragon form, gets involved! In fact, it seems he wants to take on the admiral solo....!!!

-Around the same time, at Wano's shores, a familiar face has made his appearance: SHANKS! His crew are excited to meet with Luffy again after all this time, and the emperor himself has a brief flashback of his days with the younger Luffy, as well as the day he obtained the Gomu Gomu no Mi. The red-haired one then announces that he has no intention of meeting with Luffy now, shocking his crew. Instead, he wants to handle some business back in his own turf: Seems Bartolomeo of the Straw-Hat Grand Fleet has been going around destroying Shanks' flags, and he can't just let that slide. He also says the time has come to finally enter the battle for the One Piece....!!!!

-Meanwhile, in the outside world, at the New World's marine HQ, we're introduced to a marine called Kurouma (Black Horse), whose real name is Tensei. He's in charge of the marine's investigation unit, and is currently looking into what happened during the Reverie. He tells Akainu that the Revolutionary Army needs to be stopped, but the fleet admiral says they don't have enough manpower to spare at the moment. It's here that we finally learn the explosive news that emerged from the Reverie: King Nefertari Cobra of Alabasta has been assassinated!!! The king's daughter, princess Viv, has disappeared, as well. Furthermore, the flag of the Celestial Dragons was set ablaze before the murder happened, which is an outright declaration of war! And if that weren't enough, former warlord Bartholomew Kuma has been liberated from the nobles' grasp! The alleged perpetrator of this string of incidents is none other than Sabo of the Revolutionary Army, who now carries the epithet of Flame Emperor! These deeds have made him arguably eclipse Monkey D. Dragon's level of infamy at this point. Apparently, he may have also attempted to murder St. Charloss, as well (aka the noble Luffy beat up in the Sabaody arc), and St. Mjosgard, the noble who supported the Fish-man Island petition, helped him escape. Adding in the news of the "Eight Nations Revolution" as well, and all this turmoil has served to ignite the flames of hope within people throughout the world. Though Akainu is frustrated by all this instability that occurred now that he's fleet admiral, he vows to stamp it all out in due time....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-07-21 at 13:09.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-18, 17:05   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So what the press is claiming happened at the Reverie is pretty much what everyone had already guessed: Sabo killing Cobra. Of course, that's obviously not the truth. Since the Navy is also investigating matters, they don't know the truth either.

Ryokugyu being a logia is a bit disappointing, I thought we had moved away from that with Fujitora.

Bartolomeo burned Shanks' flag in a cover story, so why he's after him is most likely related to that. He doesn't strike me as the type to give a damn about something like that, but we may find out soon that good old Shanks isn't as nice as he's always appeared to be.
Old 2022-07-18, 17:48   Link #3
MAX_COLA_POWER!

It surprises me how many marines are named after colored animals there are. You'd think the reason they have them in spares is because those who become admirals are so easily replaced, but seeing Kuzan, Sakazuki, Borsalino, Issho, and Aramaki, guess Logias and Gravitational Paramecias aren't all they're cracked up to be. Man I hope once the series ends Issho is part of a group of Marines free from any corruption and so on....I miss him , him and Kuzan, in spite of the latter seemingly having some form of interaction with Teach.
Old 2022-07-18, 18:16   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
It surprises me how many marines are named after colored animals there are. You'd think the reason they have them in spares is because those who become admirals are so easily replaced, but seeing Kuzan, Sakazuki, Borsalino, Issho, and Aramaki, guess Logias and Gravitational Paramecias aren't all they're cracked up to be. Man I hope once the series ends Issho is part of a group of Marines free from any corruption and so on....I miss him , him and Kuzan, in spite of the latter seemingly having some form of interaction with Teach.
Why would you think they're heavily replaced? They had to draft people from all over the world to find Fujitora and Ryokugyu, the current Vice Admirals sucked too much to even be considered.
Old 2022-07-18, 20:08   Link #5
MAX_COLA_POWER!

At first I thought that’s why there were so many, but yeah, with Issho and Aramaki taking the spots, the vice-admirals really weren’t up to snuff. Thanks for reminding me cause I’ve completely forgot about that.
Old 2022-07-18, 20:20   Link #6
marvelB

Speaking of marines with codenames, let's not forget our friends Chaton (Tokikake) and Momousagi (Gion). Though they were introduced through the SBS as a joke, both are now canonically VAs who were considered for the admiral position over the course of the skip. I'd say that makes them pretty tough customers, all things considered. I don't think either of them have a confirmed DF power, either. But going back to this Kurouma guy, I suppose he'll be modeled after an actor, as well? If so, I look forward to his design!

BTW, since the spoiler confirmed that Sabo rescued Kuma, I wonder if that means Jewelry Bonney had a hand in saving the former warlord, as well? It was strongly implied that she and Kuma were connected somehow, so it would be most odd if she weren't involved in this incident....
Old 2022-07-18, 20:26   Link #7
cyberdemon

About what I expected with Cobra. Wonder what happened to Vivi though. Was she taken captive? Did Sabo take her with him?
Old 2022-07-19, 06:54   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
About what I expected with Cobra. Wonder what happened to Vivi though. Was she taken captive? Did Sabo take her with him?
I think it's likely Sabo escaped with her. Whoever killed Cobra probably wanted to kill her as well, and it's also possible she was in fact the target and Cobra died protecting her. We know Im has an interest in her. Back then we thought it was because Pluton was in Alabasta, but now we know that was never the case.
Old 2022-07-19, 15:27   Link #9
Homura7

Either Ryokugyu is extremely powerful or extremely stupid, or both things.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 04:43   Link #10
Rainbowman

I like how many of these Marine characters have nicknames based on colored animals:

Blue Pheasant
Red Dog
Yellow Monkey
Brown Pig
Pink Rabbit
Purple/Wisteria Tiger
Green Bull
Black Horse

Sure wish we get someone nicknamed after an orange animal. Maybe that person that Sakazuki was speaking to. I like that Ryokugyu’s powers is forest based. Not liking that Nefertari Cobra got assassinated. Vivi must be traumatized by this turn of events.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 07:51   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This chapter sounds absolutely amazing. That's why I've wanted Wano to end for so long, the aftermath of the big battles are always packed with new information and development. That one matched post Enies Loby, where we found out about Luffy's lineage, the 4 Emperors, the New World; saw Shanks meeting with Whitebeard and Ace confront Blackbeard. It was a pretty crazy time.

True or not, the assassination of Cobra and the burning of the Celestial Dragon's flag has made Sabo one of the most popular person in the world. Not to mention he's managed to escape from two Admirals. He's truly become the face of the revolution. As we've seen previously, hate for the Celestial Dragons run deep, and while Cobra technically wasn't one, his family was among the founding members of the WG which means he was put in the same bag anyway.
There was an assassination attempt on Charlos too, too bad that one didn't work.

Shanks apparently sailed all the way to Wano only to go "yeah, I'm not meeting with Luffy" at the last minute. In case it wasn't obvious already, the flashback to the theft of the Gomu Gomu DF and his reaction to Luffy's bounty poster makes it clear he knew what the fruit truly was.

Ryokugyu is a massive dick. The most hateful admiral out of them all. Yamoto is the only one who managed to damage him, but Momonosuke told her to stay out of the fight. I'm not sure what he can even do, since he hasn't even mastered his DF let alone haki. But I guess the "stay out of the fight" was only meant for Yamato and not the Scabbard, so he should be fine.
Old 2022-07-20, 20:29   Link #12
cyberdemon

If Sabo is being called the Flame Emperor, you know he did something really good. Celestial Dragon kabobs?
Old 2022-07-21, 13:32   Link #13
marvelB

Sorry it took a while, but OP updated! My, Sabo's been up to quite a few shenanigans lately, hasn't he? I'm pretty sure he wasn't the one who killed Cobra, though. In fact, as crazy as it may sound, I sort of have the feeling that the one who offed Cobra may have been.... STELLY. I could especially see that happening if the WG offered him a sweet deal for the job, like letting him become a Celestial Dragon or something of that nature. We already know he's an ambitious little turd who may already have some experience in regicide, anyway (recall it was implied that he murdered the previous king of Goa to steal his throne). And not to mention that he eyed that "empty throne" that we later found out belongs to Imu. Yes, I could see Stelly being involved in such shady business, indeed....

Oh, and I see that Ryokugyu is a scumbag, for sure. He seems even worse than Akainu in some ways, since he seems to operate on pure disdain for those he considers "beneath" him (ie those outside the WG's sphere of influence). At least Sakazuki, as extreme as he is, follows the creed of "absolute justice" to justify his actions. Aramaki doesn't seem to even abide by such a code. Even though Momo and the Scabbards don't want Luffy to get involved, hopefully he does come along to teach this guy a lesson or two....
Old 2022-07-21, 21:15   Link #14
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

After understanding the chapter, it would seem the Marines would have factions sooner or later. The crack starts from Kuzan vs. Sakazuki on the FADM's succession following Sengoku's resignation. Though this means only Issho would support Luffy's endeavor if there were a case that Marines couldn't handle from the seat of Admirals. Furthermore, we have barely seen Borsalino's action lately.

In regards to Cobra's assassination, one of the facts we know is that he's already in a wheelchair. Pell, Mr.8 (aka Igaram), and those who act as his guard may either not see it coming, or someone is backing the perpetrator to assassinate Cobra. Stelly could be one of the culprits, but I could also sense Rob Lucci or Kaku did the job as well. However, I can't rule out the possibility of Gorosei themselves assassinating Cobra, considering Im could order them likewise.

Sabo being called a Flame Emperor is sure interesting. Is it like Kaen Ten'no or something in Japanese for Flame Emperor? Whatever the case is that Sabo could rally Luffy's friends to aid him. Don't forget that we have Shirahoshi, Vivi, Rebecca, and Violet that join the Reverie.

Do I recall that the burning of Celestial Dragon's flag is similar to when Usopp burns the WG flag at Enies Lobby?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 21:52   Link #15
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

So this is the prelude of Final Arc
We got 4 Yonko that aimed for One Piece, Sabo emerged as the beacon of revolutionary, and Marine will be more serious and ruthless.
Even Celestial Dragon could not sit comfortably anymore

I hope Vivi stayed safe.. King Cobra is also probably still alive somewhere
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 00:08   Link #16
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
After understanding the chapter, it would seem the Marines would have factions sooner or later. The crack starts from Kuzan vs. Sakazuki on the FADM's succession following Sengoku's resignation. Though this means only Issho would support Luffy's endeavor if there were a case that Marines couldn't handle from the seat of Admirals. Furthermore, we have barely seen Borsalino's action lately.

In regards to Cobra's assassination, one of the facts we know is that he's already in a wheelchair. Pell, Mr.8 (aka Igaram), and those who act as his guard may either not see it coming, or someone is backing the perpetrator to assassinate Cobra. Stelly could be one of the culprits, but I could also sense Rob Lucci or Kaku did the job as well. However, I can't rule out the possibility of Gorosei themselves assassinating Cobra, considering Im could order them likewise.

Sabo being called a Flame Emperor is sure interesting. Is it like Kaen Ten'no or something in Japanese for Flame Emperor? Whatever the case is that Sabo could rally Luffy's friends to aid him. Don't forget that we have Shirahoshi, Vivi, Rebecca, and Violet that join the Reverie.

Do I recall that the burning of Celestial Dragon's flag is similar to when Usopp burns the WG flag at Enies Lobby?
It’s Entei. It’s a reference to Ace’s final attack that he used against Teach.
Old 2022-07-22, 06:56   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really hope Vivi is with Sabo so we won't get a Vivi rescue arc.
Old 2022-07-22, 12:24   Link #18
itachi-san314

Pretty awesome chapter after the wait. I wonder if the RA will meet with Vegapunk to try to get a copy of Kuma's old self re-installed
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 12:43   Link #19
mickbis

Ryokugyu is too overestimated his ability, he could trash injured King and Queen yes... but 3 pirate captain who just defeat emperor along with their full crew and elite Samurai?
His action also provoked Wano as a country too, so the end result is more enemy for the World Government.
It definitely ends up in major embarrassment and contribute to the raising of Luffy the Emperor

Fujitora incident is one thing, but damage from Ryokugyu could end up massive and Akainu is bound to rage volcano.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 20:34   Link #20
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, the new Admiral is not nice like Fujitora or Aokiji, Shanks was close to Wano (perhaps he knows that PLUTON is in Wano) and it seems that he will join the fight for the One Piece and Sabo became very famous, surely that he is with Vivi (and I think it is possible that Cobra is alive), I would have liked them to talk about why Buggy became a Yonkou, but that's fine, to wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote