Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-18, 20:53   Link #1
hi no ken Jebus

Manga: Ch 326 Discussion[Spoiler]

Quote:
-Sanji's out shopping for food supplies and having little fantasies about Nami and Robin. Eventually, however, he gets lost (and is worried that he might be becoming more like Zoro). However, he runs in to Robin, who's following that "CP9" person from last chapter. He calls out to her, but she doesn't respond. By the time he's caught up to her, she's gone, and he wonders if they flew off in to the sky. He then looks up and sees Kaku doing just that, and mistakes him for Usopp. He decides the town is crazy, but then things that maybe HE'S the one who's odd.

-Kaku arrives at the Going Merry and is inspecting the ship, and wakes Zoro up, but at first Zoro just thinks he's Usopp, however, when he realizes that Kaku's someone different, he demands Kaku identify himself.

-Back in the city, Luffy and the others are still surprised by Kaku, and Iceberg tells them not to underestimate his men, as compared to the sort of work they do, this sort of thing is really nothing. He asks his assistant, Calipha, about who Luffy and his people are, and she identifies them accurately, mentioning that between Luffy, Zoro, and Robin's bounties, they're worth 239 million berries. Iceberg then identifies himself to them as the "Boss" of Water 7, and identifies his mouse as Tyranosaurus. He then says that they'll get everything prepared, but Calipha steps in and says that she's already arranged his schedule for the day. After she reads it, however, Iceberg strongly declines doing any of it, so she cancels all his plans. Iceberg boasts about being powerful enough to do such things, and Luffy comments that he's kind of selfish, and asks if he's the guy old lady Kokoro referred them to, and Nami tells him that he is. All of a sudden, they're attacked by Calipha, who calls them rude for talking about the world's greatest engineer like that right in front of him. She then apologizes for unintentionally surprising them, but asks them not to be rude to Mr. Iceberg. Her official identification is "Iceberg's beautiful secretary, Calipha". Iceberg warns them not to anger her, as she tends to make no distinction in who she attacks, and he notice that she hit Iceberg as well while attacking Luffy. Iceberg takes a look at their letter of recommendation, and immediately tears it up. Nami and Luffy beg Iceberg to fix their ship, and he says he will, which drives Usopp mad, and Iceberg says that he just didn't like the kiss mark Kokoro put on the letter. He says, however, that as soon as Kaku comes back with an appraisal, they'll get to work, then comments on how boring his day's been. Usopp replies that it's because he cancelled all his work for the day.

-As Usopp looks back at the money, he sees the Frankie Family robbing them blind. He tries to stop them, and Iceberg seems surprised to see the Frankies. However, they're too late to stop them, and the Frankies ride off with the money. Elsewhere, Pauley (the Garella who looks like Smoker) is running from a bunch of guys, who are demanding their money. Pauley notices the some people riding Yagara bulls below him under a bridge, and jumps down to avoid the debt collectors. He pulls a couple ropes out of seemingly nowhere, and tosses the Frankies away, "borrowing" their bulls. He wishes the debt collectors well, then rides over to where Iceberg and Luffy's group are. Usopp is relieved, since Pauley works for Iceberg, and tells him to return their money. Upon noticing the massive amount of cash at his feet, Pauley rides off.

BY Captain Panda
better and more accurate summary for Chap 326

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2004-06-20 at 09:50. Reason: clarification and more accurate
Old 2004-06-18, 21:02   Link #2
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Wow, that summary was appreciated! That proves something to every annoying person saying that Kaku is the new memeber automatically because it ended the chapter with him (now a couple people could be the new member, hell, they haven't even introduced everyone yet). I liked the summary you gave, before anyone else, thumbs up . Can't wait to see Paulie in action, keep up the summaries!
Old 2004-06-18, 21:14   Link #3
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

hmm Pauli, now i doubt if its Kaku, Paulie of Lue damn!

edit: Btw the bandits are the guys who Zoro beat.
Old 2004-06-18, 21:24   Link #4
Jn183

WOOHooo...Kaku chance of being a Strawhat is 53% now.(Last week 87%).Paulie chance of being a Strawhat is back to 69%(Last week .0000231%) But darn...I'm still hoping and thinking that the 8th might not be introduced yet. Thx for the wicked summary.. Jebus-san
Old 2004-06-18, 23:10   Link #5
LeafNinja

I'm still rooting for Lue and his parrot!
Old 2004-06-19, 11:57   Link #6
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Nah, we need a dirty old man to be the shipright.
Old 2004-06-19, 13:21   Link #7
Jn183

Ok..forgot this....I'm rooting for the frog....he will suddenly fall from the sky and one of the shipwright say the frog is one of the best shipwright there is. Luffy say Holy Shit and the frog is the 8th. Yep...that is going to happen. That would be wicked/surprising..building up all these event with Kaku and lue and turn out both are just some character in Oda's mind.
Old 2004-06-19, 13:22   Link #8
soraryu

The mayor's secretary seems pretty strong.

As for Paulie, he looks like as if he's going to steal the 200 million.

The story from here onwards looks as if there's going to be some intertwining plot that's going to link robin and the "masked woman", paulie, the frankie group and the straw hat crew.
Old 2004-06-19, 14:28   Link #9
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
am i the only one who thinks that iceberg resembles bunshichi from tenjo tenje
Old 2004-06-19, 16:02   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hmm, a frog as a shipright? Well, wouldn't that be interesting. I'd be interested to see what kind of fighting skills he's got. So let's do a tally so far.

Luffy - Captain - Rubber man
Nami - Navigator - Whicked with that stick
Ussop - Liar - Nasty with a slingshot
Chopper - medic - shapeshifter
Zoro - fighter? - Swords
Sanji - cook - Whicked with the feet
Robin - fighter? - She's very "handy" (nyuck, nyuck...uh, ok, I'll stop, )

Hmm, now I wonder if the frog would be a devils fruit user. That'd be interesting to have 4 people on the ship, all with devils fruit powers. Man, if the ship sunk you'd loose half your crew instantly. Sheesh. Well anywho, if he was, can you imagine his fighting skills with his tongue? hehe. I can just see him having an attack that could cut a ship in half or something.
Old 2004-06-19, 16:48   Link #11
Jn183

Well, he think he is strong enough to take on that stream Train. Must be pretty strong when it comes to strength alone. I don't think he is a devil fruit since he was in the water when trying to stop train. It would be funny...a frog drown...LOL
Old 2004-06-19, 19:08   Link #12
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn183
WOOHooo...Kaku chance of being a Strawhat is 53% now.(Last week 87%).Paulie chance of being a Strawhat is back to 69%(Last week .0000231%) But darn...I'm still hoping and thinking that the 8th might not be introduced yet. Thx for the wicked summary.. Jebus-san
WO-HO!
Yeah
Paulie is cool!

And me too, I'm thinking that the 8th crew member hasn't been introduced yet But I don't think it will be Paulie, or Lue. From all people introduced so far, Kaku is the best choice, in my opinion.
LOL Iceberg is such a dumbass. And I want to know the deal with Robin and the masked people... Can't wait for 327
Old 2004-06-19, 21:12   Link #13
Ral
Idea!

Nice chapter. So far, I like Kaku better than Pauley. I like Kaku's speed better than Pauley's ropes. Also, Iceberg's mouse has to be the coolest by having the name Tyranosaurus. I'd like to know what will happen between Kaku and Zoro, also what happened to Chopper?
Old 2004-06-20, 09:18   Link #14
hi no ken Jebus

Manga: Ch 326 Discussion[Spoiler]

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
am i the only one who thinks that iceberg resembles bunshichi from tenjo tenje
i was thinking the same thing but i wasnt sure anyone would know who i was referring to. and he really does resemble bunishichi alot too.

Well as for the 8th member im with those who say he hasnt been introduced yet from the looks of it since the Garellas are with the world government and not pirate friendly this could be building up for a showdown between them and the straw hats and someone else coming into play and she/he would be the 8th at least that's how i see it. i mean paulie and kaku seem cool and all but they need some super devil fruit powers at least one elemental and ill be happy . The frog might be a bit a of stretch for the 8th (we already have chopper why add a frog) but im sure he making a comeback into the story considering he is trying to beat the train.

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2004-06-20 at 09:57.
Old 2004-06-20, 12:51   Link #15
aahhsin

I'm probably the only one that doesn't want the straw hat crew to have a element devil fruit power. Makes em too strong. I like it how they use the weaker devil fruits and beat the "strongest" type
Old 2004-06-20, 18:31   Link #16
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, but having someone who can do some major *** whipping would be cool for a change too. Espcially since Nami is totally outclassed and so is Ussop and Chopper which really only leaves Luffy, Sanji, Zoro and Robin. 3 can't fight, 4 can. Hmm. I think if we had a 4 can and 4 can't, and one of them was super strong, then when they match up against the stronger fighters the fights would be even more interesting. hehe. I can just see having an elemental fighter and go against a baddie like crocodile.

Luffy - "Uh, sanji, what happened to the city."
Sanji - "Old mr. stormy pants over here decided to go overboard and level everything."
SHP#8 - "Gomen. Gomen. I kinda got carried away."
All - "baka baka baka!"
Old 2004-06-20, 19:17   Link #17
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Yeah, but having someone who can do some major *** whipping would be cool for a change too. Espcially since Nami is totally outclassed and so is Ussop and Chopper which really only leaves Luffy, Sanji, Zoro and Robin. 3 can't fight, 4 can. Hmm. I think if we had a 4 can and 4 can't, and one of them was super strong, then when they match up against the stronger fighters the fights would be even more interesting. hehe. I can just see having an elemental fighter and go against a baddie like crocodile.

Luffy - "Uh, sanji, what happened to the city."
Sanji - "Old mr. stormy pants over here decided to go overboard and level everything."
SHP#8 - "Gomen. Gomen. I kinda got carried away."
All - "baka baka baka!"
See that's the problem. He'll be too strong. Luffy is supposed to be the strongest out of the crew members. If someone like Ace joins, Luffy would be outclassed and lose his credibility to be captain. Not saying Ace should join, but look at the powers, they'll just blow everything away.
Old 2004-06-20, 23:05   Link #18
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
See that's the problem. He'll be too strong. Luffy is supposed to be the strongest out of the crew members. If someone like Ace joins, Luffy would be outclassed and lose his credibility to be captain. Not saying Ace should join, but look at the powers, they'll just blow everything away.
Ok I agree with you, no one in a pirate crew should be stronger than the captain. But, they need someone powerful, through skill and MOSTLY luck, they've been able to defeat their enemies. I say mostly luck because they win through luck most the time... Luffy was Enerus only natural enemy, a mirror got stuck in Luffys hair, etc. Even considering luck, they're getting deeper and deeper into the Grand Line. Their luck won't hold up for much longer, and even so, you just can't do some things without a powerful pirate crew. The more powerful pirates in the crew, the better, just don't make them stronger than the captain.
Old 2004-06-21, 08:11   Link #19
Sir Llamadon
The Alpha And Omega...

Send a message via MSN to Sir Llamadon
Talking Fun Fun

In fact, I think that Paulie will almost definitly be the new crew member... Its all so simple, he joins for financial reasons and because Luffy goes after him to get his money back.

Also, about the actual manga itself, I love Mr.Iceberg, he is such a funny character, its like he has Terets or something. And he acts like a child too. The Gareera company seems to be full of crazy characters.

Finally, what about when Robin dissapeared? I think that will have somthing major to do with the next enemy they fight. Ya know, because there is a lot of plot advancement toward fixing the ship, but not toward the next enemy.
Old 2004-06-21, 12:19   Link #20
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Llamadon
In fact, I think that Paulie will almost definitly be the new crew member... Its all so simple, he joins for financial reasons and because Luffy goes after him to get his money back.

Also, about the actual manga itself, I love Mr.Iceberg, he is such a funny character, its like he has Terets or something. And he acts like a child too. The Gareera company seems to be full of crazy characters.

Finally, what about when Robin dissapeared? I think that will have somthing major to do with the next enemy they fight. Ya know, because there is a lot of plot advancement toward fixing the ship, but not toward the next enemy.
Your sig is too big.