Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-03-20, 22:31   Link #1
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Jubunnoichi no Hanayome

Quote:
Ryuunosuke is the heir to his father’s wealthy business that, due to a trauma, become a shut in.

One day, his father took him back in order to prepare him to inherit the business. Ryuunosuke finds out that he is required to date 10 women candidates whom one of them will become his wife.

Every woman has their own personal reason to be a candidate but one person will be dismissed after every week. Who will be the chosen one at the end?
Basically a rip off of 5-toubun no Hanayome. It's most probably going to be trash, but I need to get 5toubun off my mind. I can't have too much Touch without being a bawling wreck, so I figured, why not try this?

Off the bat, I'm not even sure if it's even trying to write a good story; it's fits so much plot elements of 5toubun the pilot chapter! I can already sense that this author is writing a derivative work just for the sake of writing a derivative work, which makes ANY foreshadowing clues to be dubious. On top of that the gratuitous ecchi makes this more in line with 'true harem' stories like To Love Ru/High School DxD, where the focus is more on ALL the girls falling in love with the MC and getting him into less-than-appropriate situations, rather than a 'fake harem' where the focus is on the story of the MC falling in love with ONE of the group of girls.

So yeah, one thing I'm grateful though is that the dad gave an ultimatum that the MC needs to choose ONE for his bride, so at the very least we can play "who is going to be the bride" mystery DESPITE its 'true harem' tones. I know it's very much premature to make predictions, but hey, why not? We all gonna be wrong anyway, and it's nice to look back to see where we went wrong.

--------------------------------

First lets assume that this author is worth his salt and he's actually trying to foreshadow key points in his story. So let's go ahead and try to dissect how to figure out the most influential character in the MC's life, the MC's middle school bully, Furukawa Natsuki (who NONE of the candidates look like - did she do plastic surgery?)

If Natsuki is one of the 10 brides, then her running for his bride must be beacuse Furukawa is apologetic for her transgressions and wants to redeem herself (I can see no other reason why Natsuki would want to the bride for the MC). From here there are two possiblities... Furukawa is a master at hiding her apologetic self, or she isn't and actually lets some emotion through.

If it's the former, it can be anybody, so that's a crapshoot. But if we assume she can't hide her emotions very well, then judging solely by their first meeting reactions (admittedly a BAD way to base but this is the pilot chapter - there aren't a lot of clues! XD), I would rate them like this:

3) Shizune - only barely meeting eye contact
2) Ruri - hiding behind bangs plus blushing profusely
1) Konomi - awkward smile with big blush, and most importantly, MAIN GIRL power

But wait, we are only assuming that what the maid said was true! And something about the smile looks awfully nefarious, to the point that even one of the bride candidates told her to stop bullying the MC. Plus, what is the purpose of telling him one of the bride candidates was the one who broke his mental state, other than being a nasty cunt? Hmm that is AWFULLY similar to someone in the past, whose bullying words combined with a nasty smile made the MC go into being a hikkikomori...

Yeah, my #1 most likely suspect for Furukawa Natsuki is actually the goddamn maid. Maybe I'm just overly paranoid with maid characters, but it fits very well as the 'main rival' character to the 'main heroine' that is very likely to be Konomi. All assuming this won't go full harem of course, which it may very well devolve into.

Additional predictions (alll pretty much speculation BTW) is that while Hime may be the first one going after the MC's dick (literally), Ruri is the closest (with Shizune not far behind) to being the Toujou Aya/Onodera Kosaki expy that I expect her to have the first big heroine focused arc. It's going to be a tossup between her and Hime for the biggest popularity though, but I expect the 'beginning arc' girl or two to pull out in terms of followers.

From there? Who knows; it's only the pilot chapter after all.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 23:06   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Prediction of the losers :

1. Busty oneesan
2. Twintail
3. Tan
4. Blue hairs
5. Megane
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 02:48   Link #3
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
From there? Who knows; it's only the pilot chapter after all.
Yeah, it definitely a rip off
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 14:01   Link #4
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

This seems like it may be a trainwreck of a romcom, but I'll continue reading for now. Once things don't get too trashy, I'll be able to stick with it. First chapter doesn't give me much hope tho.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 15:19   Link #5
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Prediction of the losers
Let me make it easier for you. First row center bar everyone else is loser.

Will see followers' reactions few chapters in before I even consider starting it. The premise is just like the other trashy manga that got mentioned in 5-toubun thread so if I eventually decide to read it, I will start with a 3/10 mindset despite of how followers react at best (currently it's exactly 1/10 from me. Fitting for the title, lol).
Old 2019-03-21, 15:26   Link #6
darkofficer
just a devil

yeah the lower mid one that hold the flower somehows scream MAIN GIRL to me

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-22, 07:52   Link #7
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If we going by pictures, there's also the teaser pic:

That looks like Hime, Rin, and Konomi, or two out of the three girls in the front row of the cover page. Which is sad, because Urara had the best impression for me, being the only one who spoke out against Maid-san's machinations.

So if we take out Hime because she's not in the front row, and Urara because she's not in the teaser, then that looks like Tsun/Kuu-dere Rin vs Main Heroine Konomi as a final showdown if it comes to that? Heck, who are we kidding, it's probably going to be harem end. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-05, 06:26   Link #8
darkofficer
just a devil

This looks like it will be a "harem"

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-18, 19:48   Link #9
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
So there is a thread for this nice.

Anyway, for the latest chapter. One of the girls is having fun behind Ryuunosuke’s back. With whom? Well, see for yourself.
Old 2020-06-18, 21:37   Link #10
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Haha, what a bitch~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-19, 08:48   Link #11
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I find it more interesting is that the fact...
Spoiler:

I have an idea who it might be, but poor guy. Can’t there be at least one trustworthy girl in his life for once.
Old 2020-06-20, 12:56   Link #12
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

For anyone that’s interested. Two new chapters got released. I wonder who Ryuunosuke will eliminate.
Old 2020-06-26, 15:19   Link #13
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

For those who care a new chapter is out.

First girl was eliminated, so 9/10 girls left in the competition. Now it’s the double elimination round. Who’ll be the next ones eliminated? How will each girl step up their sluttinest game? Let’s place our bets shall we.
Old 2020-06-26, 15:33   Link #14
SirCopert

In my opinion the friend is the maid
SirCopert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-26, 15:38   Link #15
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I would like to think that, but it begs the question - Why didn’t see leave hints or give the main dude notice that she’s involved in his life all of those years. Plus, I think the maid has served the family for years before he was betrayed. It’s a possibility but I’m not that convinced at this time.
Old 2020-06-26, 17:54   Link #16
Shadow5YA

It's not like there are many options. Many of them already showed ulterior motives that show they had no prior relation to Ryuunosuke and are only there for the money. For the audience, they might as well just be there for the sex appeal.

For example Natsuki said she was an only child (her mother was all she had left), so the Takanashi sisters should have been instantly eliminated. I'm not sure why he is keeping Ayane there for so long, other than maybe because of her spunky personality being similar to Natsuki.
Both Chizuru and Reika confessed that they had no prior engagement with Ryuunosuke and are along for the ride anyway.
Ruri was already exposed to be a liar trying to snatch the inheritance early on.
Urara isn't even remotely close in appearance due to her skin color

Just like that, more than half of the six should be eliminated from possibly being Natsuki.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-26, 18:42   Link #17
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Another case where maid is the best and she's not winning?
Old 2020-06-26, 19:22   Link #18
SirCopert

Probably yes, as long as she isn't the friend
Old 2020-07-03, 19:29   Link #19
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Okay guys a new chapter is out.

The teams have been formed and Ryuu takes one girl out of the group on a date. As for who? Go and read for yourself.
Old 2020-07-03, 20:17   Link #20
SirCopert

Another cliffhanger...

Tags
betrayal, ecchi, harem, romance