Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-08-08, 16:25   Link #1
Sizaki

Everyone Else is a Returnee (나 빼고 다 귀환자) Korean Novel

Spoiler for bigger cover version:

Original title: 나 빼고 다 귀환자
Author: Jeon see na - 토이카
Status: 349 Chapters (Complete) + 4 extra chapters (Complete)
Raw: http://novel.munpia.com/63541

Description:
Quote:
Left out during elementary school picnic.
Left out during middle school camp.
Left out during high school trip.

I finally became a college student and what? I’m left out from the entire humanity?

Yu IlHan who protects the earth alone while everybody’s away in other worlds.
His legend starts after humanity comes back and meets the Great Cataclysm!
Translation site: https://kobatochan.com/korean-novels...is-a-returnee/

NU: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/e...is-a-returnee/

Spoiler for FAQ:

Spoiler for Small summary:

Last edited by Sizaki; 2017-04-03 at 09:30.
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 20:12   Link #2
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Gave it a look and it looks interesting. The MC is OP but it's the result of hard work for a millennium - or at least 5 centuries -so I can accept that.

I'm just surprised that the 2of them -Ilhan and Rita - didn't do the horizontal tango.
Old 2016-08-08, 21:04   Link #3
SamVision

Novel Updates labels this with "harem".
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 21:56   Link #4
Yoburi

I wonder if this novel is like that will smith movie I am legend or something like that.

Well i give a try later.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 01:20   Link #5
Sizaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamVision View Post
Novel Updates labels this with "harem".
NU doesn't necessarily know the answer to the harem tag, as the novel is quite new which makes it too soon to make any assumptions. And NU users can easily make it have a lolicon tag when it's not true.
Old 2016-08-09, 18:04   Link #6
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
I wonder if this novel is like that will smith movie I am legend or something like that.

Well i give a try later.
I Am Legend was originally a book. The ending of the Movie was purposefully changed because the ending's depressing (and thus those it was test-viewed on didn't like it), but that ended up ruining the purpose/climax of the story. I will not explain that here in case you actually want to read the book (or watch the directors cut of the movie, since I've heard the books ending was on that).

This story, however, is completely different. You get a bit where he's practically alone in the world for an extended period, and then Humanity returns. When Humanity Returns, the real story begins.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 19:36   Link #7
SereneSolace

Doesn't look like this will be a harem. After all, the MC is "impotent" lol.
SereneSolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 01:33   Link #8
obnuchious

since everyone else was 'taken away' to be trained, leaving him all alone on the planet .. doesn't this seem like mirror story of Reincarnator?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 04:07   Link #9
Darius Drake

I haven't read Reincarnator, so please take what I say with a grain of salt, and knowledge that my opinion in regards to Reincarnator is based purely on the Novel Updates Blurb.

Spoiler for My interpretation of things that has been translated:

Another way to put it is, when the plot given at the beginning of Reincarnator finishes, it seems like the story will be nearly over as there's nothing else to move onto. When the plot given at the beginning of this story finishes (excusing the title "plot", because that's less of a plot and more along the lines of giving us world building and a basic introduction to the main character), we could just be starting the story's Act 2.

Also, I put the spoiler in because, while I am interpreting this story based on what's been translated, this thread is neither old enough, nor long enough, for me to consider that even half the people reading my post has read the translations, and I am outright stating my interpretations of the translated story so far.

Spoiler for On the MC being Quote, Unquote "Impotent":
Old 2016-08-10, 11:40   Link #10
Sizaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
Spoiler for On the MC being Quote, Unquote "Impotent":
Spoiler for About the MC:
Old 2016-08-10, 16:59   Link #11
cadu_

I dont quite understand? Why is he impotent?
Old 2016-08-10, 18:09   Link #12
SereneSolace

It is mainly a joke. He spent the entire time stop with an angel that was basically the most beautiful women in the world. Hence, when he looked at the woman on the streets or the woman across the screen, even a beauty on the level of crushing countries was not enough to move him. Over the long years of being accompanied by a heavenly beauty, his standard became too high.

Hence, he is "impotent."
SereneSolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 18:23   Link #13
Darius Drake

His standard might be higher than reasonable, but it is theoretically possible to reach by some humans.

Spoiler for Empress Appearance discussion:
Old 2016-08-10, 19:15   Link #14
cadu_

No romance with the angel?
Old 2016-08-10, 20:33   Link #15
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
No romance with the angel?
Which one? If it's Rita them there are hints on his side but blatantly obvious from her side. Te second one not so sure.
Old 2016-08-13, 02:01   Link #16
bludvein

This was surprisingly good, but I think it would work better if the status wasn't so game-like. It makes his training seem too cheap. Still looking forward to whatever class he gets though.

Last edited by bludvein; 2016-08-13 at 02:14.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 06:55   Link #17
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
This was surprisingly good, but I think it would work better if the status wasn't so game-like. It makes his training seem too cheap. Still looking forward to whatever class he gets though.
His class is both hilarious and frightening, especially considering who he is.

Methink he's going go get a Gae Bolg like skill later - if strike from concealment, you are already dead, the spear thrust is a formality
Old 2016-08-13, 21:10   Link #18
bludvein

Does anyone know where to find a more convenient reading format for this? I would like to read the free preview with my GT but each chapter is broken into at least a dozen images. Having to OCR it a couple paragraphs at a time will take hours.
Old 2016-08-13, 21:59   Link #19
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Honestly, I'm a little worried about his "advantage" being too powerful. We look at his "initial" stats, knowing how much of a broken character he should be, and see that he's got under 100 points in his highest stats, with 81 being his highest and the other two high ones being 70 to 80. However, despite this, he's getting 5 stats per level, and there's only 4 types of stats. This means that, due to his cheat, he'll more than double his starting, supposedly absolutely broken, stat points by the time he reaches level 47. Yes, many of those points will go into Magic, a stat that isn't on his main stats, but still, he's supposed to be nearly x1.5 his starting, again, broken, stats at what's been translated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
His class is both hilarious and frightening, especially considering who he is.

Methink he's going go get a Gae Bolg like skill later - if strike from concealment, you are already dead, the spear thrust is a formality
I don't like that, it's both too overpowered, and means that he can only be challenged by a group of enemies. I, personally, see him actually either receiving a versatile skill, a group of skills, or a utility skill that is broken, but not directly related to combat.

My idea of a versatile skill: Magic Spear. Either empowers or creates a solid spear with elemental magic. In other words, allows him to elementally enchant his spear, or allows him to wield a spear of fire, lightening or other elemental energies.

My first idea of a broken utility skill: Create Material. Allows him to summon a variety of raw materials. May be limited in some fashion, like only able to summon Ores or Animal Parts, but beyond having used the material after receiving the skill, is unrestrained. If the Ore limitation is applied, then he can create any Magical Material he handles in the future, but would currently be limited to what he has utilized in the past. Alternatively, with the Animal Parts restriction it would be possible for him to potentially gain the ability to produce vast quantities of materials from the Bear Skin and Bones.

Alternative Broken Utility Skill: Create Mana Core. This skill allows him to create as many raw Mana Cores as he wants, so that he can make more Artifacts. As it's his own mana creating these cores, too, it's possible for him to eat them for a temporary power up.
Old 2016-08-13, 22:31   Link #20
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
Honestly, I'm a little worried about his "advantage" being too powerful. We look at his "initial" stats, knowing how much of a broken character he should be, and see that he's got under 100 points in his highest stats, with 81 being his highest and the other two high ones being 70 to 80. However, despite this, he's getting 5 stats per level, and there's only 4 types of stats. This means that, due to his cheat, he'll more than double his starting, supposedly absolutely broken, stat points by the time he reaches level 47. Yes, many of those points will go into Magic, a stat that isn't on his main stats, but still, he's supposed to be nearly x1.5 his starting, again, broken, stats at what's been translated.

I don't like that, it's both too overpowered, and means that he can only be challenged by a group of enemies. I, personally, see him actually either receiving a versatile skill, a group of skills, or a utility skill that is broken, but not directly related to combat.

My idea of a versatile skill: Magic Spear. Either empowers or creates a solid spear with elemental magic. In other words, allows him to elementally enchant his spear, or allows him to wield a spear of fire, lightening or other elemental energies.

My first idea of a broken utility skill: Create Material. Allows him to summon a variety of raw materials. May be limited in some fashion, like only able to summon Ores or Animal Parts, but beyond having used the material after receiving the skill, is unrestrained. If the Ore limitation is applied, then he can create any Magical Material he handles in the future, but would currently be limited to what he has utilized in the past. Alternatively, with the Animal Parts restriction it would be possible for him to potentially gain the ability to produce vast quantities of materials from the Bear Skin and Bones.

Alternative Broken Utility Skill: Create Mana Core. This skill allows him to create as many raw Mana Cores as he wants, so that he can make more Artifacts. As it's his own mana creating these cores, too, it's possible for him to eat them for a temporary power up.
His advantage is high, but we don't really know what the standard is with body strengthening magic so it's hard to say where his stats really stand. It's more the techniques that are the cheat than his body.

I think rather than a fancy utility skill he'd be better off with something simpler. Something like Fighting Spirit(body all round up), that magic spear skill you thought up, or an instant movement skill. There's no reason to produce materials when he's really only outfitting himself and gets plenty of material while just leveling up. It'd be a waste of his dismantling skill if he could just produce material on demand.

Tags
failed transfer, game elements, romance, weak become strong