AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

View Poll Results: Heavy Object - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 12.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 62.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-04-03, 14:31   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Heavy Object - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Heavy Object ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2016-04-04, 00:48   Link #2
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

While it had a bit of a weak start trying to find it's groove, I thought Heavy Object steadily improved throughout the season. I love the concept of a mecha series without the usual pilot MC with a 'special' machine from the start. Love all the characters but the main duo of Qwenthur and Haivia really is the best buddy pairing (without shipping implications) in Anime. From an adaptation point of view it really went a lot better than I would feared- mainly it didn't suffered from the rushed pacing that plagued alot of JC Staff's LN adaptations and personally I thought the compromise that they did end up making were reasonable. The added fanservice in the first half was hit and miss but I think someone must have told them to cut it out because they were almost absent in the second half, or at least not as prevalent.

It's a long shot to get a second season, but at least it got a good adaptation. There were some LN series whose fans got royally screwed from having a crappy adaptation (cough35cough). All in all I'm satisfied.

Unique concepts is what I also look for when I watch Anime, something that inspire creativity. I would imagine most people would rate this series around the B ranking, but for me honestly- The unique concepts, the likable characters, the crazy action, the solid adaptation pacing, all of these clicks with me and elevate it to an A rank in my books.
Old 2016-04-05, 07:16   Link #3
LazyHunter

Repeating my overall impresion from the episode 24 thread:

I liked the adaptation. It had good pacing, most of the stuff they cut was understandable and reasonable and they even made some small changes that improved the show, like giving Heivia more things to do, adding more scenes with Milinda and Frolaytia. Original finale wasn't Nagai Space levels of bad, and barring some stupid moments on episode 23 it was fun. I just wished they hadn't included all the stupid original fanservice in the first 12 episodes. In the end I'm glad that I got to see Quenser and Heivia taking out Objects in anime form without completely ruining the series like some other LN adaptations do.

7.5-8/10, would have been a solid 8 if not for JCStaff's insistence of adding more fanservice to a series that already has enough.
Old 2016-06-29, 22:40   Link #4
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It was a solid good series whose only flaw, if you can call that, was being announced in the worst moment possible which made the series suffer from potential fans and buyers indifference.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2019-04-08 at 10:00.
Closed Thread