Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-19, 11:29   Link #1
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
熱風海陸 (Netsukazekairiku?) Bushilord--A Gainax Production

It was the year 2026

Vernu, a small planet breaching the Earth's orbit shattered into countless pieces, causing an unprecedented meteor shower the Earth had never seen.

The sky scorched, the sea parted, and engulfed in flames were the cities of Mankind--half of whose population perished.

The rising dust, gravel, and the remnants of the shattered small planet encases the Earth, robbing from it the grace of sunlight, the world had returned to an Ice Age.

In this despairing predicament, Mankind, who had just narrowly avoided the fate of extinction, still sought conflict and living space amongst themselves, repeating a lesson unlearned. Mankind no longer has a future.

These are the days of perpetual conflicts repeating themselves, without love, without hope.

Today is no different than yesterday. Tomorrow will just be the same as today--as it will be forever in the next.
It's a world that has forgotten to change.

Day in day out in this cruel and warring world, blood is washed with more blood.

Love and hope, along with ambitions are buried daily in an endless cycle.

However, there is a place called the continent shelf (大陸棚 ).

It is a new land born from the drying sea. Here, by chance on this new ground known as the Sealand (海陸 ),
that guy and I
that person and I
met, and the frozen drudgery of day-to-day life begins moving once again with the burning fire of a new Era...

"Searing Wind Sealand Bushilord"--Now, let this slumbering world hear the roars of those awakened!!
Taken and translated(by me) from the Official Bushilord Website at:
http://www.bushilord.com/

This upcoming series is a collaboration of Gainax, Broccoli and Takara. No release/air date has been annouced.

What caught my attention to this production was not so much the Gainax name, but the fact that this production held a much publicized open audition, where relatively unknown anime-seiyuus went through a rigorous audition process. At the end of the auditions, two Seiyuus with next to no Anime voice experience,
Ito Hayato and Miki are cast as roles anticipated to be substantial.

This series will feature a Jidai/Bushi/Samurai story set in the near-future. It is no secret that many of the characters are modeled after Japanese historical figures.

This is just a small fraction of the information out there regarding Bushilord, I'll try to translate and post more when I can.
Old 2004-05-19, 11:40   Link #2
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hmm. A battle and doom of mankind anime? Hmm, sounds interesting.
Old 2004-05-19, 13:17   Link #3
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
This upcoming series is a collaboration of Gainax, Broccoli and Takara. No release/air date has been annouced.
"Bushilord" is also being watched closely here since it involves the softhouse Nitroplus in mecha-design.
Old 2004-05-19, 14:00   Link #4
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Hrm... the idea seems interesting. If they can develop this in the usual old-school Gainax fashion then I would be pleased.
Old 2004-05-19, 14:29   Link #5
Xikius
JTHM ~> Z?

Send a message via AIM to Xikius
wow... i like the story. since i'm a GAINAX-fanboy i'll be awaiting this with much anticipation. post-apocolyptic fanservice incoming!

and is it just me, or have they been busy lately? Ugly and Beautiful World, Melody of the Oblivion and now this... granted, they're working with other studios on them, but still...
Old 2004-05-19, 16:52   Link #6
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xikius
wow... i like the story. since i'm a GAINAX-fanboy i'll be awaiting this with much anticipation. post-apocolyptic fanservice incoming!

and is it just me, or have they been busy lately? Ugly and Beautiful World, Melody of the Oblivion and now this... granted, they're working with other studios on them, but still...
It is their 20th anniversiry so it's as good an excuse to crank out as many new/revamps productions as possible

now that kj has mentioned it--the mecha design does stand out a little. The mecha illustrations on the site is thumbnail-sized, but from the description these mechas are called "Power-Suits." While the name is often decieving--"mobile suits", for instance--the mechas may just be human-sized "suits" this time

I dug a bit and Nitroplus is an... Ero-ge maker? The Demonbane design is impressive! These are also the same guys responsible for Phantom the Inferno, the game, as well as its OVA, which should be available through AnimeSuki. The Nitroplus Demonbane website, with an English-base main menu and Japanese content is at:
http://www.demonbane.com/pc/

Three of the major characters: Kazusa Shin, Hashiba Hinata, and Maeda Kagato are modeled after the historical Japanese figures Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and Maeda Toshiie, respectively. The three seiyuus for these characters are a (musical?) group called P.K.O. and for some reason are all part of the cast of animated series DiGi Charat.
Old 2004-05-19, 18:00   Link #7
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

the mech designs almost remind me of Zone of the Enders...and that's a good thing
Old 2004-05-19, 18:31   Link #8
jennwenn

I thought it was a movie. Its a series then?
Old 2004-05-20, 02:25   Link #9
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
I thought it was a movie. Its a series then?
All indications point to a full-blown series--the story and the hype out of of this franchise is a bit to grand a scale to squeeze into just one animated film On the other hand, the Production--that is, Gainax, Broccoli & Co.--collectively known as the Bushi Group, has announced a "Short Version/Edition" Animation of Bushilord as something of a pilot and/or teaser. Again, no exact release date has been announced at this time.
Old 2004-05-20, 03:52   Link #10
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Hmm, so what is the estimated date of broadcast?

By taking historical figures from their reunification period, this would likely be a war/action series? The background would likely be a reunification war as well?
Old 2004-05-20, 04:48   Link #11
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Hmm, so what is the estimated date of broadcast?

By taking historical figures from their reunification period, this would likely be a war/action series? The background would likely be a reunification war as well?
As far as I can tell from the official site, there is no set premiere date. However I caught a piece of a really old annoucement on AnimeNewsNetwork posted in 2003--saying that Bushilord is slated for 2005. Things may have moved forward faster since then

I know next to nothing about Japanese history. I do remember the big names like Oda Nobunaga and others thrown around for quite some time(Chinese pronounciations of the Japanese cultural spillover in Taiwan, go figure. )

The thing is, after having been cast/portrayed as the Demonlord of the supreme evil for the umpteenth times, Oda Nobunaga is finally getting some "Good" parts. The main character Kazusa Shin, as mentioned above, is modeled after the infamous warlord. As far as anime stereotypes go, he doesn't look that evil Shin's voice will be handled by Toriumi Kosuke, voice of Naruto's Inuzuka Kiba(Dog Guy). Image of Kazusa Shin:
Closed Thread