AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-09-19, 14:28   Link #1
Nerroth
NePoi!

2015 Rugby World Cup

The 2015 Rugby World Cup is underway, with 20 teams competing for the William Webb Ellis Cup - a trophy named after the (alleged) inventor of rugby football.

To clarify, this tournament is for Rugby Union, as opposed to Rugby League (which has its own World Cup).

Japan will host the next edition of the tournament in 2019, though the current crop of the "Brave Blossoms" have already secured their place in Rugby World Cup history, courtesy of this outstanding performance against the Springboks:

Old 2015-09-19, 15:11   Link #2
silencer.001
In a mobile suit behind u

Yeah, that performance by the japanese team was just insane. Watching it, and actually being a springbok supporter myself, I was actually rooting for the Brave Blossoms come the end.

What a performance.

Also with Georgia defeating Tonga as well earlier in the day as well, well, what a day this has turned out to be.

Now to see what else happens.
Old 2015-09-19, 15:27   Link #3
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Wow! Talk about a great opening start for any underdog, that was special indeed. It's really nice to see other nations coming to the front in a discipline that keeps expanding.

Of course, I still root for England and New Zealand. Nevertheless, I'm in a for a good show at any time in the World Cup.

Nice intro too. I when I saw Prince Harry making a cameo as a gardener.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 14:09   Link #4
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

We are now down to 8 teams, and the quarterfinals are coming with the following matches:

South Africa vs. Wales (Twickenham, October 17, 4:00 PM BST)
New Zealand vs. France (Cardiff, October 17, 8:00 PM BST)
Ireland vs. Argentina (Cardiff, October 18, 1:00 PM BST)
Australia vs. Scotland (Twickenham, October 18, 4:00 PM BST)

What can we expect? Who will go through? IMHO, I believe Wales can beat South Africa if an "upset" is in the cards. Otherwise, I expect New Zealand (once again very dominant), Ireland and Australia to get to the semis. Interesting times ahead. Discuss.

Although Japan haven't earned enough statistics to get into the quarterfinals, they still managed to win 3 matches out of 4 while offering inspired and fast-paced performances worth a massive load of positive experience to build upon. Here is an official compilation of their best highlights:

If they keep progressing this well, Team Japan will be a force to reckon with by the time the 2019 Rugby World Cup kicks off in Japan.
Old 2015-11-01, 23:57   Link #5
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

No one writing about the final that was played yesterday? Well, here it goes: New Zealand dominated Australia by a final score of 34-17, but there was one time when Australia came close at 21-17 when it was 21-3 at the half. nevertheless, the All Blacks used their experience to stay compose and to retaliate with 13 points. To be honest, I'm happy that NZ remained true to their mantra by attacking the opposition instead of settling down for a defensive match as we have seen too often in past finals.

Highlights:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Dan Carter was man of the match for NZ.

The All Blacks become the first nation to win 3 World Cups, and the first nation to defend their title successfully.

Next stop: Japan 2019.

Tags
rugby union