AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2015-06-26, 07:48   Link #1
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

( 06/26/2015)Terrorist attack in France.

Decapitated body, daubed with Arabic, found at French attack site
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0P60XR20150626

Suspect in French attack watched for radicalization: minister
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...Name=worldNews
Old 2015-06-26, 08:54   Link #2
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

There is so much BS about this incident I don't even know where to begin. I can only ask why?
Old 2015-06-26, 12:00   Link #3
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I wonder if this is another IS sympathizer. At the very least, it's another lowlife who wants to stir up the peace in France, and make other countries piss their pants out of fear that it could happen to them, too.
Old 2015-06-26, 12:37   Link #4
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I wonder if this is another IS sympathizer. At the very least, it's another lowlife who wants to stir up the peace in France, and make other countries piss their pants out of fear that it could happen to them, too.
A few websites I've seen reporting that the ISIS group's flag was left at the scene with the victim. Doesn't mean that they're are apart of ISIS but could just be someone reacting to ISIS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-Adnani's recent call for savagery. ISIS was saying they wanted the month of Ramadan to be filled with calamity.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 14:57   Link #5
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

From the choice of target (his boss, rather than a "prestigious" target like a soldier or policeman or politician), it looks more like a crazy killer who happens to be an Islamist than a crazy killer who kills because he's an Islamist.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 05:29   Link #6
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
From the choice of target (his boss, rather than a "prestigious" target like a soldier or policeman or politician), it looks more like a crazy killer who happens to be an Islamist than a crazy killer who kills because he's an Islamist.
Well, since there were similar incidents in Tunisia and Kuwait, and ISIS claiming them all, it's starting to look more and more like an organized and carefully-planned event, rather than a single individual killing off people.
Old 2015-06-27, 06:07   Link #7
Draco Spirit

Looks more like a few nutters listening to the screams of a barbarian to me. I really feel sorry for 21st century Muslins who have to deal with people doing this kinda crap and claiming it's in the name of there faith.

The old Islamic world use to be world leaders in culture, science and ethics... but now all the noise seems to come from people who's mind are stuck in the dark ages.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 19:24   Link #8
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Well, since there were similar incidents in Tunisia and Kuwait, and ISIS claiming them all, it's starting to look more and more like an organized and carefully-planned event, rather than a single individual killing off people.

Terror attacks in France, Tunisia and Kuwait part of ‘Bloody Friday’ after
ISIS directive to kill during Ramadan:

"The stretch of attacks was dubbed “Bloody Friday” by terrorists boasting of the
murders online, according to Vocativ."

See:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.2272276

Maybe the name of this thread should be changed to reflect the fact that the
attacks occurred in more than one country?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 19:29   Link #9
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Looks more like a few nutters listening to the screams of a barbarian to me. I really feel sorry for 21st century Muslins who have to deal with people doing this kinda crap and claiming it's in the name of there faith.

The old Islamic world use to be world leaders in culture, science and ethics... but now all the noise seems to come from people who's mind are stuck in the dark ages.

The Islamic extremists want to go back to the 12th century, and drag the rest of
the world with them.

Putin wants to go back to the days of the USSR.

The Chinese want to go back to the days of the "Middle Kingdom".

It seems like all the troublemakers in the world today are dissatisfied with the
present, fear the future, and want to turn back the clock to the "good old days".
Though different people have different ideas about when those days were.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 04:36   Link #10
Draco Spirit

IMHO the world as a whole has entered a difficult phase in it's development and all this is just the consequences of the era we've entered.

Basically because of the improvements in transport and communications in the last century or so everyone has to deal with everyone else's views, and quiet often the physical presence of someone from a different culture with different views.

While some people thrive in this sort of environment, others can't hack it and since they can't get away from it they go militant in their desire to 'correct' the world.

All the terrorist crap is just a symptom of what I'm sure historians will end up calling the consequences of the Information Revolution. Not sure when it will settle down, but I suspect we're talking generational time scales rather than years.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 05:46   Link #11
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I really have to wonder why the stronger Islamic nations haven't taken action to what anyone could consider as deliberate disrespect of the laws of their prophet.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 06:59   Link #12
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Yeah, but the "suspect" himself isn't saying something like "We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us, infidels!". He's saying he acted alone, and he didn't have big guns or anything. So while he may have had loose ties with Daesh, he couldn't even be arsed to throw some infamy their way... (Well, maybe he's lost his nerve and wants to get as low a sentence as possible.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 07:00   Link #13
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I really have to wonder why the stronger Islamic nations haven't taken action to what anyone could consider as deliberate disrespect of the laws of their prophet.
Regarding ISIS, they (Islamic nations) either have their own urgent businesses to take care of and in no condition to spare their resources, or they already took action but (again) is limited by the resources they have. I speak from a country with the largest muslim community here. Despite a number of “lost souls” from my country have been recruited by the terrorist group, the majority of muslims and all official Islamic organizations here condemn and genuinely detest what the ISIS is doing. Striking fear and terrorize innocent non-muslims in various places in the world during the holy month Ramadhan has gone as far away from Islam and our prophet’s teaching as possible. AFAIK, our government already offered help to the UN, ‘Murica, or whoever actively fighting those ISIS bastards, but we can only do so much. And I assume other Islamic nations allied to ‘Murica like Qatar, Jordan, Egypt, etc are already aiding Uncle Sam to battle the ISIS.