AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 2015-06-17, 11:16   Link #1
Darkmatter

Need help buying the right TV

I want a TV that is 120hz, around 40 inches, and able to display anime with sound and subtitles if I hook up a computer to it. Even better would be if I could just hook up a USB drive. Is this possible or is it asking to much of todays TV's?

Thanks
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 03:06   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Late replay, but... the bit about displaying anime with subtitles via only a USB drive probably isn't possible with just the TV alone. Since I'm assuming you're talking about fansubs of unlicensed anime, most of these use dynamic subtitles and are in containers that are rarely (but not never...) supported by hardware.

Now, plugging in your computer to it is a non-issue. Most computers these days have an HDMI out (either directly or, worst case, via an adapter), which the TV will support. So no matter what the TV does natively, this part should always be an option.

Besides that, you can get a lot of legal anime streams these days via Crunchyroll and other services, so if you have a gaming console of some kind (or many set-top boxes), you can probably stream anime directly without even involving the computer.