AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 14:33   Link #1
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
The Attack on Titan anime series is getting a videogame next year, series producer George Wada revealed at Anime Expo.

Anime News Network reported the announcement and add that that the Attack on Titan game was originally teased via Twitter back in May. No further details have been announced about the game.

Attack on Titan takes place in a world where remnants of the human population within cities surrounded by walls, following the appearance of the gigantic titans, who devour human beings.
source

now we got "the actual" game, not "visual novel" or "Browser Game" or some MMO modification crap

hope it will be Next Gen console game (or at least current gen console) not handheld game

and yes I realised I put my hopes too high for this
Old 2013-07-09, 14:55   Link #2
Jun pls

Y-you mean I MIGHT actually get my long-awaited (and often in threads mentioned) rpg?!
I seriously would be so happy.
This is all just personal opinion now so if someone doesn't agree with me that's fine.
But I hope we're not going to be Eren or some other character from the anime but a character you can make yourself (like in God Eater Burst, Tales of the World, I'm sure you know what I mean). But of course, the others can be there! But just not as the player's character, you know?
I would honestly love it if you would need to do all those training things in one way or another and depending on how good you are you get a rank. So it's not like "You're the MC so you're in the top 10" but that it can happen you're 14th or something and that you could actually choose where to be (stationary guards, military police, yadda yadda).
But I guess I'm hoping for too much

Also. I'm all for PS4 since I'm already planning on getting it one day (probably towards end of next year though ) though I wouldn't mind PS3 either.
And yes I'm only mentioning Sony and not Microsoft with its xbox because that wouldn't involve me. But I guess if it's coming for either PS3 or 4 it'll be for xbox as well.
I wouldn't mind PSVita either, though. I seriously need more nice games for it. I can't continue playing Persona 4 golden all day, can I

Edit: Inb4 vs. fighter game
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 20:32   Link #3
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
Y-you mean I MIGHT actually get my long-awaited (and often in threads mentioned) rpg?!
I seriously would be so happy.
This is all just personal opinion now so if someone doesn't agree with me that's fine.
But I hope we're not going to be Eren or some other character from the anime but a character you can make yourself (like in God Eater Burst, Tales of the World, I'm sure you know what I mean). But of course, the others can be there! But just not as the player's character, you know?
I would honestly love it if you would need to do all those training things in one way or another and depending on how good you are you get a rank. So it's not like "You're the MC so you're in the top 10" but that it can happen you're 14th or something and that you could actually choose where to be (stationary guards, military police, yadda yadda).
But I guess I'm hoping for too much

Also. I'm all for PS4 since I'm already planning on getting it one day (probably towards end of next year though ) though I wouldn't mind PS3 either.
And yes I'm only mentioning Sony and not Microsoft with its xbox because that wouldn't involve me. But I guess if it's coming for either PS3 or 4 it'll be for xbox as well.
I wouldn't mind PSVita either, though. I seriously need more nice games for it. I can't continue playing Persona 4 golden all day, can I

Edit: Inb4 vs. fighter game

I rather see this game turned into a some kind of open world hack and slash rpg, where you can take loot from dead titans , and where you are able to pick your own squad members to scout the area .. I'm not really into hack and slash but that would be epic ..
Uchiha Kesuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 01:55   Link #4
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Looks like there's a browser-based fan game where you try fighting Titans in 3D.
Old 2013-07-10, 03:28   Link #5
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Ugh! Controls need improvement.
Old 2013-07-10, 04:25   Link #6
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Kesuke View Post
I rather see this game turned into a some kind of open world hack and slash rpg, where you can take loot from dead titans , and where you are able to pick your own squad members to scout the area .. I'm not really into hack and slash but that would be epic ..
Well, we could easily fuse your idea with mine
You know, we need to do the training first and stuff like that and then we get out to kill the titans in the best hack and slash mania.

I'm not really that much of a hack and slash fan myself, though it depends on how the game's done.
(for example: I like God Eater Burst but I don't like Soul Sacrifice that much)

And about that online game someone did. I tried playing it some days ago but the controls are horrible so I gave up
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 07:20   Link #7
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
Ugh! Controls need improvement.
You can hold down Q and E to get some good acrobatic moves in. But beware of titans being bugged up onto "buildings". Also make sure you play it in fullscreen else you will die quite easily
Old 2013-07-10, 08:32   Link #8
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Imagine if it is developed by SCE Santa Monica (God of War)

Imagine replacing Kratos vs Chronos battles with Eren (with 3DMG) vs Colossus Titan

Dammit make it happen Sony! Make this one of your (lack of) exclusive PS4 games and I shall buy one at day one.

realistically speaking, this will probably become handheld game (3DS/PSV) game
Old 2013-07-10, 09:00   Link #9
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I think Star Wars Force Unleashed 1&2 would be a good comparison as well.
Old 2013-07-14, 12:04   Link #10
Gundamx

most anime game = cheap developer

though it will be not bad if they at-least used Dynasty warrior engine
(same one as gundam Dynasty Warrior, one piece, bleach...etc
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 02:22   Link #11
supermegasonic

if there can be a titan game with the style of assassin creed but faster paced action like DMC, that would be sweet.
Old 2013-07-28, 13:09   Link #12
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

itll just be a hack and slash game on the psp like all other anime adaptations....

With anime games they should all be rpg with a custom character, theres no better settings in my books
Old 2013-07-28, 15:01   Link #13
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

How can a Attack on Titan-Game be a Hack and Slash? No offense to anyone, but for me the idea doesnt make sense, considering the scenario. I can see a hybrid of Shadow of the Colossus and Assasins Creed, but no Hack and Slash. The enemies are just too big for that kinda game. Plus considering what we know about their weak points...
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 09:55   Link #14
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
How can a Attack on Titan-Game be a Hack and Slash? No offense to anyone, but for me the idea doesnt make sense, considering the scenario. I can see a hybrid of Shadow of the Colossus and Assasins Creed, but no Hack and Slash. The enemies are just too big for that kinda game. Plus considering what we know about their weak points...
Well honestly if you look up to the games Prototype and God of war then you will see that it would be quite nice if Attack on titan would make a game something like that .

But really , If it isnt going to be a hack and slash game , what else should they do ?

If it turns out to be that anyone could turn in a titan, (i'm not sure that's going to happen) they probably will turn it in a fight game like the naruto series did .. that would be lame
Uchiha Kesuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 10:20   Link #15
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
How about Just Cause 2, just with melee weapons? Or SW: Force Unleashed... It IS possible!
Old 2013-07-31, 13:56   Link #16
Sasukeuzi

Anyone try playing Armin? So uselessssssssss!!!! Only thing he can do is make Titans laugh, which is useful for like 3 seconds >_>
I just can't play that good with him, like with Mikasa and Levi
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:05   Link #17
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Markiplier played the game!

He did good in the end till her got eaten
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-08-05, 06:02   Link #18
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/05...-browser-game/

darn, what a massive letdown
Old 2013-08-05, 06:55   Link #19
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^How i feel.:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-08-05, 17:51   Link #20
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

a "The recon corps adventures before Eren and the 104th traineesquad joined"-game would have been much more preferred than a browser game...