AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-03-15, 08:16   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 532 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Short spoilers so far.

Quote:
-More flashbacks from Hanzou and Mifune…

-They talk…

-Hanzou commits suicide (at this point, I would to)…

-Cut to Ino-Shika-Chou VS Asuma.

-Shikamaru creates an opening for Chouji to attack, but as Chouji barrels towards Asuma, he finds himself unable to attack his sensei. Chouji shouts for Asuma to evade.

-chapter ends…?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 09:08   Link #2
naruske

ohhh choji...he never fails to disappoint...i think im ready to see some big character names die soon
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 09:20   Link #3
Fran~
floating away...

How funny, Hanzou doing seppuku?

I always found that Chouji was a disgrace for this manga, but i thought that i could be fine with him after Pain's invasion... but now...
Old 2011-03-15, 10:07   Link #4
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Hanzou commits suicide (at this point, I would to)…
My we're all full of humor this morning.
Old 2011-03-15, 11:18   Link #5
neshru

Why exactly is Kabuto letting his zombies suicide? Actually, I wonder why the other zombies that used to be good guys aren't doing the same
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 11:35   Link #6
Alchemist007
*Author

It could all be a distraction, I mean what Madara himself wants are the tailed beasts so this could serve as a sufficient distraction at some point.
Old 2011-03-15, 11:58   Link #7
mrShady

Could be really interesting if choji actually died in the next few chapters. He couldn't face his former sensei and because he hesitated he dies. It would be all according to kabuto's plan of using loved ones and it would give a real hard edge to this war.

The rest of the chapter looks like another lame talkfest though.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 12:23   Link #8
Ero-Senn1n

So if the summoned people can "commit suicide" then Kabuto can't really control them, or can he? Sure there are a lot of these zombies that just find it fun to fight and kill so they will continue this, like Deidara. I wonder what will be stopping Deidara. My guess is that the Tsuchikage's family will make him stop. But if this is true then why would people like Asuma, Itachi and Nagato let themselves be used to kill innocent people? Kabuto's control of the zombies is kind of a plot hole.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 12:31   Link #9
Fran~
floating away...

Kabuto said before that he is doing that on purpose, take for instance:
Zabuza's party was well aware of their situation, when Kabuto saw/sensed Kakashi's presence, he just erased that and turning them on as killing machines. Take what happen with Asuma, is more dangerous a little concious than as a killing machine.
Old 2011-03-15, 15:42   Link #10
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Suicide shouldn't kill Hanzou unless he somehow seals himself. Or suicide has a more symbolic, ie emotional meaning, and that's really what kills him.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 15:43   Link #11
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Kabuto said before that he is doing that on purpose, take for instance:
Zabuza's party was well aware of their situation, when Kabuto saw/sensed Kakashi's presence, he just erased that and turning them on as killing machines. Take what happen with Asuma, is more dangerous a little concious than as a killing machine.
That can be an explanation, if Kabuto has erased the mind of a person like he did with the 7 swordsmen then they cannot have free will do disappear, but the others can do it. In that case Kabuto probably has a limit on how many zombies he can directly mind control at the same time.
So those that he cannot mind control can disappear on their free will, which is just good for Kishimoto's plot since he can choose which ninjas will go back to the "pure world" after he finished their stories and which can be used for war. But that does not explain why Asuma didn't disappear. Maybe there's a condition, assuming there is a binding chakra which used to power the zombie (Orochimaru's and Kabuto's) then if it goes below a certain level then the zombie's mind can break free for a moment and then disappear. In that case Shika and his team must fight Asuma until his chakra is reduced to a level at which Asuma can break the binding and disappear.
Old 2011-03-15, 15:53   Link #12
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Color me shocked there is a spoiler. The next few chapters are already done and waiting to be printed, but you wonder what will happen after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I always found that Chouji was a disgrace for this manga, but i thought that i could be fine with him after Pain's invasion... but now...
Choji sucks, but right now he can save this war. The other fights have been boring because we didn't care about the characters and no one was in any real danger. Paint by numbers filler. But Choji is just asking to get seriously injured by being a pansy. His death(which Kishi wouldn't do if he were writing now, but maybe that chapter is already done) would be a major moment and show us why Kabuto so badly wanted these zombies to keep their minds. Hell, even him "almost" dying would be something. I can already picture the twp page spread with Asuma hurting Choji. This is how you use a character like Choji. So far the Konoha 11 have had an easy war.

So at least the Asuma vs. Ino-Shika-Cho has a little tension since Shikamaru will have to fight Asuma and save Fatty Lumpkins from doing something stupid. Don;t know what Ino will do. Shikamaru is the only one capable of fighting Asuma there. I am also curious what Asuma will do. How hard can he fight the control?

I couldn't care less about Mifune and Hanzou, Zombie suicide? Blah. Just a repeat of the Sasori fight. I beat you. My way is better. You lost your way. Talk, talk, talk...puff.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 20:48   Link #13
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

how does Hanzou commit suicide when he will just regenerate? Unless it's some soul sealing suicide move....

Or maybe it's a fake so that they let their guard down
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 03:05   Link #14
Ero-Senn1n

According to the new information Kabuto is pissed and decides to directly control each zombie so that this suicide does not repeat in the future.
Old 2011-03-16, 05:59   Link #15
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

*watches Sasori and Shinn get talked to death*

Kabuto: "Curses! Now I will have take control of the zombies to prevent that from happening again."

*the zombies finally kill a bunch of people*

Kabuto: "Even though they seem a lot more ineffective, I'll still let many of my zombies kept their personalities. You'll see! Psychological warfare!"

*watches Hanzou get taken out in 10 seconds*

Kabuto: "Curses! Now I will have take control of the zombies to prevent that from happening again."

The audience:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
how does Hanzou commit suicide when he will just regenerate? Unless it's some soul sealing suicide move....

Or maybe it's a fake so that they let their guard down
Hanzou cut open his internal poison bag which gave the ninja with Mifune time to prepare a seal. He basically bound himself.
Old 2011-03-16, 07:21   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Suicide shouldn't kill Hanzou unless he somehow seals himself. Or suicide has a more symbolic, ie emotional meaning, and that's really what kills him.
Lots of cheese this week, but yeah, from what I gather he relieves his soul in the old-fashioned suicide way. Who wants to guess how he does it, harakiri or bite his tongue and die? The former would be more samurai-ish though...
Quote:
Hanzou cut open his internal poison bag which gave the ninja with Mifune time to prepare a seal. He basically bound himself.
Unless this is how it really happened, I have a hard time telling what's real atm
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 07:23   Link #17
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
ohhh choji...he never fails to disappoint...i think im ready to see some big character names die soon
Hmmm I wonder who you have on your mind maybe chouji will do his skinny form butterfly thing again... oh do the countless fangirls hope
Old 2011-03-16, 08:48   Link #18
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
So at least the Asuma vs. Ino-Shika-Cho has a little tension since Shikamaru will have to fight Asuma and save Fatty Lumpkins from doing something stupid. Don;t know what Ino will do. Shikamaru is the only one capable of fighting Asuma there. I am also curious what Asuma will do. How hard can he fight the control?
-Not well I imagine, since it seems the whole "Eraser Personality" that Kabuto implements is inevitable. Regardless of their willpower, it seems like its a losing battle for the zombie. I imagine it something like this (now written for maximum drama milking):
*Choji's stupid mistake ends up costing him in some way*.
*Kabuto implements the Eraser Personality*.
*The trio struggles for a bit*.
*Shikamaru and Choji inevitably decide to hold off Asuma while Ino SnJs her lost sensei's mind*.
*Insert many manly (and girly) tears while Ino is swimming arund in there*.
*Plan works. Asuma gets freed from control and to add to the cherry top, Shikamaru mentions Asuma's kid. Asuma then leaves with a heartfelt good-bye (again) and the war continues*.
Old 2011-03-16, 08:52   Link #19
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Poor Chouji. I still like him though. I hope he can really do something during this battle. I'm not counting him out yet.
Old 2011-03-16, 09:21   Link #20
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Not well I imagine, since it seems the whole "Eraser Personality" that Kabuto implements is inevitable. Regardless of their willpower, it seems like its a losing battle for the zombie. I imagine it something like this (now written for maximum drama milking):
*Choji's stupid mistake ends up costing him in some way*.
*Kabuto implements the Eraser Personality*.
*The trio struggles for a bit*.
*Shikamaru and Choji inevitably decide to hold off Asuma while Ino SnJs her lost sensei's mind*.
*Insert many manly (and girly) tears while Ino is swimming arund in there*.
*Plan works. Asuma gets freed from control and to add to the cherry top, Shikamaru mentions Asuma's kid. Asuma then leaves with a heartfelt good-bye (again) and the war continues*.
God that sounds awful. Here's hoping that Kabuto's recent plan will result in Asuma becoming devoid of emotion in time to kill Chouji or even better Ino.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion