AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-21, 13:39   Link #21
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
While this was probably not the writers intent, Hotaru reads so much like an aro to me.
I can definitely see how she can come off like that, though I feel like the intent is just maybe she never really experienced what it is to fall in love or to have someone love you until Hananoi.
Old 2024-04-25, 12:33   Link #22
Frontier

Kyo going all out on this New Year's shrine visit, what with being the only one of the girls to wear a yukata...and also being considerate that Hananoi probably would have wanted to have Hotaru to himself on New Year's. Still, I can see where Hotaru wants her boyfriend and friends to get along .

And Hotaru knows her boyfriend well enough to know he'll be there early and where he'll be, and now she finds him even more attractive! She's definitely falling for Hananoi .

Look at Kyo and Kei blatantly holding hands! Too bad Hotaru is too chicken to hold hands with Hananoi in public .

"God has never really done anything for me." Dang, that got dark quick .

Well, points to Kei for trying to get along with Hananoi (they are in the same class after all) but Hananoi blames him for the kissing incident and also seems to have no intention of getting along with anyone that's not Hotaru. Also Hananoi can be pretty scary when he wants to be .

Hotaru has come so far that now she and her friends can engage in genuine, 100%, Girl Talk about love and she can realize why Hananoi was out of sorts not seeing Hotaru after so long. Although she still thinks a "recharge" is a phone battery and not your significant others' presence...though she gets the picture enough that she was THIS close to hugging Hananoi before he pulled away. You were so close, Hananoi-kun !

Did we just spot your classic Shojo love rival ?

Look at Hotaru getting a job at a bookstore to get to understand Hananoi better! She looks cute in the uniform and she gets to ring up her BF and see him every evening when she's done. Although I feel like we're moving from Hananoi waiting for her early in the morning to waiting for her late at night .

Hotaru's little sis might not like her boyfriend, but mom seems all in on letting him stay over! He even ends up in Hotaru's room! And gets to see smol Hotaru! Now Hotaru wants to see Smol Hananoi !

So Hotaru used to have longer hair...and something that happened that made her not want it long any more...obviously something she's not comfortable talking about, but considering she's been trying so hard to get Hananoi to open up, it's only fair she be more open with herself and how she feels about him. Like telling him how an old best friend just cut her hair as a prank because Hotaru didn't understand her feelings, which seems to have traumatized Hotaru a little, but Hananoi also talks about how he was a gloomy kid in elementary school. Slowly but surely the two are opening up more to each other emotionally .

And riding high on those confessions...Hotaru instinctively reaches for Hananoi's head to give him headpats. And now SHE'S the one who wants a recharge from Hananoi .
Old 2024-04-25, 15:08   Link #23
grecefar

I guess I don't feel it anymore, all the shrine visit I was annoyed with both of them.

I'm dropping it, not much point to watch if it feels like a chore to watch.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-02, 12:40   Link #24
Frontier

This is another first for Hotaru! Another girl wants to get to know her boyfriend! And it's her co-worker to boot !

Somehow I'm not surprised Hananoi would be the type to rationalize not wanting friends so he could prioritize his lover and family, especially given he acts pretty closed off from anyone else, though I'm not sure if that's really healthy for him in the long run .

Hotaru is finally getting relationship advice from her big sister! She really is growing up! Even if she's asking for relationship advice from a girl who has never had a boyfriend...though her big sis seems like a keeper .

Taking their lunch date on the stairs to the school roof! Being a little naughty and sneaking in somewhere with your BF can be pretty romantic! Especially when you get locked in and have to snuggle up inside his vest and get all close and intimate while opening up to each other in close proximity! And Hananoi planned everything, you devious mastermind .

Well, that's good! Satomura just was interested in Hananoi because he looked like her favorite idol, she had no intention of pursuing him romantically! And Hotaru's relief that another girl wasn't after Hananoi makes her start to reflect on her own feelings and desire for him .

Poor Kyo having to carry Hotaru and her feelings so hard until she realizes she's genuinely in love...not to mention helping her prep for her date! It's cute seeing Hotaru dressed up a little and taking the lead with Hananoi with a "foolproof" date plan .

I don't know what it says about Hananoi that he was interested in a book that got turned into a slasher movie...though no surprise Hotaru isn't into it. Though at least she had Hananoi ASMR to take her mind off of it .

And then the date plan immediately goes off the rails...but it's a valuable lesson that sometimes you just need to let things flow naturally, whether it be checking out a ramen place together or even buying matching keychains without even knowing it .

What better spot to end this date than a full-circle moment at the bench where they first met! And Hotaru saying she had fun, compared to all the girls who Hananoi had bad dates with, really hit hard for him. Because he wants Hotaro to be happy because she was there for him at his lowest, so much so that he'll take a ball to the head to protect her. Though the lap pillow made it worth it .

Hananoi has always wanted someone to choose him, excelling in kindness and studies to make people want him, but it's never worked. All he had left was to give himself and all his feelings to someone, but he still doesn't think it could work. Yet it's enough to make Hotaro release all her feelings for him, everything she likes about him, as she confesses her love for him before she even realizes it. And finally understands she's in love .
Old 2024-05-09, 12:50   Link #25
Frontier

Hotaru is in love! And nothing says a girl in love like playing with your hair! Though she still can't quite say it straight to his face...I mean, it would be practically like confessing to him .

A wild Ryohei Kimura has shown up! Yao is actually an old schoolmate of Hotaru, and while he seems like a pretty chill and nice guy, he also reminds Hotaru of the fallout between her and Non-chan and when she lost her long hair. Not to mention Hananoi obviously doesn't take seeing Hotaru with another guy well .

And Hananoi being Hananoi reacts by being even more possessive and close to Hotaru, which gets to be a bit much, but it also reminds Hotaru of Non-chan and how insecure people can feel no matter how much they smile...because that's just how complicated love can be .

But at least they were able to talk it out and Hananoi was able to express how worried he is that Hotaru will leave him for a better man, but Hotaru is able to tell him that she wants to be with HIM, and no one else, as they hug it out for a recharge .

No better time to express your feelings than Valentine's Day! And Hotaru is ready to go all out! Though it also seems like Yao remembers them being closer in elementary school than Hotaru does, though she probably doesn't remember that as deeply because of the trauma over Non-chan .

Aw, Hananoi was making chocolates for Hotaru! He realized he had upset her and wanted to make her feel better with chocolates of his own. But then it turned into a mutual chocolate making session between the couple and Hotaru gets to see a more vulnerable and real Hananoi, and her feelings for him just slip out! Nothing beats a natural confession of love .

Not only does Hotaru confess, but she also unburdens her trauma to Hananoi, who understands, and even gives her own chocolate she had already made to him, now absolutely sure of one thing...she likes Hananoi more than anything else !
Old 2024-05-09, 19:44   Link #26
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Oh shit we have liftoff!!

Tangentially I love the ED song and didn't realize until recently it was actually Euro pop.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-05-16, 12:29   Link #27
Frontier

Hotaru loves Hananoi! In her own way, she's confident that's how she truly feels! But is Hananoi satisfied with that? Does he think someone like Hotaru can truly love someone like him in all his extreme feelings towards her? Someone who says he only needs her, and only her, in his life? Is that how he really feels though or is he projecting his own insecurities to make Hotaru realize she doesn't have to love him when he's not worthy of her love ?

And of course then grandma comes in and is concerned about some hanky panky going on behind her back. What a way to meet Hananoi's family, Hotaru .

But their feelings are mutual! They both love each other! Why are they taking a break and avoiding each other!? This isn't how it's supposed to be !

At least Hotaru gets a do-over with grandma and grandma gets to thank her for being there for Hananoi. His parents are volunteers who have committed themselves to help children in need but have neglected their own son, who in turn neglected himself, until he met Hotaru. It's not so much that Hananoi doesn't care about other people, he's just used to people leaving him .

Hotaru you can't text "I miss you" and not expect Hananoi to come running. Then again, the moment she sees him she comes running straight towards him, so I guess she's not that much better .

Maybe their values and understanding of love is different, maybe they have different priorities in this relationship...but they like each other, and they're happy to be together, and shouldn't that be enough? And now they can finally cut to the chase and officially be boyfriend and girlfriend! Took them long enough !

Hotaru about to have her first kiss? She looks way too nervous. Though Hananoi is fine just kissing her head .

Hananoi knew a cool old dude who mentored him when he was depressed about his parents. If he couldn't find love from his parents, he could find it from a soulmate, and he may have just found that in Hotaru. Especially when they're already texting cutely together as a couple and Hananoi finally seems truly content and happy !