AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you use a kazaa filesharer (k++ or jsut kazaa etc)?
Huh? 6 11.32%
Yes 21 39.62%
No 26 49.06%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-12-06, 22:40   Link #1
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

kazaa lite shut down...

i found out today that kazaa lite is being shut down, the article thingy can be read here....im just wondering whether it means that my kazaa lite program will eventually be useless? or as long as there are ppl with the program will it b ok? thanx for the help ^_^....grrr i dont want to have to return to kazaa...erghh spyware...but if i do i can just get some kinda spyware remover ^_^
darn you sharman networks! ^^
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 23:02   Link #2
Forse
r00t for life

I hope KAZAA will die soon....actually the sooner the better!
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 23:04   Link #3
gravitation

Quote:
I hope KAZAA will die soon
do u hate kazaa or do you hate file sharing thingies in general?
Old 2003-12-06, 23:19   Link #4
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Well for right now they only stopped them from distributing the program itself...so people will have a harder time d/ling klite++ but i just went on and it still had as many users as before...maybe one day they might actually shut it down for good...lucky for me i dont really use kazaa all that much anymore...so i wont miss it all that much when it's gone...

Besides...on popular filesharing program dies...another one will just become popular...ex) napster dies...kazaa becomes popular....now the questions is...which is gonna be the next popular one...
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 23:20   Link #5
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
do u hate kazaa or do you hate file sharing thingies in general?
Heh....I hate KAZAA and I share files in many ways myself on DC hub, IRC, FTP....etc. Kazaa became the best place to get viruses and shitty files. Also speed is just terrible...and now the RIAA....

/me votes kazaa to be banned

Currently the best place to get files for me is DC where I can get files at 1MB/s ^_^
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 23:21   Link #6
gravitation

Quote:
dont really use kazaa all that much anymore...so i wont miss it all that much when it's gone...
same here! anyway there are tons of other alternatives out there so thats kool i guess ^_^
Old 2003-12-06, 23:22   Link #7
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forse
Kazaa became the best place to get viruses and shitty files. Also speed is just terrible...and now the RIAA....
The main reasons i use kazaa as a last resort ^_^
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 00:10   Link #8
Greenē
It's bacon!

No worries. You can still find the Kazaa Lite program on regular Kazaa,.. if it isn't really a virus in disguise.
Greenē is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 01:28   Link #9
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

1st incident: Virus Excel
I used to have Kazaa~although I have Virus Sk, my computer crashed, out of 3~4X due to kaaza&lite ....

2nd incident: Napster 2nd
~ read some posts claiming Kazaa is gonna like Napster(closing down?) they are suing people using Kazaa or smthing like that~

Conclusion: dame~ dame~
It is not that Kazaa is bad... it's just it is so unsafe to use it~therefore.... nv tried it again~ just for safe ~
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 01:36   Link #10
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Kazaa users, go go go Shareaza

http://www.shareaza.com/
Old 2003-12-07, 01:51   Link #11
ZGMF-10A

WTF this bullshit i tried to download kazaa lite today and it ask with subscription i want........ WTF i thought it was free....... it was like a couple months ago.... this si gay...
ZGMF-10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 03:51   Link #12
outlaw55
Banned

sites are still offering kazaa lite up for download, all KMD can do is shut down the sites as they get them. They cannot stop the k-lite clients from connecting because the server thinks they are KMD clients

anyways, I agree with a lot of other ppl in saying kazaa is the worse p2p ever....winmx anyone?
outlaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 04:26   Link #13
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
You can't really "shut down" Kazza Lite. It uses the Fast-track network, much like Imesh and a few other sharing programs. You'd have to be able to get rid of every single site offering it for download and remove it from everyone's computer.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 08:15   Link #14
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Well it was only a matter of time when Kazza-lite would be shutdown, took them long enough, considering they were violating copyright laws all this time. I'm surprised the developers waited so long to shut them down.
Old 2003-12-07, 08:25   Link #15
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
I dont use it = I couldnt care less.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 12:59   Link #16
aquilus
Dismember!

I find it amusing that the developers of the protocol are complaining about copyright infringements. Anyhow, they have about as much honor as RIAA - and this isnīt any news. Sure, kazaa has lots of shit files, but it is easy to use and has a large userbase. I use BT for most things myself, but kazaa isnīt half bad, especially for more mainstream stuff.

Hoping that a filesharing app dies is aganist the whole sprit of sharing in the first place. Every network is another strike aganist RIAA and other such organizations.
aquilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 13:05   Link #17
gravitation

Quote:
Hoping that a filesharing app dies is aganist the whole sprit of sharing in the first place. Every network is another strike aganist RIAA and other such organizations.
WOOT WOOT!! u sed it aquilus!!! ^_^ im glad we dont have summin like the RIAA over here!! ^_^ yeah i use BT for most of my stuff but i use kazaa lite for the things i cant get on BT
Old 2003-12-07, 13:17   Link #18
dark_breaka
Äņėmę Frëã|{

finally kazaa is going down i hope the rest of peer to peer programs get shut down also then everything can go back to being underground and not many people will be able to get anymore piracy stuff since they will need specialy access to the good sites which they won't be able to get into and the burning of games, muisc, appz business will return since not many people know how to get stuff without using peer to peer programs
dark_breaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 14:50   Link #19
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

People are right about too many fake files on kazaa. I d/l the paris hilton video like 8 different times to finally get the real one that's a shame. A lot of people are complaining about the speed, fake files, viruses, etc. if u have a good source to d/l stuff w/o using kazaalite, good for u. So stop complaining about it if you're not using it! Though I found other sources, I still use it.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 00:05   Link #20
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
It one of the longest-running filesharing programs I've had on my computer... I thiink we all know Napster, e-donkey, morpheus, bearshare, etc. I stopped using it for anything but the occasional MP3 when someone I met there sharing TSFS told me about DC. Then the people on DC told me about BT... and now animesuki provides most of what I download and upload. ^_^ Long live animesuki!

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote