狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
whats the story of this gundam series
Old 2009-05-08, 13:33   Link #62
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
That's a good question, but I assume that Kou was still in love with her, and that he kept his mouth shut about the stunts she pulled off.
Sounds about right. The sick little love puppy didn't say anything, so there was no real evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhus12 View Post
Bad guy steals a Gundam and good guys give chase. Its best to just watch it, its good.
Old 2009-05-08, 14:08   Link #63
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
As the title says, the story sets in UC 0083. The Federation has developed two new Gundam suits, but on of these is stolen by the Delaz Fleet, which naturally consists of Zeon soldiers. A new ship starts to chase them with the other Gundam on board.
Old 2009-05-08, 19:29   Link #64
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Bigger pciture would be a small group of Zeon Remnants goes on a final suicide mission cum smear campaign in which everything becomes another minor forgettable footnote in the pages of UC history.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 19:42   Link #65
kakakka

Isn't the operation became the reason for the formation of Titans?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 19:45   Link #66
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, the overall goal of 0083 was simply to establish the creation of the Titans for Zeta Gundam and they accomplished that by giving the Federation a huge reason to "need" such a group; if such a small remant group could pull off such a HUGE operation right under the noses of the Federation (most of it anyway) and STILL pull it off even with help from the inside (Cima), then what else could other remnants be capable of?

After all, there are still chunks of Zeon remnants hiding out from the OYW, just waiting for their chance to strike back at the Federation and after seeing what a group like the Delaz Fleet could do all by themselves, it'd only give them a HUGE morale boost and hope in order to push them to try similar or possibly worse acts off, so the Federation sought to nip them in the bud before they could even attempt them while also suppressing any other possible "spacenoid uprisings".

This leads to the Colony 30 incident which leads to the creation of the AEUG, which leads to the events of Zeta Gundam. This then helps lead into ZZ Gundam and Char's Counterattack given Axis/Neo Zeon soldiers are comprised quite a bit of former OYW Zeon soldiers as well as new recruits that believe in their cause and whatnot and this even further extends into the (officially non-canon unless animations are made) events of the Mars Zeon/Oldsmobile Army uprising during the Gundam F90 manga and the Mobile Suit Gundam F91: Formula Wars 0122 section.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 05:02   Link #67
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

What I don't get is that Operation Stardust was successfully and the colony hit its target. Shouldn't there be long lasting effects on whatever the colony hit? Was this ever addressed?
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 12:49   Link #68
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Not always...just look at the Operation British colony drop and the following colony drop on Dublin in ZZ. (Which the Argama crew were able to enter the area and fight in barely after the initial hit and shock.)

It's not like the colony created some x10000000000000 nuclear explosion, despite visuals. Same thing with Char dropping asteroids. (The big reason why it looked so destructive was it being basically a GIANT flaming molten rock.) It's probably more like if you drop a big ball onto sand or water, it obviously creates a big ripple and that greatly disturbs the area around it, but it ends up settling eventually.

Where it hits and what sort of buildings are in the area and such could play a part too.
Old 2009-06-06, 18:59   Link #69
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
What I don't get is that Operation Stardust was successfully and the colony hit its target. Shouldn't there be long lasting effects on whatever the colony hit? Was this ever addressed?
It wasn't quite sucessful. It didn't hit Jaburo as intended; it hit the American midwest - a pretty big place. Stardust Memory started out by reminding us what happened in Operation British after all - a big lake where Sydeney used to be. The remaining Australians must be pretty bloody miserable after that.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 21:22   Link #70
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
It wasn't quite sucessful. It didn't hit Jaburo as intended; it hit the American midwest - a pretty big place. Stardust Memory started out by reminding us what happened in Operation British after all - a big lake where Sydeney used to be. The remaining Australians must be pretty bloody miserable after that.
The colony was never meant to hit Jaburo; most of the Federation merely assumed that that was the target simply because it was, at the time, still their primary HQ. It was always meant to hit the North American midwest in order to hit food supplies and whatnot.

Even if they hit Jaburo, that's only its primary HQ, but that still leaves A LOT of other major bases all over the world that the Federation could easily convert into their new HQ as well. It wouldn't exactly cripple the Federation's standing at all. Hell, the attack on the Naval Review still would've hurt them more than Jaburo getting hit, given it wiped out/disabled at least 2/3 of their ENTIRE battleship fleet.

This would also mean that Jaburo would've been pretty empty overall, thus even less damage to the Federation as a whole.
Old 2009-06-06, 22:10   Link #71
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Also keep in mind that we didn't know the true effect a large object would have on the Earth 30 years ago. I think an asteroid would be more cataclysmic than a colony though because its one big piece.

And as for Char's Counterattack,
Spoiler for Char's Counterattack:
Old 2009-06-07, 07:14   Link #72
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Also keep in mind that we didn't know the true effect a large object would have on the Earth 30 years ago. I think an asteroid would be more cataclysmic than a colony though because its one big piece.

And as for Char's Counterattack,
Spoiler for Char's Counterattack:
It's all a matter of size an speed.

BTW a nuclear winter doesn't require anything nuclear: it is caused when a large amount of particles and/or sulfur are propelled in the atmosphere, obscuring the sunlight as long as they remain in the atmosphere (which can last quite long).

Nuclear holocaust was the prime hypothesis, and the one that gave it it's name: but it in fact it would require A LOT of nuclear explosions, and ground explosions, because airborne explosions don't generate a lot of dust.

More natural causes, involved in the many mass extinctions that occured during the history of life, include asteroid impact (remember this one that fell in the Yucatan at the end of the Cretaceous?), and large volcanic eruptions (actually a much more potent extinction factor).

Spoiler for CCA:

Also, massive colony drop causing a nuclear winter is the premise of After War Gundam X.
Old 2009-06-07, 15:43   Link #73
Ypocaramel

Now I'm an accountant not a science type, but I figure since we that in the series a space colony is mostly hollow inside with lots of open spaces it is mostly air, making the impact less devastating than a rock of the same size. Axis, on the other hand...

Spoiler for For Destiny and Stargazer:
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 00:43   Link #74
SD Crippler

Stardust Memory is my second favorite Gundam series, behind Zeta. You will find many varying opinions in the Gundam fanbase about 0080 and 0083. Some like one, some like the other. Personally, 0080 is my least favorite Gundam series, but I still enjoyed it. Stardust Memory just seemed to 'click' with me.

I also didn't hate Nina. She wasn't exactly my favorite character, but I sure didn't hate her.
SD Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 18:14   Link #75
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
I'd say the best thing in this entire show was 2 things

1.) The winner - the first op...classic 80's song as you can get...awesome
2.) When Gato blasted off in the dropship in africa, the scene with the Zeonic last stand was great

the nina thing though was totally retarded....made absolutely 0 sense. I liked the gundam designs, but this was a rather weaker gundam U.C. offshoot
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:11   Link #76
Z. Kensei
Kensei??

0083 is my second favorite after 00. The show was great, though i felt some episodes mid season slowed it down.The last 3 episodes were superb. Delaz's death, Anavel fighting in his new suit, his duel with Kou, and the Delaz fleet's last stand were some of my favorite moments from the show.
Z. Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 16:43   Link #77
FullFrontal

Well when i saw it, the excitement was there, the mobile suits were cool, i forget his name the dude with the long hair that was an ace zeon pilot!

he was great
FullFrontal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 16:49   Link #78
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFrontal View Post
Well when i saw it, the excitement was there, the mobile suits were cool, i forget his name the dude with the long hair that was an ace zeon pilot!

he was great
The mighty Anavel Gato.
Old 2009-12-13, 02:13   Link #79
Nvis
Where are the good animes

That GP02 is one mean and angry Gundam. Was there any Gundam as mean and angry as that in UC?

Zeta looked sort of angry, but the eyes not as mean as GP02.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 02:16   Link #80
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
That GP02 is one mean and angry Gundam. Was there any Gundam as mean and angry as that in UC?

Zeta looked sort of angry, but the eyes not as mean as GP02.
Psyco Gundam Mark II comes to mind for me.