5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-05-30, 04:22   Link #41
Tenzen12

I quite like Freya, I don't hate Ranka and whatever I feel toward Minmey doesn't change fact that she sing like total amateur.

Minmey got popular because in first Macross ship wasn't really enough people to choose from. It was always "between blind, one eyed King" thing and I am quite sure Kawamori didn't mean it any other way.
Old 2016-05-30, 04:23   Link #42
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I quite like Freya, I don't hate Ranka and whatever I feel toward Minmey doesn't change fact that she sing like total amateur.

Minmey got popular because in first Macross ship wasn't really enough people to choose from. It was always "between blind, one eyed King" thing and I am quite sure Kawamori didn't mean it any other way.
Dude, you're reaching.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 05:07   Link #43
Tenzen12

Not really Minmey songs are rhythmically simple and need only small range, she also doesn't do anything special in it's arrangement. Those are bare fact.
Old 2016-05-30, 06:39   Link #44
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Not really Minmey songs are rhythmically simple and need only small range, she also doesn't do anything special in it's arrangement. Those are bare fact.
Oh, God, I wouldn't want to be you in a while...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 08:11   Link #45
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Before we go waaaaaay of-topic regarding this, please move it to one of the general discussion threads.

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 11:25   Link #46
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Come now, Mirage is doing better. She and Hayate are syncing. Slowly but surely, as demonstrated near the end of this episode.

Also cut her some slack, her grandmother had what? 300 years worth of experience before meeting Max?

- Tak
It's a bit of a mess since in other sources she was only a year older than Max. (16 years old)
But then her whole history as legendary ace makes no sense.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 11:35   Link #47
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
It's a bit of a mess since in other sources she was only a year older than Max. (16 years old)
But then her whole history as legendary ace makes no sense.
When they are micloned, they become normal human beings, and their ages are converted to human standards (if you want to).

Exsedol remarked in the original, asking humans why they are OK with inhabiting such weak bodies. Since the conversion was not entirely perfect, its probably also the reason contributing to Klan's deformation upon being micloned.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 12:58   Link #48
magnuskn

I'm pretty sure the Zentradi technician working on her miclone process was thinking to himself "Working right as intended!" when she came out that way. ^^
Old 2016-05-30, 13:03   Link #49
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I'm pretty sure the Zentradi technician working on her miclone process was thinking to himself "Working right as intended!" when she came out that way. ^^
I have suspicion the technicians are none other than Warera, Rori & Konda from the original.

- Tak (no brownie points guessing correctly what their names mean)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 01:46   Link #50
Father Hentai

Since some are still looking for love triangles... Messer > Kaname >< Arad?

And the Bridge Bunnies did a good job in this episode
Old 2016-05-31, 02:39   Link #51
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Man, if only Walkure sang harder that the Var Syndrome went away from Messer Ihlefeld's body for good. Sadly, I feel that his death is getting closer!

By the way, will it be nice if the New United Nations or any private firm make artificial fold receptors and install to various humanoid beings en masses, even though it'll be inhumane to do so?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 02:40   Link #52
Thess

Messer and Freyja at the end were super-cute. I think that's what he needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Bridge bunnies are throwing red herrings about fake couples because "Oh look they spend some time speaking about work = COUPLE!" which is supposed to be funny because they are always wrong. This episode leans very strongly on Messer/Kaname, IMO. Arad is always pushing Messer to Kaname, rewatch. He's irked when he declines her.

Keith/Chuck's sister-> Messer><Kaname works as triangle, though. :P

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 02:49   Link #53
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
If there was a love triangle there, it'd be more like Messer >< Kaname < Arad.

Although, I don't think Arad is included. I think he's just a bro to both Messer and Kaname.
Old 2016-05-31, 03:46   Link #54
charles883

Man Vars Syndrome mostly cause by Fold bacteria. Reference from Frontier. Also once infected, no cures for it. Poor Messer
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 03:46   Link #55
magnuskn

Okay, anybody who tries to argue how the Windermerans are just sooooo restrained can now right fuck off. They wiped out an entire planet (Alfheim) with their experiments. Fuck those guys.

On another note, those bridge bunnies sure like to gossip. Tsk tsk.
Old 2016-05-31, 04:11   Link #56
laughingwalls

I really like the bokura no senjou song. I think its the best song in the series, though I think it really think Freya's solo version was better.
laughingwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 04:16   Link #57
Thess

Quote:
Okay, anybody who tries to argue how the Windermerans are just sooooo restrained can now right fuck off. They wiped out an entire planet (Alfheim) with their experiments. Fuck those guys.
How can you be sure they did it? Var wasn't used by them until recently (episode 1 was their first time inducing var, iirc, so they mention in their manga. That's why their sortie was meaningful)? Var is spread through the galaxy way before Windermere started using it. It's in the prequel manga with ties in with Frontier. Some other guys are behind it. I'm sure they also mention var incidents unrelated to windermerians in the anime too, after their declaration. Kaname does so.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-05-31, 04:19   Link #58
magnuskn

Is that 100% confirmed from the manga that Windermere is not responsible for it?
Old 2016-05-31, 04:24   Link #59
Thess

Quote:
Is that 100% confirmed from the manga that Windermere is not responsible for it?
Did you check out the prequel manga? They are busy in the middle of a unrest and internal affairs when some humans are experimenting with var simultaneously elsewhere (it's affecting animals too; space bugs). It's spread through the whole Galaxy. Not just their small sector that's the one they care about and have access.

And yeah, chapter 1 of the Windermerians manga does kind of state their first attempt to control and induce it was what we saw in episode 1. If anything, they just learned how to control people with var and how to spread it to target certain enemies (the military). But they didn't come up with it. Roid hates violence, so I doubt he'll indiscriminately off a planet. They have carefully only supplied that combination to military bases when it could have been easier to infect them all.

Old 2016-05-31, 04:29   Link #60
charles883

Well seems in prequel Delta manga , there third party which masked person hinted created Vars in first place using corpse of Vajra

If third party theory are true then they mostly likely sell Vars blueprint to Windermere as they knew due to their over zealot (aka stupidity) as they the one who use dimension weapon just to stir Windermere hatred on NUNS just like how Galaxy conspirator use Galia 4 to stir hatred on innocent Vajra. Main reason was to with Vars syndrome , they can control whole galaxy army. I bet third party will turn against the Windermere (aka quote you outlive your usefulness) and using Vars to mind control Winderemere and at that time army of NUNS invade Windermere.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote