AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-15, 16:05   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka [LN/M] - Character Speculation/Theories: Miyuki

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all speculation, theories, and general discussion related to Miyuki.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourites.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for characters you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel or Social Groups.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 18:21   Link #2
IceHism

I'll be the first to take the dive into this.

On my character ranking list, Miyuki holds the #1 spot with Tatsuya. I feel like it's impossible to talk about one of them without mentioning the other.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 22:23   Link #3
millie10468

I wonder why I don't get mad or feel despondent when people take shots at her even though she's probably my favorite female character. Unlike others who absolutely detest her, my feelings towards her went from indifference-->interest--> like-->love. I think she got me interested in her character around the 9SC arc when Tatsuya's real relation to her was shown. I was extremely interested in seeing what was so special about her and I'm happy that I haven't been disappointed yet. Miyuki is a very special snowflake and if the author would quit shoving that down our throats, most people would see that too.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 23:35   Link #4
Tormenk

Miyuki has been languishing in wasted potential thus far. Sadly I don't see any reason for that to change until the late 2nd year or 3rd year time period in the story.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 04:36   Link #5
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Miyuki will grow to be more powerful than Tatsuya by the end of the story. Tatsuya's basically her "master"--he will guide her, protect her, teach her everything he knows...and one day she will surpass him.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 04:52   Link #6
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I agree with you someday she will rival maya and defeat her
Old 2014-05-16, 05:05   Link #7
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Miyuki will grow to be more powerful than Tatsuya by the end of the story. Tatsuya's basically her "master"--he will guide her, protect her, teach her everything he knows...and one day she will surpass him.
Strategic class freezing magic ??
Hmm, I wonder if its possible to get new ESP powers
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 07:30   Link #8
pampz21
ShipCore

Last but not the least Miyuki are for delusionist!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 08:57   Link #9
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Last but not the least Miyuki are for delusionist!
You do know that it's not convincing at all when you're the one saying that, right?
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 09:13   Link #10
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Oh, and I'm also banking on this scene happening in the future:

Tatsuya, in disguise, will seriously piss off Miyuki by doing the worst possible thing you can do in front of her: insult her brother/himself.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 10:53   Link #11
LKK

Given their near psychic connection that Miyuki talks about in v12, is it possible for Tatsuya to be so disguised that Miyuki wouldn't recognized him?

(Or maybe you were joking? )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 11:35   Link #12
nosaer

Had to be joking lol. Miyuki can smell Tatsuya lol. and in real life its exceedingly difficult to disguise yourself from someone who knows you well. they'll recognize your voice, speech pattern, walking tendencies, and all sorts of physical features that you just can't hide. I mean Erica was able to figure out who lina was even while disguised with parade which is the most advanced disguising system detailed so far. Tatsuya has no chance of fooling miyuki lol.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 12:20   Link #13
Echizen777

When Tatsuya will learn to love I think Miyuki will go Yandere and try to kill his harem, starting by Honoka.
. Her potential as a Yandere must not be wasted, don't you agree?

I hated Miyuki in the first volumes and started to like her in the latter arcs. Still, her thoughts are boring to read and the brocon moments repetitive, her jealousy is extremely irritating, she is much better when she isn't interacting with Tatsuya. Something need to happen so that her character will reset and become Reminiscence Miyuki.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 12:29   Link #14
nosaer

Miyuki is definitely a yandere. She will bury anyone trying to be with tats in deep snow
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 16:13   Link #15
renuac

When people say that Miyuki is a yandere, it feels as wrong as when people claim that Tatsuya is a Gary Stu
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 17:49   Link #16
zerozeronine

Miyuki yandere???Kills the harem?She gets jealous especially with Mayumi but didn't she sometimes allow Honoka have time with Tatsuya?And some of her actions is respective with Honoka's feelings.Looks like Miyuki likes Honoka for her brother.We need a Honoka thread (but I feel she's like Ayumu from Hayate No Gotoku and Onodera from Nisekoi,the one that has the least chance of all)
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 23:13   Link #17
rladls2121

Imagine, me just speaking rudely of Tatsuya for whatever reason or no reason and pointing my finger towards him laughing at him while Mikuki is present, she'll just freeze my whole body just like some random terrorist tried to stab Tatsuya with his/her knife.

As for Tatsuya, his daily life with Miyuki will be a struggle when other females are going to involve.
Miyuki being Yandere is a trivial thing.
Tatsuya ways of doing things is smooth but the problem is that Miyuki always turns any of his smoothness with her ice power.
Even for Tatsuya, might feel an annoyance with Miyuki I bet.

Even so, Miyuki is beautiful to the point it humilates me.
I just cant deny that.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 01:40   Link #18
Echizen777

Miyuki isn't yet Yandere... She is trying to control herself, she will explode someday. Tatsuya can't do any compliments to other girls or people can't even joke that he is liking another woman without her menacing him with a glare or something. She hates every men but Tatsuya and don't want to be touched by them, she even wears a protective barrier in parafin or something when dealing with them in vol 12. And all of this his hidden behind her Yamato Nadeshiko smile, do you think it's normal?.
She respects Honoka's feelings but is still jealous, she wants Tatsuya for herself.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 14:14   Link #19
hchan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I am not saying that she likes him or something. Miyuki doesn't care about him at all, just like all the others men. I wanted to point out that her position as Tatsuya's sister is more disadvantageous than Masaki's position as the next heir. That's basically a love triangle where love is extremely one sided, Masaki loves Miyuki who doesn't care about him and Miyuki loves Tatsuya who only sees her as his sister. That bed scene added nothing that we didn't know, he is only showing stronger emotions related to his friends, his feelings for Miyuki are steady since Miya played with his MCA.

I'd say him wanting to beat Tatsuya is the good method because it will make her rethink about her Onii-sama worshiping( and Kawahara agreees with me ). Like I said earlier, what is really interesting with Masaki isn't only that he is strong, it's that he has the potential to break the status quo. I am tired of the usual cockblocking moment between these two. And really, Tatsuya is the only male magic student of his level actually. It's just like Miyuki when Lina joined 1st high, these magicians are too strong to have rivaling peers.
How is the emotions related to his friends? O_o as he was feeling embarrassed cause his beautiful yet similar to age sister was sleeping next to him. Where did it say the emotions were stronger related to his friends?
hchan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 14:21   Link #20
hchan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I am not saying that she likes him or something. Miyuki doesn't care about him at all, just like all the others men. I wanted to point out that her position as Tatsuya's sister is more disadvantageous than Masaki's position as the next heir. That's basically a love triangle where love is extremely one sided, Masaki loves Miyuki who doesn't care about him and Miyuki loves Tatsuya who only sees her as his sister. That bed scene added nothing that we didn't know, he is only showing stronger emotions related to his friends, his feelings for Miyuki are steady since Miya played with his MCA.

I'd say him wanting to beat Tatsuya is the good method because it will make her rethink about her Onii-sama worshiping( and Kawahara agreees with me ). Like I said earlier, what is really interesting with Masaki isn't only that he is strong, it's that he has the potential to break the status quo. I am tired of the usual cockblocking moment between these two. And really, Tatsuya is the only male magic student of his level actually. It's just like Miyuki when Lina joined 1st high, these magicians are too strong to have rivaling peers.
I get Masaki is going to be next heir but i dont see how its Miyuki's disadvantage as Miyuki will be next heir also. Even if Masaki requests for marriage under the lines of combining the clan or w.e he wants to bs about. She wont even consider it anyways so honestly both sides are in a deadlock for their feelings to someone. Miyuki can only win if Tatsuya slowly gains emotions whereas Masaki never will because even if he takes a political approach his feelings will be denied regardless. If he choses to fight Tatsuya to show his superiority wont change much. It'll just show that Tatsuya isnt the strongest in reality but to Miyuki he will always be the strongest. So regardless what approach Masaki takes to make his advances on Miyuki is useless. Masaki's cockblocking and interruptions are annoying and he really needs to stop makes him look desperate for her attention.
hchan94 is offline   Reply With Quote