Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-13, 05:27   Link #1
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Chapter 419 discussion [spoilers]

As the gates of justice opens the marines are looking in awe. Franky familiy & paulie are still heading (probably) towards the gate with the knocked out sodom and gomorrah.

Luffy and Lucci have trashed the place quite a bit and are eyeballing each other and get ready to get at it again. Meanwhile Franky is hurrying up the stairs to catch up to Spandam. There's a boat ready for Spandam who is dragging a bloody Nico Robin with him. Marines salute him as he makes his way. Robin and Spandam talk a bit and Spandam gets very angry. He violently drags her across the stone brigde and continues to yell things. Robin is having some flashbacks, Spandam stops and lifts Robins head up and they talk some more. Robin yells something in his face and at that moment, just as Franky is making his way up the stairs there's an explosion (I don't quite get this). Franky, pretty hurt, falls into the water.

Spandam quite pleased with himself hurries to the boat when suddenly he's engulfed in flames. The marines are and they too eat a flame star. As you guessed it, Sogeking is ra-ra-ru' ing looking FREAKING COOL and saving the day. (note that he is standing on the roof of the last tower and shoots at an incredible distance) Robin cries and smiles at the same time. Spandam tries something but eats another flamestar. Robin runs for it but the marines aim and shoot. Then Franky appears and blocks the bullets with his body. Zoro and Sanji and everybody say some cool sentence and end chapter

WOW a lot happend! One of the best chapters in months, Usopp Yay yay yay

Old 2006-07-13, 05:50   Link #2
kari-no-sugata

So that's why the tower didn't collapse already
(I was expected more damage from Zoro's fight...)

btw, the stuff Spandam is yelling at Robin is all he knows about Ohara island - including the attack, Sauro etc. Basically, he tells Robin that he's the son of the CP9 commander who ordered the attack. (Ooh, he's going to regret that... heheh)

The reason why Franky is caught in an explosion is because Spandam set the landmine traps in the place on.

"Soge-king" also tells Franky, via denden-mushi (handed over by Nami) that they have all the keys and are sending them over.

Awesome chapter!!
Old 2006-07-13, 07:58   Link #3
RacerX

Thumbs up And Tide Turns in Favor of Our Heros

Yes! Finally two things that I have been waiting for since the beginning of the water 7 arc,

1) I couldn't wait to see Spandam take one in the kisser...

2) The "new and improved" Usopp is back in the action...

However one thing escapes me, what is on the other side of the Gates of Justice, and why is everyone so fearful of it?
Old 2006-07-13, 08:52   Link #4
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX
However one thing escapes me, what is on the other side of the Gates of Justice, and why is everyone so fearful of it?
Impel Down, Navy HQ... and the gates are opening fully to allow some Buster Call ships from Navy HQ through it seems.
Old 2006-07-13, 15:21   Link #5
marvelB

Hoo lordy, this was, without a shadow of a doubt, one of this storyline's most kickass chapters, period! Robin's emotional outburst, Spandam getting blown up (TWICE), Franky protecting Robin, AND Soge King looking badass atop the tower (and singing that song of his!). Soge told Franky that he already shot the keys over to him in a red cloth, so Franky now has all of the keys in his possession. So hopefully, when he gets those cuffs off of Robin, she'll get the ultimate revenge on Spandam by breaking him in half....

The only disappointment about this chapter was that there was so little of the Lucci battle shown (though this is understandable, since Oda had to settle with the Spandam/Robin situation as soon as possible). Lucci noticed that Gear 2 made Luffy tired, but Luffy said that it's alright as long as he just wins the fight. Hopefully, we'll see the fight finish uninterrupted by either next chapter or the one after....

Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention that it's quite interesting to see that the Gate of Justice was fully opened when Kokoro said several chapters back that it usually NEVER fully opens. Looks like that Buster Call is gonna cause some huge destruction soon....
Old 2006-07-13, 22:41   Link #6
RogSqdLdr

Anyone else realize the significance of what those bonehead marines tried to do?

They shot at Robin which would mean this entire arc would have been pointless for the Strawhats AND CP9/the navy. The whole point in capturing Robin was to keep her alive long enough so her abilities in reading the ancient poneglyphs would be realized.

Robin dead and Franky burning up the blueprints equals no Pluton or ancient weapons for the world government. I'm stating the obvious but those marines nearly screwed things up for everybody.

Even if she escaped and made the Strawhats one crew member stronger it wouldn't mean the marines would never have another chance to capture her. At least with her alive the world government could keep sending soldiers/vice admirals/admirals after the Strawhats to capture Robin.

You'd think that the superiors of Navy headquarters would have the sense to relay a message of "WHATEVER YOU DO - DON'T KILL ROBIN" to even the most lowly marines.

Anyways Robin's not dead but shooting at her is enough for those marines to be punished as the next meal for Lucci in his leopard state.
Old 2006-07-14, 05:18   Link #7
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogSqdLdr
Anyone else realize the significance of what those bonehead marines tried to do?

They shot at Robin which would mean this entire arc would have been pointless for the Strawhats AND CP9/the navy. The whole point in capturing Robin was to keep her alive long enough so her abilities in reading the ancient poneglyphs would be realized.
Spandam told them to shoot - but specifically, NOT to kill.
Old 2006-07-14, 05:20   Link #8
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
Hoo lordy, this was, without a shadow of a doubt, one of this storyline's most kickass chapters, period! Robin's emotional outburst, Spandam getting blown up (TWICE), Franky protecting Robin, AND Soge King looking badass atop the tower (and singing that song of his!). Soge told Franky that he already shot the keys over to him in a red cloth, so Franky now has all of the keys in his possession. So hopefully, when he gets those cuffs off of Robin, she'll get the ultimate revenge on Spandam by breaking him in half....

The only disappointment about this chapter was that there was so little of the Lucci battle shown (though this is understandable, since Oda had to settle with the Spandam/Robin situation as soon as possible). Lucci noticed that Gear 2 made Luffy tired, but Luffy said that it's alright as long as he just wins the fight. Hopefully, we'll see the fight finish uninterrupted by either next chapter or the one after....
I wonder what the chance is that none of the 5 keys are the right one. eg, Robin's cuffs are "6" or something, and Lucci has the right one. Luffy and Lucci's fight would suddenly become a lot more important. We should find out next chapter.
Old 2006-07-14, 05:45   Link #9
ShikaShika
無罪

Wow. That was an awsome chapter, and I thought the last one was awsome too... One Piece is just getting better and better. Only thing I missed was Nami. I'd think she could put up a good long distance fight as well, blasting away some of those marines. I suppose she already got her moment to shine though.
Old 2006-07-14, 15:06   Link #10
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah, kickass chapter. SOGEKINGUUUUU! picking off all those marines and blowing Spandam away.

And Franky saving Robin from the bullets.

I was wondering where Nami was too.
Old 2006-07-14, 15:17   Link #11
Undertaker

This is an awsome chapter. Soge King kick ass. To sort out the summary a bit more:

1) Luffy and Lucchi are in stand-off, Lucchi is surprised by Gear 2 and also notice that its taking a toll on Luffy's body.

2) Spandam drags a bloody Robin across bridge tell Robin he knows everything about Ohara incident inculding Sauro and her mother Olivia (but didn't mention Aoi Kaji) as well as the betrayal Robin went through while she's was a kid due to the greedy adults. He also mentioned that the CP9 commander at time was his father and it was also his father that put the bounty on her. And it is fitting that the son finished up the job the father started.

3) Franky got blast by mines that Spandem had planted earlier, and Robin started to cry again regreting getting everyone involved.

4) Spandam got blew out along with couple of guards. Guard finally located the source and it's the ass-kicking Soge-King from the top of the tower with a awsome pose and singing his theme song ^__^

5) Zoro and Sanji appears below them and Sanji remarks "Take that Marines, This is OUR sniper !! See how awsome he is, you should run while you got chance"

6) Robin starts to run back, Spandam order guards to shoot her yelling that as long as they didnn't kill her anything is fine, even if she's barely alive. Than he got blasted again by Soge King.

7) Franky showed up and blocked all the shots for Robin, Robin seems worried, but Franky assured that he's fine since he's made up with irons. He than ask Spandam if he has anymore mine laying around because he took care everyone of them in the back.

8) Soge King contacted Franky via denden-mushi and ask if he see a pouch next to his feet, Franky sees it, than Soge King said that inside the pouch are the keys from Zoro and Sanji and he has now safely delivered them to him. With Sanji exclaim with excitment and Zoro cooly telling Franky to hurry up trouble's coming.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2006-07-14 at 15:41.
Old 2006-07-14, 22:37   Link #12
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Yes yes! A great chapter! Time for Sogeking and Franky to shine!
My poor Robin, I hope she'll kick some ass too...

(And I'll add that Sanji is really a great friend who's able to acknowledge Usopp's skills )
Old 2006-07-15, 01:30   Link #13
ragweed
woah woah!

That single page makes One Piece the best friggin series EVER.
Old 2006-07-15, 11:11   Link #14
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I liked Zoro's line, "Is the singing really necessary?"
Old 2006-07-15, 15:15   Link #15
Tsukishirou

LOL, If Lucci is the one with the key, this would actually get interesting beyond limits. And why are Zoro and Sanji just watching, shouldnīt they follow Franky?
Old 2006-07-16, 03:30   Link #16
marvelB

I don't think that Lucci has a key (...anymore). Spandam was pretty shocked when Soge King said that all the other keys were delivered, so I think it's kinda late to reveal another key now when Lucci and Luffy are already in the middle of fighting (and not to mention that Buster Call getting nearer....). It may be possible that NONE of the keys are the right one, and Spandam made all of the SHs go through all of that fighting for nothing (that's certainly what a rotten bastard like him would do..), but again, his shocked expression tells me otherwise. It's most likely he'll put up a last stand with Funk Freed to prevent Franky from using the keys, which should be interesting enough (wonder what other crazy stuff that elephant can do...).

Oh, and I'm still hoping that Hattori will be some last-resort DF weapon that Lucci will use on Luffy.
Old 2006-07-16, 10:02   Link #17
ghost89475

Needless to say, I'm with everyone in the feeling that this chapter was awesome!!
What a pleasant surprise to have Sogeking/ussop shine like that, doing what was absolutely necessary, not to say smart, at that time.

Ahhh... all the keys have been gathered = all CP9 who possessed the keys have been defeated... I think spandem should have a heart attack, given that he was sooooo confident the SHs wouldn't have gotten even one...

Nice one from the SHs. ^_^
Old 2006-07-16, 15:59   Link #18
Tsukishirou

I donīt think Spandam is surprised by the keys, but how they got there
Old 2006-07-16, 20:57   Link #19
tolan
franky family

Send a message via AIM to tolan
My love for franky just keeps growing and growing. I'll be heartbroken if he doesn't end up as a strawhat.

Sogeking is -hot- in this chapter.

It kinda seems like everything is falling into place *too* easily, I wonder what's gonna happen in these next few chapters.
Old 2006-07-16, 22:33   Link #20
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukishirou
I donīt think Spandam is surprised by the keys, but how they got there
No, I think he's more surprised at how they GOT the keys..he just realized that all of CP9 just got defeated. His team of assassins that he was sure were unbeatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolan
My love for franky just keeps growing and growing. I'll be heartbroken if he doesn't end up as a strawhat.
Same here

Quote:
Sogeking is -hot- in this chapter.
Indeed

Quote:
It kinda seems like everything is falling into place *too* easily, I wonder what's gonna happen in these next few chapters.
Yeah, you know that something is going to go wrong to put a chink in the plan next chapter...
Closed Thread