AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-06, 11:40   Link #41
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Yes! GOG.com will be selling Bloodstained once it's released.
Old 2015-06-06, 16:59   Link #42
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
No love for the Dracula X remake? I thought it was pretty good.... and hey, it's hard to beat the fact that it even contained ports of the original PCE version AND SOTN (though the latter sadly alters the script/voices from the original PS1 version....).
Quite honestly, I liked the GBA games a lot more. As for SotN, I prefer the PS1 version...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 20:50   Link #43
Freeter
beyond

Early in-game footage

Looks close enough to the concept art, so any fears of another MN9 are squashed. Can't wait to see how it'll look with the added details.
Old 2015-06-08, 23:01   Link #44
Chase

Yeah, she looks very good visually already. I agree with the jogging animation as well. Kinda surprised he would even bother to show this already but its cool stuff.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 01:34   Link #45
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Scratch what I said in page #2, apparently the goals were not so impossible after all, with something over $5.5m funded 0_0 Now, IGA has to forge 4 silver rings in addition to planning 3 dinners and gaming parties...oh, and making the game, duh I'm surprised at how many of these packages sold out but also at the number of goals (25 not counting the "mini"-music goals).

And so we wait...game should be out in a year or so, taking into account some sort of delay. Looking forward to it!
Old 2016-06-08, 22:37   Link #46
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

First gameplay footage.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-06-13, 05:24   Link #47
endarion88

so since i donated 60$..how i'm supposed to access the deno? it was today right?
Old 2016-06-13, 05:54   Link #48
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
First gameplay footage.
YouTube
Amazing. Already look better than No.9.

Can't wait for the game. Also, the music is good in that footage.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 08:46   Link #49
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Two Best Friends play the E3 demo.

Old 2016-07-05, 09:03   Link #50
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's been a year and some since my last post, so let's see what we got here!

Looking pretty good there. I always liked the level up mechanics since...uh, I think it was aria of dissonance. The theme is fitting, the platforms are properly placed, the controls seem very stable - can't find anything not to like, except the obvious fact that you're in a ship, not a castle...however, since this is obviously the introductory stage and your ship is bound to crash into the actual castle, this can be overlooked.
Old 2016-07-11, 05:11   Link #51
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-07-11, 06:00   Link #52
cloud04
Scanlator

played this on AX, reminds me of valkyrie profile, although at 1st i thought it was gonna be on chibi mode since the other poster for this was somewhat chibi anime style
Old 2016-07-14, 15:24   Link #53
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
played this on AX, reminds me of valkyrie profile, although at 1st i thought it was gonna be on chibi mode since the other poster for this was somewhat chibi anime style
are you sure you got the right thread? this never had anything chibi and has nothing in common with valkyrie profile o.O
Old 2017-06-09, 15:01   Link #54
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

E3 2017 Trailer.

YouTube
Old 2020-06-23, 13:06   Link #55
Twi

The Zangetsu DLC came out a few weeks ago and Curse of the Moon is getting a sequel.

YouTube
Old 2020-06-29, 00:16   Link #56
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
The Zangetsu DLC came out a few weeks ago and Curse of the Moon is getting a sequel.

YouTube
Buying it on day 1... no queston asked...
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-02, 06:46   Link #57
Twi

The main game is getting more updates:

https://nintendoeverything.com/blood...uly-2-details/

One is Boss Revenge Mode, where you can play as the bosses against Miraim, Zangetsu, and Dominque.The other is more color options on the barber.

They also have it so the following modes are unlocked when you start the game:
Speedrun Mode – Unlocked
Randomizer Mode – Unlocked
Boss Revenge Mode – Unlocked
Zangetsu – Unlocked

These requires game progression to access:

Boss Rush
Hard Difficulty
Nightmare Difficulty
Old 2020-07-10, 17:28   Link #58
Twi

Curse of the Moon 2 has come out today if you're into that.
Old 2020-08-08, 02:11   Link #59
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I FINALLY got around to playing the game, and I honestly cannot rate it anything less than 10/10. Here are my thoughts:

- Gameplay. It's an incredibly fun game. You are given many different weapon options, some of which have special abilities, and shards on top of that. You can get really creative killing your opponents and experimentation never stops, even after NG+. Crafting is a good supplement to treasure hunting, and quests offer a lot of help for only a little trouble. The food alone is worth the trip!

- It has a perfect difficulty ramp. Even the galleon boss is no pushover the first time you play - I'm a seasoned gamer and still made it with under 20% HP, it was a memorable fight. I actually lost to the second boss once before beating it, but I also got 2-3 medals on my first run on other bosses. Some have gimmicks, some have varying patterns, but they're all very viable without having to grind like a madman. The last few bosses are easy, but by that point Miriam is broken AF. Bosses aside, normal enemies do not present as much difficulty, but they do get a few hits in, making potions and save points an absolute necessity, especially when environmental hazards are added in the mix.

- Dungeoneering. I take my hat off to whoever made the map, each stage is unique, with the exception of entrance and Dian Cecht cathedral. Most stages are also pretty large - not dungeon crawling large, but big enough to warrant a trip back to Arvantville halfway through. The ability to mark the map allows you to remember which places are gated by special platforming abilities that you lack, so that you can return afterwards. There's also not a lot of backtracking going on, which is a huge plus.

- Music. I can't decide which theme I like the best, it's as simple as that. The voice acting (at least the english version) is on point, I'm running through JP now.

- Graphics and art style. Classic IGA notes everywhere, but even for a newcomer, few palette swaps and even the lanterns have varying options.

- Progress. As I mentioned before, I'm very experienced with games like this, I've even played all the GBA Castlevania titles, but even so, I got STUMPED! Dominique helps a bit (she could really give an extra hint or two), but if you do a blind run, you'll have to really think a lot about how to progress at least three times in the game. The fourth one I can think of is kind of easy, if you've been paying attention. Some may see it as a detriment, but I think it added to the experience, and even though the second instance was highly annoying, because I had to scour the entire map just to find ONE ITEM to continue, I came to respect that choice later on.

- Completion. The game is easy to 100%, 34 hours to platinum and I spent a lot of time just having fun, I was actually LV89 at the end of my first run.

- Grinding. If you go for 100%, you'll obviously have to grind for a while, be it shards, items or money. I can't quite put my finger on how, but the game's made grinding fun. Maybe because it's fast? I don't know.

Anyway, that's all I can think of atm, this is so far the best game I've played and the most enjoyable by far, I highly recommend it to anyone with a platform except switch, and the best part is, there's still stuff coming out! For now, I'll move on to curse of the moon...

EDIT: Finished curse of the moon today, took 6-7 runs for all the endings. Fun game, strangely addictive when you take into consideration just how repetitive it is, but I guess it's just that well-made. Even on my sixth run, I kept finding new places to go. Anyway, back to the important stuff!

Characters: everyone is super strong on the stage you recruit them, but overall, I'd say Gebel is by far the best character, followed by Miriam. They're the ones I missed the most when playing solo with Zangetsu, especially on stages 6 and 7. Alfred is amazing at bosses, but for the rest of the game, he's just there to open up shortcuts, the toughest of which requires a freeze arrow and Miriam's axe to unlock.

Gameplay: solid stuff. Somewhat stiff controls, like in the old days, but you can attack behind your back after jumping, or redirect after a double jump, so it's a lot more fluid than what it seems. I played 4 runs on veteran, but I picked casual for the last few, pitfalls are always a really hard pill to swallow, especially when you're lacking most of your resources. Boss rush mode was REALLY hard, it had me thinking all sorts of crazy things, like going naked for the first two bosses, using Miriam's knives for Valefor, Zangetsu's rage for Valaak, and most importantly, freeze+axe for Andrealphus; two hits are enough to K.O., it was an amazing discovery for me. It is also in boss rush that I learned how to dodge some desperation attacks, like using bat form to dash into Bloodless' first two spins.

Overall: the music score is sick AF and only gets better the more you listen to it. Game could use a co-op mode. 10h to completion, about as low as I'd have it for an indie game.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2020-08-15 at 06:19.
Old 2020-11-22, 13:39   Link #60
Twi

So, this is a thing now:

YouTube

You can play as Bloodless on all of the versions barring Switch, which comes out next month.