Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2022-12-15, 14:23   Link #21
Marina2

Ep.4

Shigure: Then, we all survived? Yay!
Mogami: Yes, but.....

Everyone in the fleet beside Shigure and Mogami actually left the base. And they actually showed Admiral face!

I am surprised that Mogami didn't left with them too considering the real history...maybe it because she didn't get sunk but got badly damaged and scuttled later. Well, there was that long pause between her and Shigure maybe it was a hint for that. I like the scene where Michishio's 'illusion' walked to Shigure and hug her.

The second half where Shigure went out into the city was the most non-kancolle thing so far in anime adaptation. We have seen some hint from OP/ED and previous episodes but look like Shigure and Yukikaze will really become friend.

One really noticeable thing in this episode is the usage of nonverbal communication. Characters has used so many nodding, eyes contact, long pause, gesture and smile in this episode alone.

Last edited by Marina2; 2022-12-15 at 14:40.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-15, 15:46   Link #22
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

My expectations weren't that high to begin with, but I'm honestly a bit disturbed by the glacial pace of this season. I would honestly have far less complaints if we had a regular season of a full cour, but since it is scheduled to be 8 episodes, I'm pretty baffled that we are already past half of it and nothing of note really happened aside of Nishimura fleet being decimated.

My biggest issue is that the anime staff put way too much emphasis on Shigure's trauma to the detriment of her interactions with the cast. Because of this, there are many very awkward "empty" moments left and right. Sure, it is meaningful for a character like Shigure but since she doesn't really interact with other characters, she looks incredibly passive as result, except when Fusou, Yamashiro and the rest of desron 4 got dismissed.
I think they could have balanced this episode much better instead of being too focused on Shigure's PTSD. If anything, I'm more annoyed by the fact they didn't really took this chance to show Yukikaze and Shigure becoming friends with actual dialogues and the likes.

At least they didn't use the self insert Admiral this time around, but he felt more like a background character than an actual important figure in the cast. I think it would have made more sense to have the Admiral as the main focus of the first half. Something like him assessing the gains and loss of that operation, his actual thoughts of being forced to use the 1st Strike Force as bait and the impact of losing its members aside of Shigure and Mogami. Then in the second half, it would have been nice to have some quality time between Shigure and Yukikaze.
Old 2022-12-16, 01:56   Link #23
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Yamashiro imo should have stayed dead. It makes for a better impact for this show.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-16, 15:58   Link #24
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
My expectations weren't that high to begin with, but I'm honestly a bit disturbed by the glacial pace of this season. I would honestly have far less complaints if we had a regular season of a full cour, but since it is scheduled to be 8 episodes, I'm pretty baffled that we are already past half of it and nothing of note really happened aside of Nishimura fleet being decimated.

My biggest issue is that the anime staff put way too much emphasis on Shigure's trauma to the detriment of her interactions with the cast. Because of this, there are many very awkward "empty" moments left and right. Sure, it is meaningful for a character like Shigure but since she doesn't really interact with other characters, she looks incredibly passive as result, except when Fusou, Yamashiro and the rest of desron 4 got dismissed.
I think they could have balanced this episode much better instead of being too focused on Shigure's PTSD. If anything, I'm more annoyed by the fact they didn't really took this chance to show Yukikaze and Shigure becoming friends with actual dialogues and the likes.

At least they didn't use the self insert Admiral this time around, but he felt more like a background character than an actual important figure in the cast. I think it would have made more sense to have the Admiral as the main focus of the first half. Something like him assessing the gains and loss of that operation, his actual thoughts of being forced to use the 1st Strike Force as bait and the impact of losing its members aside of Shigure and Mogami. Then in the second half, it would have been nice to have some quality time between Shigure and Yukikaze.
Another bothersome thing that was hard to notice:
The admiral is all like "well, I guess we won't see each other again" when he says goodbye to the Fusous.
Which wouldn't be a problem if they weren't married. (Fusou has a ring).

To be fair she could be married to someone else too, but they still kinda randomly dropped that one on the viewers.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-18, 19:20   Link #25
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
That said, Saki Fujita is carrying the show. Hopefully, Yuki Tamada will help it when episode 5 comes.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-18, 22:58   Link #26
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Regarding this being in the showa Era:

That's one of the few weird things this particular season is apparently going with that seems to partially contradict stuff previously shown. Going by the title, this season is set in 1944.

However, if this is actually set during World War II... How could Akagi remember her actual sinking?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2022-12-19, 00:25   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

I can agree with that. He seems like a good guy. But staying very locked into Shigure's point of view does take away from some things. Would have been nice to spend more time with him. Especially since all of this must be taking a toll on him as well. Would have been good just focusing on that perspective, have him interact with a few other characters while working through the positives and negatives of the latest operation. But hey, at least he counts as a character.

Does feel like they were a bit too focused on the heavy weight of Shigure's trauma and didn't take the chance to focus on other things. It definitely worked for making an episode that felt heavy. But I would have been good with focusing more on the bonding done between Shigure and Yukikaze. Especially since Yukikaze seems rather set up for her own trauma and drama going on. So would be easier to get into that if we got to know her more than during brief highlight packs of her and Shigure bonding.
Old 2022-12-22, 14:24   Link #28
Marina2

Ep.5

Cute and relaxing episode with Shigure and her new teammates.

Look like the last three eps. will be one big battle and that's it.

Oh look like ENGI is having a hard time with this show. There is another delay........next ep. will air on 19th January.
Old 2022-12-22, 19:57   Link #29
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's the kind of balance that would have been welcomed right from the start of the series, even if it would have been more gloom due to 1st Strike Force original purpose. I'm still not too sure we still have so many one lines with awkward pause on some girls, but well, I guess that's pretty much how the director wanted to convey things. And it is good to see they acknowledged the existence of submarine kanmusu without worrying about how to animate them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Oh look like ENGI is having a hard time with this show. There is another delay........next ep. will air on 19th January.
Actually, that's not a delay but a re-schedule of the episodes. Episode 4 date was announced late due to "production circumstances" whereas Episode 6 wasn't.
The reason is that production commitee has to settle TV air slots in advance, but because they had to delay production for 3 weeks, they obviously couldn't squeeze episode 6, 7 and 8 since the last episode was supposed to air today after all, so they had to reschedule them for 2023 as result.
Old 2023-01-19, 16:27   Link #30
Dop
Mmmm....

As I watched episode six, I found myself wondering "Maybe this was so late because of all the time they spent animating the launch sequence?". Anyone heard anything about when episode 7 will air or have they found timeslots already?
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 19:30   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, the problem is that we have absolutely no information regarding their production issues, so it could be a lot of stuff.
They've announced that Episode 7 will be broadcasted on 12th February.
Old 2023-01-19, 22:58   Link #32
Kazu-kun

It felt like Yamashiro was protecting Shigure. That would feel way more impactful if Yamashiro was dead though. lol

But I guess it wasn't half bad. I like Shigure as a protagonist if nothing else.
Old 2023-01-20, 03:40   Link #33
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
As I watched episode six, I found myself wondering "Maybe this was so late because of all the time they spent animating the launch sequence?".
I felt like they ran out of budget animating their sexy legs and needed both time and money for this

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 15:32.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-20, 06:27   Link #34
Marina2

Is Yukikaze's stomachache part of her luck? It prevented her from entering the dangerous mission in the first place

Am I only one who found it weird how everyone keep saying Shigure name during the battle?

Many scenes in episode 6 looks petty good, I heard this episode was outsourced to Korea studio or something.

Last edited by Marina2; 2023-01-20 at 06:42.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-13, 00:53   Link #35
Marina2

Shigure Kai-3

Now, that's something new.
Old 2023-02-13, 15:00   Link #36
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-02-13, 20:47   Link #37
Kazu-kun

So, episode 8 is the last one, huh? It's a shame. I was starting to like Shigure.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2023-02-13 at 22:58.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-25, 11:06   Link #38
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I wonder iof they'll do anything about bringing the Fusous and the others back. Going by the Movie it should be possible.
Also has anyone noticed the distinctive lack of a certain other destroyer alongside Yamato?

That being said, in general it seems like it's not 1944 but they let them think it's 1944? Down to places where people dress the part en masse?
I guess that is why so many of them sank, literally condemned to repeat.

I didn't expect Yamato to be such a good flagship btw. Though it feels a bit like she is micromanaging.
Iowa was the right reinfocement there, as her super-heavy shells have the same penetration power as Yamatos much larger shells

So my guess is: They didn't loose that many ships, but then no-face admiral died for the sake of us getting a proper one.

I do wonder why we didn't see either of the Fletchers. or Atlanta.. Given the amount of planes there they'd have a blast.

Of course this is ending with our two lucky shots torpedoing everything.

Also wait... Destroyers are tall enough to drive?!

And the final moments also tell us: Yes, you can put them on boats. US Carriers now shipgirl carriers, I guess. Also they do recognize the existence of actual ships there.

Old 2023-03-25, 18:19   Link #39
Kazu-kun

As a non-player who knows nothing about the lore of the game, I would assume the girls simply reincarnated as normal humans in a happier time (aka modern Japan). At the very least that's my uneducated interpretation for the montage at the end.
Old 2023-03-25, 22:15   Link #40
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
As a non-player who knows nothing about the lore of the game, I would assume the girls simply reincarnated as normal humans in a happier time (aka modern Japan). At the very least that's my uneducated interpretation for the montage at the end.
Not sure if you've seen the prequel, where they were a bit more clear about it. While it's a fair, and possible interpretation, they do remember their sinking. - In other words, it's very likely not 1944 as the title suggests.

Reincarnation would indeed explain suited up admiral, though there are dozens of other explanations for that. - It would also be rather sad, as he is apparently no longer married to Fusou. (a detail many people overlooked)

Then again, it creates new problems, for example Yamato's height or the Assashio class girls being considered old enough to get a driving license. Though Yamato does indeed look more normal sized in the ED.