Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-31, 14:11   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

KanColle - Requests for new threads

Since the Kantai Collection -KanColle- forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Kantai Collection -KanColle- thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 03:36   Link #2
Death Usagi
Banned

Requesting a Manga Thread for the Kantai Collection - Torpedo Squadron Chronicles.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 03:53   Link #3
msg

Request thread for soon-to-be/not yet released ships in kancolle including discussion about incomplete/cancelled ships in IJN - e.g Yamato class unnamed ship no.111, Tosa class, design a-150 class, etc...plus others IJN axis partners ships:Kriegmarine and Regia Marina
Old 2015-02-01, 05:25   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Requesting a Manga Thread for the Kantai Collection - Torpedo Squadron Chronicles.
Is there any official website for it? What's the actual name of this one? I don't remember any manga of that kind, except the anthology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Request thread for soon-to-be/not yet released ships in kancolle including discussion about incomplete/cancelled ships in IJN - e.g Yamato class unnamed ship no.111, Tosa class, design a-150 class, etc...plus others IJN axis partners ships:Kriegmarine and Regia Marina
To be honest, I don't think this needs a thread on its own, as due to the humongous number of possible ships (especially we don't know if there will be Allies or not), it will derail in a mere "ship" discussion instead of being focused on the franchise.
Old 2015-02-01, 17:35   Link #5
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Is there any official website for it? What's the actual name of this one? I don't remember any manga of that kind, except the anthology.
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/321310000293/

It's not an anthology, and the name is exact as I have just said: "Torpedo Squadron Chronicles". It's an actual KanColle manga series serialization, a story about the growth of 6th Destroyer Division, with a badass Tenryuu and Tatsuta as their mentor. The story is very good where I feel it might even be better than the anime in terms of the storyline.

Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 20:38   Link #6
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Requesting a thread for all Shinkaisen/Abyss ships.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 17:11   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

To be really honest, I often see discussions related to certain pictures or things like doujinshi, but... do we really have materials to discuss about the abyssals as characters? Even with Hoppou, this is rather... light in term of discussion subject.
Old 2015-02-04, 06:42   Link #8
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Episode 5 will be up in a few hours, so requesting a thread for it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 08:39   Link #9
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Submarine thread.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 10:45   Link #10
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Submarine thread.
Have subs appeared in the anime?
Old 2015-02-04, 10:55   Link #11
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Have subs appeared in the anime?
Given that the game's also being discussed in this sub-forum (no pun intended) I don't see a problem with a Submarine thread.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 11:01   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Episode 5 will be up in a few hours, so requesting a thread for it.
I was actually waiting for the episode to be aired within 1 hour or so to avoid a surge of posts out of nowhere. It is now available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Submarine thread.
Since the subforum is anime centred, I will not create a submarine thread yet. If they aren't showing up in the anime at all, I will create a thread for them after the series is over, unless it is requested by several people.
Old 2015-02-07, 10:38   Link #13
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

How about having a Music Discussion OP/ED & OST, etc. Thread?
Old 2015-02-07, 12:00   Link #14
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Thread has been created.
Old 2015-03-10, 09:37   Link #15
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

May we have a combined OC/Fanfiction thread? I'm sure we have at least some folks who would like to share their creativity, be it in writing, or in original Kanmusu while we wait for Tanaka to bring out his =3

Of course, for original Kanmusu, we have to insist that, like existing/canon Kanmusu, they MUST be based on existing ships.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 13:28   Link #16
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I will be honest here: I'm not completely sold about your suggestion regarding OC thread.

Certainly, I wouldn't be surprised if some people would be quite active it there were a thread like that, but... I'm certainly not enjoying the prospect of having the thread derailed because there is some decrepencies regarding ship spec and/or background leading to offtopic discussions. That's why I turned down msg's suggestion a while ago.

As for fanfic thread, I don't see any problem with that.
Old 2015-03-10, 13:39   Link #17
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I will be honest here: I'm not completely sold about your suggestion regarding OC thread.

Certainly, I wouldn't be surprised if some people would be quite active it there were a thread like that, but... I'm certainly not enjoying the prospect of having the thread derailed because there is some decrepencies regarding ship spec and/or background leading to offtopic discussions. That's why I turned down msg's suggestion a while ago.

As for fanfic thread, I don't see any problem with that.
Noted. To be honest, I'm not too hot on having a thread that deals solely with OCs too, though my concerns are more towards whether it'll just degenerate into pages of self-wank that leads to even more self-wank and no proper writing

Though for someone who used to hang around at the Nanoha OCT, I probably come off sounding like a hypocrite

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 11:21   Link #18
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Can we have the thread for Episode 11? It is out.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 05:51   Link #19
chaosprophet

Rather than a request, this is more like a question as I don't remember very well how these work in AS sub forums. Will there be a thread later for our appreciation of season overall, or should we use the thread for episode 12 for that?
Old 2015-03-26, 05:57   Link #20
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They are usually created a week after the last episode , but considering the recent comments that refer to the whole series instead of the last episode alone, I will create the thread sooner than planned.