Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-06-14, 22:22   Link #21
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Undertaker
You see, I might be a little late since this movie is old, but I watched it recently, and I'm really confused. The movie never really explained how Akito and Yurika became what they were. How did Akito lose all his senses? Who's that little girl with him? How did Yurika become that jumping cube? (sorry I forgot the name, B-...Jump I think lol) If someone knows the answers to these questions, please tell me, it's really troubling me lol. Thank you
Akito and Yurika were captured after their wedding by the Martian Successors and experimented on.
The end result was Yurika fusing with the Bosun Jump cube and Akito becoming messed up
the movie never explained it because the stuff in between the TV series and movie happened in a series of novels (sort of like all those Star Wars novels)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 23:09   Link #22
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I assume that you have watched the TV series right? at the end of the TV series both Earth and Jovians lost, the evil company NERGAL got the Relic which is the control nexus for all Boson Jumps. After that these events happened :

NERGAL worked with the Jovian group called Martian Successors secretly to develop the "one-man one-ship" battleship design project, while setting up the Boson Jump systems with the United Earth Spacy. NERGAL did a new human genetic augmentation experiment trying to make a new Ruri Hoshino type of genius who can operate the "one-man one-ship" battleship, result in the little girl named Lapis.

Akito and Yurika got married (mentioned in the OVA)

Martian Successors betrayed NERGAL and tried to abduct all the people who had the ability to control the Relic. Yurika and Akito got abducted in their honeymoon trip. Lapis got abducted. They did experiments on Akito and Lapis which destroyed Akito's senses and Lapis' emotions (thus they depend on each other so much, as told in the movie, Lapis becomes Akito's senses, Akito becomes Lapis' emotions). After Akito's failure, finally they successfully merged Yurika with the Relic to gain control over Boson Jumps.

NERGAL rescued Akito and Lapis and built battleship Eucharis to serve as the mothership for Akito's new Black Serana mech, this ship is of "one-man one-ship" design (most heavily armed with four gravity blast cannons because it's intended for real battle) which is single-handedly operated by Lapis. They use Akito and Lapis to attack the Martian Successors.

Meanwhile NERGAL built Nadesico B as part of their "one-man one-ship" project (pretty lightly armed with one gravity blast cannon since it's just for experimental use) and let Ruri Hoshino be the operator, and give the ship to Unite Earth Spacy to gain experimental data. And Nadesico C is being built with an internal Boson Jump engine, one gravity blast cannon, mount point for Y-Unit for Transposition Cannon, and most important of all, the improved communication system which will enable Ruri and Omoikane to hack into and take over any enemy system (thus when Ruri and Omoikane come together, they become absolutely invincible).

what happened next is in the movie.

one thing I found really cool about the Nadesico series and movie is that the real evil party (NERGAL) always win in the end. Akatsuki Nagare is simply so COOL

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-06-14 at 23:45.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 23:27   Link #23
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
one thing I found really cool about the Nadesico series and movie is that the real evil party (NERGAL) always win in the end. Akatsuki Nagare is simply so COOL
as such, can you really call them evil?
what drew me into the whole Nadesico universe was the idea that there weren't really any true good or bad guys (much like in Slayers) and there was no right or wrong way to do things...after all, none of the villains ever sought complete annihalation or destruction of the other party (the jovians' idea was to retake the Earth, not completely destroy earth-born humans)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 23:39   Link #24
dreamless

If there's one thing that can be called "evil" in Nadesico universe, it's NERGAL. Both the Jovians and Earth fight for their ideals, even the Martian Successors have some higher cause/ideals so they think they are fighting a holy war. NERGAL is different, NERGAL is the typical power-crazy money-hungry evil mega-cooperation which only works for profit, for its own gain, and nothing else. They have no higher cause or any ideals, they have no moral restrictions, they are just a bunch of blood-sucking self-centered businessmen. They will co-operate with any side to get more profit for themselves. That makes them the only "evil party" if you ask me, or at least more evil than anyone else. And evil doesn't mean pointless slaughter, that's just madness. If they have more use alive, then use them in anyway possible while they are alive to benefit oneself, that's what true manipulative evil (and IMO the greatest and most dangerous type of evil) is. That also makes them so cool
Old 2004-06-15, 00:05   Link #25
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

So all this is explained in the manga?
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 00:52   Link #26
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Quote:

No, the events that happen between the TV series and the movie are in the dreamcast/saturn game (i forget which) "The Blank of Three Years".
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 02:00   Link #27
Archaic

The manga provides a totally different Nadesico timeline, which doesn't mesh with most of the anime/game. For example

Spoiler:
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 02:04   Link #28
dreamless

Quote:
no, and avoid the manga, it's by far inferior to the anime. And the story is largely unrelated despite some similar character designs and names.
Old 2004-06-15, 02:17   Link #29
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Nope the manga is completly different.
Anyway Negal isn't evil. they're just out to serve their own interests. The uef was out to serve there own interests. The Jovians were the same. Negal was just tying to make a quick buck. Still they weren't exactly the good guys either...
Of course there were some members on all sides that took advantage of the situations in a rather twisted way...
Really, the term evil is thrown around too much these days...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
the jovians' idea was to retake the Earth, not completely destroy earth-born humans
True, but the peace terms they offered weren't exactly generous. I believe they demanded; complete dissolution of large corporations, control of all major industry, conversion of political and social ideology, and a complete disarming of the military. Of course that may have been designed to provoke Shiratori so they could kill him and blame it on earth.
Old 2004-06-15, 02:30   Link #30
dreamless

well, Jovians actually have some valid reason to attack Earth and not trusting Earth, the Earth government could be evil, but now they are more like cornered and fight for their lives. The Martian Successors are some idealist extremists.

Nergal is completely self-serving, with no regards to anything else. And I think that qualifies as evil as possible. When we say someone is evil, most of the time it's that guy is extremely selfish and can go to any extremes to benefit himself, including hurting and harming others, which is exactly Nergal doing. For their own profit, they don't care about human lives, they perform genetic experiments with no moral restrictions, they manipulate others through lies, threats and forces to do their bidding. If that's not evil, what is? I'd say Nergal is the only side in Nadesico which qualifies as truly evil.
Old 2004-06-15, 15:57   Link #31
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

Hm...that explains a lot. Was there a sequel after Prince of Darkness?
Old 2004-06-15, 16:03   Link #32
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Hm...that explains a lot. Was there a sequel after Prince of Darkness?
Nope and it's been about 7 years since it came out too.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 17:29   Link #33
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

More things happen in another video game set after the movie where Yurika and Ruri go looking for Akito.
Old 2004-06-15, 19:46   Link #34
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

really?! you wouldn't happen to know what happened would you?
Old 2004-06-15, 21:27   Link #35
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
More things happen in another video game set after the movie where Yurika and Ruri go looking for Akito.
I have that game. It's been a while since I played it though, and with my limited japanese, I couldn't give any details about it. It was a good game though.
Old 2004-06-16, 00:16   Link #36
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Quote:
really?! you wouldn't happen to know what happened would you?
That's about all I know of what happens in the game, sorry...
Old 2004-06-18, 16:20   Link #37
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Here is what happens between the series and the movie:

All this is told in the Dreamcast game, "Nadesico: The Blank of 3 Years"

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-17, 00:44   Link #38
TerryMathews

Just watched Nadesico TV and the movie.

Loved the TV series. Have some issues with the movie though. Not having played either the Saturn nor Dreamcast game, I think the series would have ended better if it went like this...

Spoiler:

Anyone know how Nadesico: The Mission resolved the story?

EDIT: Just wondering, if I were to write a fanfic starting with the conclusion of the Nadesico movie, would anyone be interested in reading it?

Last edited by TerryMathews; 2004-10-17 at 02:07.
TerryMathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 06:06   Link #39
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMathews
Just watched Nadesico TV and the movie.

Loved the TV series. Have some issues with the movie though. Not having played either the Saturn nor Dreamcast game, I think the series would have ended better if it went like this...

Spoiler:

Anyone know how Nadesico: The Mission resolved the story?

EDIT: Just wondering, if I were to write a fanfic starting with the conclusion of the Nadesico movie, would anyone be interested in reading it?
No no no no, I totally disagree

Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 11:14   Link #40
BOZZY

One thing I never understood about the movie is regarding Akito...

Spoiler:
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote