AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-01-14, 20:14   Link #2001
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Even if they find out about them being their own kids here, it's already a given that they won't remember afterwords since they're going to be memory-wiped, anyway. It'd be good if Ise and the others get to keep their memories, on the grounds that they won't tell anyone else and that they won't try to change the future too much (I just hope Ise does spend more time with the kids, in between all the work he has to do).
Old 2016-01-14, 20:18   Link #2002
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

Woo this is very interesting:
Quote:
Translation: To think that there is someone aside from me and father who is capable of using lightning.
This means that akeno this having a meeting of father and son, but this not excites me already because it is almost the same as we've read as what said kiba in the v5 of the Ex but although not excites me is interesting @amtro: thanks for the comment
Old 2016-01-14, 20:21   Link #2003
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's not a meeting between Kurenai, Akeno and Barakiel, though, it's just Akeno seeing Kurenai using Holy Lightning and thinking about how there's someone else besides her and Barakiel with that power.

Also, I'm not even sure yet if that part is in EX or not. It could just be Amtro saying that he wanted that line to be in there.
Old 2016-01-14, 20:31   Link #2004
Chichiryuushintei

There'll be changes in the future regardless just because of Azazel. If they know a war is coming and don't prepare for it, they're just stupid.
Old 2016-01-14, 20:36   Link #2005
amtro
Distro

They'll have no recollection of these events because they're going to forget everything. This is precisely why it's OK and even encouraged to do all these things, because the cast is not going to remember a thing of it either way.
Old 2016-01-14, 20:51   Link #2006
Chichiryuushintei

Honestly that's one of the things that make me not care at all for what happen between them. Why should I be invested in something that ultimately won't affect the main characters?
Old 2016-01-14, 21:03   Link #2007
Biohazardous

I'm with Chich. With Ise being shown as too busy (will ignore bad father part) the gang should have some type of knowledge of it all so they can make things better in the future. If they can't make even minor changes to the future it's rather pointless to show it to us now. Better to see the future of things at the end of the series.
Old 2016-01-14, 21:20   Link #2008
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Rias quit being the head of the family quite early to start her own business. Ravel isn't a part of the Phenex Clan anymore, she took Ise's name.

Ise isn't spending time with his wives either, according to Kurenai.

Everyone has been saying Ise is a shitty dad, not just Ichs. He has reasons for it, but considering Ishibumi gave lame excuses for plot points in the main series, I'm not putting any hope into that. Could be a good explanation, but I won't believe it until I see it.
And Rias' new business can't be related to the Gremory clan? So Ravel can't ask Ise to help the Phenex clan, her family, because she's not a part of their clan anymore?

And neither is his wives spending time with Ise and their kids. Asia is the one raising the kids not their respective mothers. But you don't see them complaining about their mums, this clearly show some prejudice from Ex towards Ise.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 21:25   Link #2009
Bigmac

Issei obviously had sex with Rias first, she's closer to him than anyone else (girlfriend and fiancée). The only chance in the series that Akeno could have had sex with Issei first without being interrupted if I remember correctly was in volume 7 and she got rejected by Issei himself (for her sake). The only reason Akeno got knocked up first was because of dumb luck and the fact pure devils such as Rias have a much lower pregnancy rate. I still don't know why people think just because a girl gets pregnant it means she had sex first. You do realise you can have unprotected sex with a girl and she doesn't automatically get pregnant right?
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 21:34   Link #2010
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
And Rias' new business can't be related to the Gremory clan? So Ravel can't ask Ise to help the Phenex clan, her family, because she's not a part of their clan anymore?

And neither is his wives spending time with Ise and their kids. Asia is the one raising the kids not their respective mothers. But you don't see them complaining about their mums, this clearly show some prejudice from Ex towards Ise.
Just helping them wouldn't make him so fucking busy.

The girls at least trained the kids to some level, so that's something at least. Ise spends ZERO time with them.
Old 2016-01-14, 22:01   Link #2011
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
Those people that he charms are not his kids. The situation would probably be reverse if Kiba had kids, (they would view Ise as cool and be close to him and Kiba as distant).

Just look at Ise's relationship with his parents, he hasn't been as close with them and is becoming more distant, but he still loves them. Same with Rias, she doesn't even live with her parents and is closer to Ise's parents and views her parents as embarrassing (primarily her father as she was mortified when her father came to parent day).

Ise has bonded with many people and is closer to them than to his parents at the moment, but that is not a result of his parents failing him.
Being embarrassed of them doesn't have to mean she's not close to her parents
Rias does not have enough interactions with her own parents or Ise's parents for us to conclude she's closer to Mr & Mrs Hyoudou

The only times his Sacred Gear powered up due to pure emotions other than tits is because of his parents
No reason for us to believe he's getting distant from them since most of their interactions are off-screen anyway

And again, Zen already gave us the reason why they are so close with the others
Quote:
Originally Posted by EX2
Zen continued saying that because of Issei's lack of time for them, his brothers and sisters particularly Ix is more closer to Vali than their father
Says nothing here about Ise being too lame and them being sooo cool
Old 2016-01-14, 22:06   Link #2012
B214

Quote:
Just helping them wouldn't make him so fucking busy.

The girls at least trained the kids to some level, so that's something at least. Ise spends ZERO time with them.
Kurenai is trained by Baraqiel. Ex is trained by Vali and Yuuto. Zen definitely isn't trained by Xenovia. Irina barely has time for Shin, her schedule is work home sleep repeat. Airi is trained by Sairaorg. Not sure about the cat sisters since they're the most underdeveloped characters, same goes to Helmwige and Tina. So no the mothers aren't doing so well as mothers like you said. At least Rias, Akeno, Xenovia and Irina doesn't pass as one.
Old 2016-01-14, 22:24   Link #2013
Hakai

Just noticed
We're already past 100 pages
This side story sure generated a lots of discussions(A good part of them is probably filled with off topic discussions though )
Old 2016-01-14, 22:33   Link #2014
Chichiryuushintei

It was said Kiba teached Ichs's swordsmanship and Vali trained him in his Dragon powers. It's perfectly believable for Rias to have teached him how to use the PoD, at least to a basic level so that he doesn't pulverize himself with it. Though it could've been Milicas or Sirzechs. If wasn't said who teaches him that IIRC so I don't know.

I mixed up Kurenai then.

Was it said who trained Zen and Shin? Actually curious here.

Airi was also trained by Asia. Just saying.

I didn't say they were doing well as mothers. Just that they > Ise as parents.

And like Cake said, Zen stated they were closer to Vali and Kiba because of Ise's lack of time. If they are close enough to their moms so that Is is the only one anyone berates (And noone denied that he's a crappy dad, Gasper said he had reasons for it, but that'd make him a justified shitty dad at best) then it means that even though they are obviously very busy, they're not as much as Ise.
Old 2016-01-15, 03:34   Link #2015
Ultragunner

^ yeah, I'm with ylu right there

I feel like I'm gonna repeat myself every time I post something here, but with Ishibumi presents Ise as an unbelievably busy father who barely has anytime with his children, while Vali is free and bored enough to train some kids? This alone just bothers me to no end ever since Ex. came out

To top it off, it seems that Ishibumi is holding back further info on Ise on purpose
Old 2016-01-15, 05:27   Link #2016
Hakai

Kurenai had to be trained by Akeno since I doubt he could use the power of Himejima clan on his own

So far only Irina is mentioned to be too busy
But even then she's still coming back home after her work to show her face

Not saying they are mother of the year material but I doubt the girls are busier than the likes of Sairaorg, Vali, Kiba and Gasper
And those four(especially the first 3) can spend enough time with them
To the point the kids are very fond of them
Old 2016-01-15, 05:57   Link #2017
Hk1117

Quote:
Honestly that's one of the things that make me not care at all for what happen between them. Why should I be invested in something that ultimately won't affect the main characters?

Wow, chich got disillusioned. This is exactly what I've trying to say, except for the main series, not the EX.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 06:15   Link #2018
Darkligh

Are people still recycling the same blind song and dance still? Jeeez You should know better than argue with the brick walls like Chich
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 06:32   Link #2019
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
@Darkligh: just let them be, as long it's stay on-topic "EX SS Discusssion" I'm fine with it. =_=
Old 2016-01-15, 07:24   Link #2020
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
Kurenai had to be trained by Akeno since I doubt he could use the power of Himejima clan on his own
And what makes you think Akeno the unwanted child of the Himejima can, she probably wasn't even taught by them before being chased out. The chances of Kurenai was trained by Suzaku from SLASHDOG, seems more probable cause she's the only one that doesn't have the issue with Akeno and Tobio.