AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-13, 15:40   Link #21
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

i don't remember elmenhilde showing that much interest in issei so i doubt shes gonna join the harem.
she wasn't that great of a character anyway kunou has more chance of joining the harem and her chances are already meh and even then she'll just be a "local wife" if she does join.
Old 2014-04-13, 19:11   Link #22
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Elmenhilde Galnstein

Don't think so. Her pride won't permit her.
Well, let's face it, that pride was absolutely shattered in Volume 16. I believe Ise said that she had seemingly "lost all hope".
But that last scene of hers was too depressing. Ishibumi's probably going to bring her back, symbolic of how the Vampire faction rises from the disaster they have suffered through. And don't forget, Ise has already turned a super-prideful girl into one of his future wives - Ravel.
Though, to be honest, I don't really care if she joins the harem or not.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 20:14   Link #23
jopjopjop

Ravel wasn't that bad in the first place. She didn't do anything that makes her look like Elmen. Her pride that she has shown in the first place is justifiable since she's a high-class devil.

Elmen's pride is the "bad" kind of pride.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 20:39   Link #24
teejmo

Well, I'm not entirely sure how you define "bad" pride, but considering Elmen's family is pretty high-ranking in the Camilla-faction, her pride as a vampire is also quite justifiable. She also was disgusted with those vampires who wished to remove those weaknesses with the Holy Grail.
Even when she was extremely rude to Ise and company, in her eyes, they were simply servants of Rias and had no right to talk to her, which is understandable.
And like I said, her pride is basically broken, especially when she learned that vampires within her own faction succumbed to the temptation of the Holy Grail. That's a definite sign for a complete personality change.
Then again, she was really annoying, so whether she shows up again or not, I don't care. She probably will.
Old 2014-04-14, 00:15   Link #25
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Well, I'm not entirely sure how you define "bad" pride, but considering Elmen's family is pretty high-ranking in the Camilla-faction, her pride as a vampire is also quite justifiable. She also was disgusted with those vampires who wished to remove those weaknesses with the Holy Grail.
Even when she was extremely rude to Ise and company, in her eyes, they were simply servants of Rias and had no right to talk to her, which is understandable.
And like I said, her pride is basically broken, especially when she learned that vampires within her own faction succumbed to the temptation of the Holy Grail. That's a definite sign for a complete personality change.
Then again, she was really annoying, so whether she shows up again or not, I don't care. She probably will.
Her pride was that she saw vampires as above all other living beings not just to devil servants likely she even looked down on Rias as well for not being a vampire, guess that was the one good thing rizeviem did, breaking the vampires stupid pride

Between her character in DxD and the twilight movies, I really hate vampires
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 04:22   Link #26
sky black swordman

Quote:
Ravel wasn't that bad in the first place. She didn't do anything that makes her look like Elmen. Her pride that she has shown in the first place is justifiable since she's a high-class devil.

Elmen's pride is the "bad" kind of pride.
Well, it was bad enough that Issei to call her a ***** once. That's true. Personally, I think that one of the reasons she was so prideful was due to the influence of her brother (Raiser) and being on his team. After being around him for so long she began believe that her brother was as invincible and unbeatable as he thought he was and her family's abilities were second to none.

Quote:
Spoiler for Saving space:
In Issei's case he did have the right to speak to her. The fact that he is Sekiryuutei gave him the right. The problem was that he is also Rias's servant. As such it lower his right or took away his right to speak to her. That is how I interpreted what she said to Issei.
Old 2014-04-14, 08:36   Link #27
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

i think we all agree elmenhilde is not worth the trouble to make her likable.
we already have a dozen adorable girls that need more screen time and we don't need characters like her to take up that time.
i'd rather he fleshen out kuroka/le fay or irina/rossweisse/xenovia they need it since they're part of the main cast and we practically know nothing about them.
Old 2014-04-14, 18:19   Link #28
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
i think we all agree elmenhilde is not worth the trouble to make her likable.
we already have a dozen adorable girls that need more screen time and we don't need characters like her to take up that time.
i'd rather he fleshen out kuroka/le fay or irina/rossweisse/xenovia they need it since they're part of the main cast and we practically know nothing about them.
Not to mention that we know close to sip about Sona's peerage.
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 18:22   Link #29
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

It's funny how Bennia and Rugal have more development than some of the long-time members of Sona's peerage. Well, that's probably because there's nothing to say about them.
Old 2014-04-14, 18:35   Link #30
jopjopjop

I don't even know why Sona reincarnated them. They don't have special skills and they don't have SGs.

Maybe pity? Idk. :|
Old 2014-04-14, 18:39   Link #31
teejmo

Well, one of them came from some demon-hunting family... Maybe they all have weird aspects like that?
Old 2014-04-14, 20:40   Link #32
sky black swordman

Quote:
I don't even know why Sona reincarnated them. They don't have special skills and they don't have SGs.

Maybe, they have what Sona needs to realize her dream.
Old 2014-04-14, 21:12   Link #33
jopjopjop

But what would they contribute to Sona? Right now, what they're doing can be done by anyone.
Old 2014-04-15, 00:55   Link #34
itisp

Quote:

Sona was holding out for someone else as her second knight. As a brilliant tactician, why would she settle for the girl who just happened to come along begging to be taken in?

Well, I have long since convinced myself that Bennia is being introduced to us as a future member of Issei's harem/peerage and the ORC. Using Sona's peerage was just an easy way to write her into the story quickly.

What will Sona do if her preferred knight suddenly becomes available? Trade Bennia, Oppai-Dragon's #1 fan, for the new knight? I don't see her being written out that way.
Rather we know her sister has spare pieces (exactly which ones hasn't been revealed AFAIK), so much like how Ravel is "on-hold", so to would be Bennia, and as Serafall doesn't participate in ratings games, Bennia would then be free to work with the ORC.

Anyway, that is my speculation.

I don't know about Rugal. Perhaps he came about because Werewolves are cool.
itisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 01:42   Link #35
jopjopjop

Idk if you misunderstood the topic, but we're not talking about Bennia but the other members of Sona's peerage (Rook, 2 Bishops, Knight, Pawn) who doesn't have any special characteristics/traits.
Old 2014-04-15, 01:54   Link #36
teejmo

Ah, I've got it! Sona will use them to show that even the weakest, most pointless devils can make it big in the Underworld! (This is both a knock on them, while also showing how much of a genius the student council president really is. Sorry Rias, you'll never match her in strategy.)
Old 2014-04-15, 13:38   Link #37
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Ah, I've got it! Sona will use them to show that even the weakest, most pointless devils can make it big in the Underworld! (This is both a knock on them, while also showing how much of a genius the student council president really is. Sorry Rias, you'll never match her in strategy.)

Who needs strategy!! Power of destruction is the answer to everything.
Old 2014-04-15, 13:45   Link #38
jopjopjop

Issei would disagree. Oppai. Oppai is the answer to everything.
Old 2014-04-15, 15:38   Link #39
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Issei would disagree. Oppai. Oppai is the answer to everything.
Damn Oppai Dragon!!!

Speaking of dragons, how come that there are more that 14 volumes and no female dragon has appeared.
Old 2014-04-15, 19:56   Link #40
G147

Lol. Well if you ask me, currently Sona's team seems to be the likely victor should they fight Rias' team again.

@DocBernax2814, there was one female Dragon. It appeared in the SS, Resurrection of Phoenix.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote