Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-01-15, 17:27   Link #1
.Smoke.
When anime attacks!

Send a message via MSN to .Smoke.
Genre for 2 of YUI's albums

Hi! I've been trying to tag my music and YUI is proving to be a difficult one. There's some disagreement about her album, "FROM ME TO YOU" and the upcoming single "Rolling Star", being J-Rock instead of J-Pop. To me Rolling star has a rock sound to it but I just want to be sure. And are there any sites where you can get accurate information for tagging Japanese tracks (amazon does good but falls short, especially on new or lesser known artists).
.Smoke. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 18:07   Link #2
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
The genre that I think best describes Yui's music is: Amazing. Really, you shouldn't be so concenred with what to label her music as long as you like it.

Although, I do think that j-pop is a broader category than most people think. If it isn't real rock music or visual K, it's probably considered J-pop.

Yui's music might have elements of rock in it, but I'd still call it J-pop, even if it isn't what I would traditionaly think of as "pop music."
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 18:18   Link #3
.Smoke.
When anime attacks!

Send a message via MSN to .Smoke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray View Post
The genre that I think best describes Yui's music is: Amazing. Really, you shouldn't be so concenred with what to label her music as long as you like it.

Although, I do think that j-pop is a broader category than most people think. If it isn't real rock music or visual K, it's probably considered J-pop.

Yui's music might have elements of rock in it, but I'd still call it J-pop, even if it isn't what I would traditionaly think of as "pop music."
Yeah, we need to import some of Japan's talent. Still, I like to keep accurate. It makes it easier to find stuff with my library approaching 2500 songs. I think I'll just leave it at J-Pop then since that seems to be the consensus everywhere I ask.
.Smoke. is offline   Reply With Quote