AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2021-02-27, 01:14   Link #1221
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

So the Ever Crisis game is a remake of the entire FF7 compilation (with the classic style rpg). SE did this to appease the purist I think. That frees them on going a different route n the FF7 Remake part 2

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 04:46   Link #1222
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
By new episode do you mean the Yuffie DLC or Remake 2? Because the latter was a given. As for the DLC, given that it will be released as early as June, the hardest part of the game will be to find a console to play it on.

And about Yuffie being in Midgar, does that really contradict the original? You find her in a forest very far away from Wutai, who's to say she wasn't on her way back from Midgar?
The Yuffie DLC, it's already PS5 only. Kind of a weird decision if you ask me given, as you said, how hard it is to find a PS5 in stock right now. You would think they would want to sell as many copies as possible by putting it in both systems but maybe Sony is helping SE out (or they don't think they would recoup the validation costs of shipping it to the PS4 as well).
Old 2021-02-27, 07:58   Link #1223
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The Yuffie DLC, it's already PS5 only. Kind of a weird decision if you ask me given, as you said, how hard it is to find a PS5 in stock right now. You would think they would want to sell as many copies as possible by putting it in both systems but maybe Sony is helping SE out (or they don't think they would recoup the validation costs of shipping it to the PS4 as well).
A PS5 port was inevitable. The Yuffie DLC is incentive for people to double dip and get the PS5 version, even if most people have already played the PS4 version.

It's like DMC5 Special Edition with Vergil and Legendary Dark Knight mode..
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 08:08   Link #1224
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
A PS5 port was inevitable. The Yuffie DLC is incentive for people to double dip and get the PS5 version, even if most people have already played the PS4 version.

It's like DMC5 Special Edition with Vergil and Legendary Dark Knight mode..
That's not really the case. The PS4 version of FFVII Remake will get a free PS5 update (only those who got it from PS+ are excluded), so people who own the PS4 version only need to buy the Yuffie DLC. And a PS5.
Old 2021-02-27, 08:32   Link #1225
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The benefit is mutual if we look further.

By having Intergrade for PS5, Sony will be able to make proper estimation about future sales of PS5.
Meanwhile on SE part they can gauge if this sales model works. Final Mix works well with Kingdom Hearts, but no telling if it also works on FF. Depends on how Yuffie content "spreaded", they will be able to make better judgement for future installment of FF7R.
Old 2021-02-27, 08:37   Link #1226
The Green One

PS5 will be available, it's a matter of time. They're just being prepared. Of course you're going to be forced to buy the same game more than once.
Old 2021-02-27, 19:48   Link #1227
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
PS5 will be available, it's a matter of time. They're just being prepared. Of course you're going to be forced to buy the same game more than once.
You're not. Again, they already confirmed the PS5 upgrade is free. You'll only have to pay for the Yuffie DLC.
Old 2021-02-27, 20:34   Link #1228
Shadow5YA

Quote:
That's not really the case. The PS4 version of FFVII Remake will get a free PS5 update (only those who got it from PS+ are excluded), so people who own the PS4 version only need to buy the Yuffie DLC. And a PS5.
It's because the upgrade is "free" that you have to get the PS5 version. This doesn't dispute that the idea that they want you to upgrade to a PS5 instead of sitting this one out and just waiting for Part 2.

There's also the fact the upgrade actually isn't free for everyone, considering that the PS+ version is not eligible for upgrades.

Either way, you're putting money in some way or another for Intergrade.
Old 2021-02-27, 21:32   Link #1229
The Green One

Not to mention you have to actually buy the PS5 console if you don't already have one.
Old 2021-02-27, 22:45   Link #1230
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I haven't even physically seen a PS5 in any of the stores I go to.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 12:59   Link #1231
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
It's because the upgrade is "free" that you have to get the PS5 version. This doesn't dispute that the idea that they want you to upgrade to a PS5 instead of sitting this one out and just waiting for Part 2.

There's also the fact the upgrade actually isn't free for everyone, considering that the PS+ version is not eligible for upgrades.

Either way, you're putting money in some way or another for Intergrade.
I'm not disputing that. I was reacting to your comment that it's like DMC5 Special edition, where you have to buy the game again if you want to enjoy the new content. Here you just have to buy the DLC/intergrade, which will surely be cheaper than buying an entire game.
Old 2021-03-02, 11:14   Link #1232
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Perhaps it would have been better to just go for a PS5 version for the whole thing and wait a year... New-gen tech for a new game, while currently SQUE-E is stuck with delivering a PS4 version of every main episode in addition to the PS5 versions, but all their DLCs will most likely be PS5 exclusives.

That being said, they're making TWO mobile games, one being the "true FF7 remake" where the story remains the same, and the other one being some unholy MGO-type third person shooter, in which you also have swords, and is self-proclaimed a battle royale, although it has bosses in it... Smells like FFXV comrades, just swimming in mediocrity.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-02, 19:15   Link #1233
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They better release Ever Crisis on consoles too.
Old 2021-03-02, 19:31   Link #1234
cyberdemon

Quote:
They better release Ever Crisis on consoles too.
Only a matter of time. They release it and wait till many buy it then release on consoles to make them buy it again.
Old 2021-03-03, 01:50   Link #1235
n0m@n
C-Z

I'm loving the Ever Crisis. I only played the Before Crisis on an emulator so I'm looking forward to playing it on my phone.
Old 2021-05-20, 17:10   Link #1236
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Do you think sales for the PS5 version for the remake are going to totally tank? There aren't that many PS5 in circulations and the majority of players interested in this Remake most likely own it on PS4 and can just upgrade for free. Furthermore, it was revealed the Yuffie DLC isn't even on the disc, you just get a download code. So really no reason to double-dip if you own the PS4 game.

I think they should have released the DLC on PS4 too.
Old 2021-05-20, 17:52   Link #1237
The Green One

People are probably just going to watch it on youtube or *insertfavoritestreamingservicehere*
Old 2021-05-21, 15:47   Link #1238
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Do you think sales for the PS5 version for the remake are going to totally tank? There aren't that many PS5 in circulations and the majority of players interested in this Remake most likely own it on PS4 and can just upgrade for free. Furthermore, it was revealed the Yuffie DLC isn't even on the disc, you just get a download code. So really no reason to double-dip if you own the PS4 game.
To begin with, I think that their strategy with the Yuffie DLC (i.e. those who already have bought FFVII for PS4 will have to buy it separately) is one way to ensure that there is some profit to be made in the PS5 version.

Other things to consider:

1. There are some people who will wait for a "complete" version of a game (i.e. a version with the main game and all the DLC) to come out before buying it. That is what we're looking at when it comes to FFVII Remake for PS5: the complete version.

2. Another strategy that Sony has been doing is that free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 is only for those who have actually bought the game. Those who have the game as a result of picking it up for free via Playstation Plus will have to pay to receive the PS5 version when it comes out.
Old 2021-05-21, 17:00   Link #1239
Shadow5YA

Quote:

I think they should have released the DLC on PS4 too.
They don't need the PS5 version to do well, and FF7R Part 2 is already underway regardless.

The free update is to incentivize PS4 players to upgrade to PS5 for the continuation of the series, because most likely the remaining parts won't be on PS4 due to technical limitations anyway.
Old 2021-05-21, 18:43   Link #1240
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
The free update is to incentivize PS4 players to upgrade to PS5 for the continuation of the series, because most likely the remaining parts won't be on PS4 due to technical limitations anyway.
That's even more unneeded.

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg