Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-08, 11:33   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
It's already out? When does it air? Please don't let it be Sundays.
Airs Sunday, yeah. Not sure about "official" subs though

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-08, 11:38   Link #42
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Airs Sunday, yeah. Not sure about "official" subs though
Don't tell me Disney locked it like Summer Time Rendering
Old 2024-04-08, 12:06   Link #43
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpla King View Post
the last Super Sentai parody anime we got is the one with the Red Ranger falling in love with the female villain and tried to hide from the public that both of them are dating which itself is a concept found in Gekisou Sentai Carranger.
Love After World Domination was criminally underrated, sadly the manga ended not long after the anime did. This doesn't feel like a parody though as much as an edgy "The Boys" esque deconstruction or something. I'll give it a couple of episodes anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Don't tell me Disney locked it like Summer Time Rendering
Its up on Hulu and presumably Star on Sundays, Disney pretty much fixed all of their simulcast issues I think.
Old 2024-04-08, 13:00   Link #44
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Love After World Domination was criminally underrated, sadly the manga ended not long after the anime did. This doesn't feel like a parody though as much as an edgy "The Boys" esque deconstruction or something. I'll give it a couple of episodes anyway.Its up on Hulu and presumably Star on Sundays, Disney pretty much fixed all of their simulcast issues I think.
Highly agreed.
Old 2024-04-09, 06:52   Link #45
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Grr... I was hoping I would be hooked in episode 1 since it has the Tiger and Bunny director and the sentai deconstruction but most of the premiere just felt like monologues the protagonist has like a person lacking individualism and the budget not being used to making anything outstanding. It's like if the episode was just a set up and expect us to be hyped for the next despite not even showing the actual opening video. No wonder Frieren and Vinland started with four episode to bring up a setting (then again, the Vinland anime was altered from a flashback to a chronological order of showing the story)
Old 2024-04-09, 11:57   Link #46
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Love After World Domination was criminally underrated, sadly the manga ended not long after the anime did.
Highly agreed.
And the hate for it was because it had a Power Ranger theme, which made people ridicule it.

It didn't matter whether it was a funny series or it was a rom-com.

To the people, the only thing that mattered was it was a Power Ranger parody.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-11, 18:19   Link #47
Dextro
He Without a Title

This sounds interesting and I'm digging the character designs and even the events os episode one but the actual directing and art of the Anime is giving me strong "we have kill la kill at home" vibes. Anyone else felt the same?
Old 2024-04-11, 23:25   Link #48
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
This sounds interesting and I'm digging the character designs and even the events os episode one but the actual directing and art of the Anime is giving me strong "we have kill la kill at home" vibes. Anyone else felt the same?
More like "What If Love After World Domination wasn't a romcom" .
Old 2024-04-14, 03:46   Link #49
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Watching second episode now.

The OP (for the first few parts) has some funny parts.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2024-04-14 at 07:53.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 14:25   Link #50
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 17:03   Link #51
grecefar

not a suprise that suzukiri wants to go against the rangers. Her reasons?, I guess we will see in the future but D need allies.

pretty cool showcase of red ranger with his divine artifact, he is our homelander.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 20:22   Link #52
Frontier

Wow, D really had, like, no plan. Walk straight up to their headquarters and ask to see Red Keeper? Did he really think that would work ?

The OP is pretty cool and dynamic, with D trying to escape the puppet strings of the Keepers and face off against them, paralleled with the other Ranger Recruits, all so he can take on Red Keeper .

D's rebellion had an unfortunate side effect of making the Keepers clamp down on the Dusters...enforcing their domination on the Dusters and their ability to maintain their will through their absolute strength, all presented in either Red's charming platitudes and Blue's strong-arming. The Dusters just have no control over their lives while the Keepers seem to almost be running everything .

So do those two people from Blue Garrison now know what's really going on? Like how can they be stationed with the Dusters and not realize it's all an act ?

Suzukiri totally had D made the moment she saw his cheek crack, didn't she? She's a smart cookie, and way more on the ball than D is, and she would probably be a vital asset if she's actually willing to help him...and quite an attractive one at that, lifeless eyes that stare into your soul or otherwise. Though you really have to wonder why she's turning on her own people, even while still calling herself D's "enemy," does she know it's all an act and want to end it alongside him? Or has she seen what the Keepers are like behind closed doors ?

So the Red Garrison is for fighters and Yellow is for R&D. I wonder what the other Garrison's specialize in ?

I was wondering why Hibiki is shown alongside D in the OP but that's because D is posing as him...though I can only imagine Hibiki will find out about his doppelganger .

I didn't expect to see Red Keeper out of his mask so soon, but now D has a true face and a name to put to his nemesis, Sosei Akabane .

No, not Fighter F! If only he hadn't gone looking for D in the last place he should've been looking. And he gets a taste of the Divine Weapons the Keepers have at their disposal that can permanently kill the monsters...but at least he went out fighting. And now D has even more motivation to take down Red Keeper and this whole organization .

I guess this is a Sentai parody so we still need an ED of everyone dancing...but I was just reminded of all the CG dance ED's of the Netflix Ultraman anime .
Old 2024-04-15, 06:41   Link #53
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Okay! Episode 2 actually hooked me. The main character stopped monologuing and finally wants to take Satoru Goj--Red Keeper and the team. The animation is amazing and the character designs sure have some notable sex appeal. The opening song is pretty good. Will keep watching.
Old 2024-04-16, 02:37   Link #54
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

D is the sharpest tool in a shed of very dull tools. I feel for him. Mooks aren't made for heavy thinking.

Also, I *love* the ED. It reminds me of sentai EDs.

Last edited by Dengar; 2024-04-16 at 02:50.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 03:59   Link #55
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Makes me wonder if a fic concerning sentai/power rangers gets mixed up with Daishikkaku. I wonder if the other sentai/ranger teams will sympathize with the fighters.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-20, 08:38   Link #56
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Man all I want is a video of that ending but I've not been able to find it.

I want to share it around to sell this show to people, but I think they might be cracking down on people sharing it. Which is a shame because it's good advertising.
Old 2024-04-21, 07:38   Link #57
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, just watched the new episode.

Show continues to subvert my expectations. I wasn't expecting things to go the way they did. Like I don't even know what this show is even about anymore.
Old 2024-04-21, 08:35   Link #58
Frontier

Rest in Peace Fighter F...you fought bravely. You were just going up against "heroes" who spout platitudes about co-existence while they're forcing you into labor with blood on their face .

Wow, I thought Sakurama was going to be oblivious all series, but he actually realized who D was, offered his condolences about F's death, and gave him his full approval to join the Ranger force. He talks about upholding justice, but it seems like he also accepts that the Ranger Force needs to change from within...he definitely doesn't have the same motivation as Suzukiri, but he seems genuine even if he also doesn't fully understand all of D's problems. But D probably meant it as a sincere compliment that he doesn't think Sakurama is fit for the Rangers .

D really should not be talking big to a woman who can easily cut his head off, sass him, and eat pancakes all at the same time. Though he definitely needs Suzukiri and her knowledge of the Ranger organization if he's going to pull it off. I wouldn't mind being a chair for her or having her voice in my ear either .

Huh, I guess if they never use the Divine Artifacts for the Sunday Showdown they would probably leave them behind...which is an opportunity for D to play Sosei and sneak in. He just didn't count on the Divine Artifact being kept with golf clubs like it's a convenience or Tokita catching him and head-shotting him while mocking him at the same time .

A Divine Artifact is cool and all, but sometimes all you need is fake dynamite and a golf club to the face. Watching Tokita get his head bashed in was perfect .

I guess even still it was too much to expect Red Keeper not to find out about it, but while D bravely faces off against Red Keeper and even manages to use his powers in more creative ways...he's still outmatched against him. All the while Red Keeper belittles his efforts and turns it into yet another show with the other Keepers. Got to keep up the act after all .

Even the Keepers are starting to get bored of everything. They need to liven the show up! Maybe recruit a Monster! Although failing that, they'll just let Blue kill him with his Divine Artifact. Poor D got blown-up like a balloon .

But D pulled a fast one! he managed to successfully steal the Divine Artifact right from under Red's nose and get it to Suzukiri! Our protagonist is seemingly dead, but now his nemesis won't forget him .

Though it seems like there are other, more powerful, monsters on the prowl .
Old 2024-04-21, 10:49   Link #59
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 19:23   Link #60
grecefar

I'll give credit to the red ranger and he knows what is best for bussiness, you know to spice the plot and let a fighter to steal the divine artifact. That sure got really good ratings.

About the ending, I seriously doubt D is dead. I would take pleasure if they manage to take the rangers one after one but even if they do there will be others to replace them.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote