3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-02, 13:50   Link #81
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
You heard him yourself on the caravan. Nothing happened, and he hasn't told a lie yet (maybe bending the truth a little :< ).

10/10, because there are no discernable flaws with this episode. Dialogue was clear-cut, the animation's entirely original (no reused shots), the story is blatant yet entertaining, the humor is well executed (especially benaui's spazzy moment mwahaha), and we got an ecchi moment not seen since episode 5 when Mukkuru pitied Eruruu's breast size. :P

The theme of family is (once again) reminded. In my opinion, this should be the last time we should be reminded about the importance of family sticking together and communicating amongst once another before it becomes redundant. One of the ways to execute good drama is about laying subtle plotpoints and not returning to them until the very end, when the audience has nearly forgotten but is reminded enough so they can go, "ooooooh, it all ties together. Why didn't I see it coming?"

I speculate the look of the throne room. Looks like the hall is full of white flowers to contradict the somewhat dark, almost void-like atmosphere. The only thing you see are the flowers, the gray brick walkway leading to the throne, and the emblem of Na Tunk hanging over a curtain. It'll be like fighting in an almost surreal location. I look foward to it.
Old 2006-08-02, 15:18   Link #82
Marke

really like this new cool side of Karura. also fun to see the Princess powers .
Cant wait to see what happends in next episode
Old 2006-08-02, 16:06   Link #83
Kisuke06
I see...

Very good episode. Man, It was so funny when everyone went to the "trip" with Hakuoro.

And Karura was good in this episode.
Old 2006-08-02, 16:43   Link #84
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²

The silent stare. The, "You're not taking my Hakuoro away from me!" "Not a thing that you can do about it knowing my strength." "Better watch your food..."
Haha, maybe Karura wanted to sneak away be herself, but then all the rest of the harem followed, even Aruruu.

This episode made me realise that a little more fanservice wouldn't hurt this series. Looking forward to Touka's bath scene (I hope that they will animate it).
I think that one thing that explains Karura's attitude that she is the strongest character in the show and she knows it, so it is easy for her to be so easy going.
Excellent, and funny episode.
Old 2006-08-02, 17:26   Link #85
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

You do know it happens before the trip to Nan-Tunku, don't you? I doubt the staff would indulge itself in showing the multiple ero (not necessarily sexual, mind you - I said, erotic) scenes unless they are extremely important and further the plot. Knowing that the whole ep18 scene was related to Karura's requesting Hakuoro's help on this with her entire being as the price, this specific part of the story was, I suppose, inavoidable.

I can't say the same about the others, though. Knowing that the main 'pairing' (well, if you know the ending and secrets behind the series you might want to reconsider the wording) is Eruruu x Hakuoro and that the sex scene between the two (and another one where her bra shows in front of Hakuoro) is supposed to have happened before Karura's and yet never was animated, there is very little hope for such a thing to happen. Moreover the series seems to aim for a R15-compliant audience so they won't do anything hardcore or too explicit even if it's for the sake of comic relief or fanservice.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'd have wanted to see that, too. Hormones just can't stop raging at the thought. Oh, well...Mankind was not given imagination for nothing, was it?
Old 2006-08-02, 18:54   Link #86
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenTheSweeper
Spoiler:
Can't anyone actually LABEL their spoilers anymore? Goodness sakes.
Old 2006-08-02, 19:30   Link #87
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82
But, even though Hakuro said otherwise, I think he really did boink her after Eruru left the scene :P
Eh, please. I want to believe Hakuoro is better than that.

Read some of that game summary for the events up to this episode and...
Spoiler for skipped Hakuoro x Eruruu h-scene:
Old 2006-08-02, 19:41   Link #88
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
I totally agree with u there!

But Hakuro not showing interest in karura simply dosen't cut it... I do hope he is not gay...

It's a shame, that due to the toning down of that important scene that conclusion such as this has to be asked....

I think some people here would also draw conclusion that Kakura was not serious about her words she spoke to Hakuoro and her own character development of the seriousness she feels towards the relationship she is commited to with him.

Not that 'im saying they should put some hentai scenes, but that they needed only to imply it, and the important dialogue.

Very much the same important dialogue they missed out in the Hakuoro x Eruruu intimate scene.

It's a shame and a sad change to the script, at this moment the strength the character bonds with Hakuoro is not solidified at all, with out those scenes it seems...well....uncertain. As if the characters are static and they will remain as they are, incapable of moving forward, showing the progess of there lives and personality.

Old 2006-08-02, 19:56   Link #89
Asianknight82
Banned

I think its pretty apparent that the director wants Hakuro to only have eyes for Eruru, and that he wont diverge from that, no matter the temptations. Basically devoted to person he loves the most, even though it somewhat feels that their relationship is barely progressing at all.
Old 2006-08-02, 20:14   Link #90
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
It's a shame and a sad change to the script, at this moment the strength the character bonds with Hakuoro is not solidified at all, with out those scenes it seems...well....uncertain. As if the characters are static and they will remain as they are, incapable of moving forward, showing the progess of there lives and personality.
Very good point made! I was looking for that word "solidify".

Currently, the only relationships taken seriously is between Hakuoro and Eruruu, but that's a fairly obvious one. To talk about his relationship between Oboro or Benaui, Urutorii or Touka would be sketchy at best. As I said before, there's not enough time to develop everything, and thus people are going to get the cut and reduced to two-dimensional personalities. Forever? It is difficult to say.

This episode shook me particularly because it is an episode devoted entirely to Karura and who she is/was. Relationships isn't about sex and hentai scenes alone. It's about knowing where people come from, what their hobbies are, what their favorite color is, and the significant other needs to analyze and interpret the facts to make the pairing more stable. There's almost none of that being made in the anime.

Is Touka's airheadedness the result of some failure in her childhood? How did Oboro learn his ninja finesse? What was Kurou's mother and father like? Is there anything Karura is particularly weak to? None of that exists, so pairings become friendships, or in the worst situations, merely aquaintances.

In episode 18, we learn a great deal about Karura. The status of her tribe being an important one, people who are more than those she wants to protect, what she does (or doesn't) value. If we only had more of these, we wouldn't have a problem.

----------------------------------------------------------

I think they implied a significant level of intimacy between Hakuoro and Eruruu in the first half of episode 13. It is a little ambiguous. The conclusion you can pretty much draw is, she's not afraid to touch him. The important thing here is not to judge the anime as "what they left out from the game", but "how did they adapt the story". I will go into heaaaavvyyyyyy details once the series is over.
Old 2006-08-02, 21:17   Link #91
Srin Tuar
無謀

I think I understand why Eruru is so self-concious about her healing abilities now.

All the other memberrs of the harem have some sortof special power or ability-
mostly superior combat abilities.

All Eruru can do to help is her medicine and healing, so if she's not skillfull at that she might feel she has no right to be around hakuoro, and has no way to compete with or compare to the other girls.
Old 2006-08-02, 22:02   Link #92
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Karura > all other girls
Old 2006-08-02, 23:26   Link #93
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
VAs I said before, there's not enough time to develop everything, and thus people are going to get the cut and reduced to two-dimensional personalities. Forever? It is difficult to say.
two dimensional, thats the word i wanted to describe the characters. cheers.

Quote:
This episode shook me particularly because it is an episode devoted entirely to Karura and who she is/was. Relationships isn't about sex and hentai scenes alone.....In episode 18, we learn a great deal about Karura.
Agreed, it's not about the hentai scenes, thats just taking the mature route, pulling no punches, as long as the significant of scene is what matters.

Quote:
The status of her tribe being an important one, people who are more than those she wants to protect, what she does (or doesn't) value. If we only had more of these, we wouldn't have a problem.
That's the thing, that very scene between Hakuoro is what defines Kakura, in the game it shows how she was willing to sacrifice everything for something she believes in, but at the same time it blurs the line, as we are left consider that her own feeling was also influencing her to go so far and that in that very instant it maybe that this may not be the traditional way of custom of the confirmation of Master & Slave relationship.

it also shows the cunning-ness of her as well, her ability to judge people and that sheer strength is not what she always use in every situation, she could of over powered him, but instead she went for a very feminine method.

Alas, while i can somewhat understand the highlight of Eruruu, the mere fact that they did not show or imply the closeness that Eruruu & Hakuoro in the previous intimate scene and showed the progress in their relationship, has in result made them both more awkward, the slight confidence they show each other and the fact that Eruruu didn't even knew that had happen, throws new spanners in the works. The failure of those strong scenes is affecting the whole script, it's slowing it down, as they have to attempt to make up for lost progress between them and resolve the new complications.

*sigh*
Old 2006-08-03, 02:33   Link #94
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind

Oni, just be happy with what you got. Look at Fate/Stay Night and how they handled h-scenes. Even then I don't really remember anyone moaning about how Shiro geting eaten by a proverbial dragon somehow ruined the intricate relationships between the characters.
Old 2006-08-03, 03:06   Link #95
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

This was a really good episode, like so many said. Karura is one of my favorite characters in this series, and I am really curious to know how she has supernatural strength. I wonder why her brother doesn't possess it.

I laughed out quite loud at certain parts in the episode. It did interweve plot progression, comedy, action, and drama well. It is funny how "Hakauro's Harem" all just woke up in the middle of the night and went on a road trip to a war torn country, yes.

I have liked Eruuruu a lot since the first episodes, but now I really like both her and Karura pretty evenly. I already liked Karura since her first appearance in the series, but seeing more depth to her character and the scene with her being all nice and voluptuous have me liking her even more. I really like the tough and sexy kinda girls in anime, but I am a sucker for sweet ones, too (makes sense, as I love both those characters and they are like opposites; it's like how I love Tessa and Melissa Mao from Full Metal Panic).

Ah, and Green²...

Quote:

Spoiler for an really vexing spoiler ;):
And...

Quote:
Got to wonder, what did Eruruu put in that travel pack of hers... ...perhaps medicine stuff be my guess. Yet for an while there, I was kind of expecting a cat fight between the two.

The silent stare. The, "You're not taking my Hakuoro away from me!" "Not a thing that you can do about it knowing my strength." "Better watch your food..."
Both had me laughing, especially the first one.
Old 2006-08-03, 07:29   Link #96
kari-no-sugata

A while ago, I read some of the game summaries - though the anime has now gone past what I read.

To be honest, I think the anime is better without the ero scenes.

Hakuoro is a calm, sensible person - is basically worth of respect. Humping the female cast hurts his character if you ask me (and also seems rather forced and uncessary).

There's some other scenes that the anime has so far missed out which I'd like to see...
Old 2006-08-03, 11:20   Link #97
Cardiac Glycoside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
This was a really good episode, like so many said. Karura is one of my favorite characters in this series, and I am really curious to know how she has supernatural strength. I wonder why her brother doesn't possess it.
It's simple, really. Derihourai is the show's replacement Oboro. Doctors recommend that you change your Oboro every fifteen episodes so they are long overdue. (Symptoms of a worn-out Oboro include vulnerability to alcohol and nubile boys).

Derihourai has all the characteristics of your typical Oboro including (1). dual-wielding (2). a rag-tag army of no good rotten kids (3). a bad attitude; pride. The only difference is that instead of a sickly young sister as an accessory, Derihourai has a vibrant older sister that can kick his ass.
Old 2006-08-03, 13:07   Link #98
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside
It's simple, really. Derihourai is the show's replacement Oboro. Doctors recommend that you change your Oboro every fifteen episodes so they are long overdue. (Symptoms of a worn-out Oboro include vulnerability to alcohol and nubile boys).

Derihourai has all the characteristics of your typical Oboro including (1). dual-wielding (2). a rag-tag army of no good rotten kids (3). a bad attitude; pride. The only difference is that instead of a sickly young sister as an accessory, Derihourai has a vibrant older sister that can kick his ass.
Don't forget a nice ass as well
Old 2006-08-03, 13:49   Link #99
jtrog

Thumbs up

Awsome story, what can I say - the story continues and the 'casts' individual selves continue to be developed. Supreme humor. Cute idea "they" had not to involve the country to assist the others.
Old 2006-08-03, 15:15   Link #100
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7

As far i can tell watching the episode, Karura's little brother Derihourai is very strong too, because that's their race special ability - the Giriyaginas. Remember he said himself their race is very powerful and all the others are weak compared to them.

He is very strong, but Karura is still stronger simply because she is a far superior warrior. Despite the way she acts, Karura is a well-trained 'Nakuan' with years of experience, disciplinated, has self-control, is fast and knows how to fight even without using just strenght.

Compared to her, he is just like an arrogant little boy. Think the difference between Benawi and Oboro at the beggining of the show.

No wonder she could defeat him so easily.

All in all, this episode is one of the bests. I just love KARURA!! 10/10 from me.
Closed Thread