AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-02-03, 23:23   Link #1
defrule

After War Gundam X Series Discussion

The thread was dug deep in the history somewhere, but anyway just a comment after watching Gundam X.

It's a shame they cut it short but for the poor rating in Japan, you can't blame them. It is a very good story in my opinion, I really liked the setting where many colonies have dropped onto earth. The characters were very well done.

I only watched Gundam Wing and this and I like X in particular because it revolves around Garrod who is not a soldier. Unlike Heero who was trained and brought up as one.

The music is very nice too, Dreams and Resolution are nice to here and also the ending theme is pleasant.

I real shame it never kicked off. A very good series indeed in my opinion.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-09-10 at 11:26.
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 23:34   Link #2
KBTKaiser

if anything, Garrod up there with Lowe in terms of badassery. He gets his ass handed to him one ep and comes back a few eps later to kick their butt. It was probably stated before, but Garrod is one of the most adapting characters in terms of piloting.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 00:05   Link #3
monster

Quote:
It's a shame they cut it short
Agreed, though I enjoyed it well enough as it is, I feel it would've been better if it was a bit longer.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 01:23   Link #4
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah it would have been cool to see the GX upgrades we never got to see cause it was cut short, but I've said this before GX being cancelled actually made the pace of the show great IMO...The last 15 eps or so are all important and aggressively moves along....

Damn this has to be the deadest 3-day period I ever experienced here on the forums...I mean no lengthy discusssions on jack...It's about as hype as a flat-line up in here...
Old 2006-02-04, 03:47   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Long live Gundam X!
Old 2006-02-04, 05:51   Link #6
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

If anything it always seems the real gems of Gundam series are the ones considered the worst........

Gundam X and Turn-A Gundam are by FAR the best series in the recent Gundam's. GX slow to start but then starts getting very kickassery after ep 22 or so when they start the New Federation arc. Turn-A is the kind of series which is a pure work of art hands down, its great from beginning to finish.

To simply call Gundam X the worst ever Gundam series is a pretty broad statement since theres easily worse written stuff out there....G-Saviour, Wing and the recent S-Destiny.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 09:36   Link #7
Strike Mk.II

I just recently finished watching all of Gundam X. It was a really great series. Its a more character centered show. I really liked the gundams and mobile suits too, Gundam X and Double X besides the Satellite System, the strength of the mobile suit it self wasnt any different to other gundams and mobile suits, as long as the the Satelite system couldnt be used it could get damaged quite badly at time. The first 10 eps might put people off, but those who were able to watch the first couple of eps of Seed should have no problem with this. After ep 10 onwards its great. All IMO of course.
They really should consisder broadcasting this show again!
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 10:05   Link #8
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
X screws with Newtypes too much.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 11:28   Link #9
defrule

Gundam Wing doesn't appear to me that much because they made the Gundams a bit overpowered. The five pilot's skills were almost godly that even in a normal mobile suit they can survive against the odds.

Another thing about Wing is, the character were too strong as a result I didn't really notice any change or development in them. Garrod is different, I really liked how he made the fatal error of firing the Satelite Cannon in the first episode and then was able to learn from that and not fire at the Federation forces. You see him grow from a mindless pilot to one that konw his own limits and wha he can achieve.
Old 2006-02-04, 11:53   Link #10
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander 598
X screws with Newtypes too much.
But they were used much better in the story in X.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 12:26   Link #11
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
Bu they were screwed with in what may be strangest way possible...

Spoiler:

Though I haven't actually seen it(Yet), from what I understand thats about how it went...
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 12:28   Link #12
defrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander 598
Bu they were screwed with in what may be strangest way possible...

Spoiler:

Though I haven't actually seen it(Yet), from what I understand thats about how it went...
True but not entirely correct.
Old 2008-03-30, 22:46   Link #13
strategos

Will this serie ever get to be liscense T_T??

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 23:04   Link #14
4Tran

Yes, Gundam X will probably eventually be licensed in R1, and that's more likely if Gundam 00 were to do well in the US. As it stands, Gundam shows haven't been all that popular there, and given the current economy (and industry), Gundam X is seen as a risky license.
Old 2008-03-31, 06:11   Link #15
brightman
Ancient Member

Haven't seen many old mecha shows licensed anymore... Not to mention Gundam isn't much of a big seller (in the US anyway) either. So I really don't see Bandai Ent. doing anything but the new stuff (nor do I see Gundam 00 doing better than Seed / Seed Destiny due to the character designs--which turn off western anime fans, and relative slow beginning--catalyst of bad reviews).
Old 2008-04-13, 20:30   Link #16
strategos

Well, Bandai had its Golden Age with Gundam with: G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam 8th mobille suit team, 0083 and 0080. But when they release 0079, without the subs and only in english it was a big mistake.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 13:47   Link #17
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
But when they release 0079, without the subs and only in english it was a big mistake.
Their big mistake was expecting a 20-year-old show (with lousy animation, which aged badly) to be popular in the US in the first place (let alone achieve the same slavish following it has in Japan). Also, iirc the dub-only thing was Bandai Japan's doing.

Gundam was mismanaged in the US in about every way it was possible to mismanage it. Bringing over X on the heels of Wing might well have saved Gundam in America...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 20:38   Link #18
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

The first thing people are going to notice about Gundam X is that it was cancelled. And that's mainly why it hasn't shown up on U.S. shows. "If it failed in Japan, why would you assume it would work elsewhere?" is the question that Bandai's stockholders would pose to anyone who suggests to liscense it.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 22:13   Link #19
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
The first thing people are going to notice about Gundam X is that it was cancelled. And that's mainly why it hasn't shown up on U.S. shows. "If it failed in Japan, why would you assume it would work elsewhere?" is the question that Bandai's stockholders would pose to anyone who suggests to liscense it.
Yeah, seems to be a big misconception at the time indeed. Which, as mentioned, was a big mistake also, as Gundam X was one of the first Gundams to achieve popularity as a fansub, and would have appealed to the western audience more than it would to Japan.

IMO Bandai 's biggest mistake was to assume that the audiences of the west have the same tastes as those of the east.
Old 2010-09-10, 12:24   Link #20
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Two episodes in and I'm enjoying it so far. Jamil seems like a pretty interesting character.

Tags
mecha