AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-06-10, 06:32   Link #1
DigitalKitty

Send a message via AIM to DigitalKitty Send a message via Yahoo to DigitalKitty
.AVI troubles

Ok, here's my trouble with the .AVI files. I recently downloaded the Naruto 2-4 episodes, and they appeared to have downloaded correctly. When I tried to play them, I kept getting that error message saying the appropriate decompressor was unable to be downloaded. I found your post here about that problem, and I downloaded the level 1 fdd_show file thing and installed it. When I went to go play it again, I didn't get the error anymore, but for some reason, the video would show a "snapshot" of somewhere in the middle of the opening theme and freeze there, and the music would play as normal. Is this a problem with the files? or my computer? Any advice would be very helpful! Thank you much!
Old 2004-06-10, 07:30   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalKitty
Ok, here's my trouble with the .AVI files. I recently downloaded the Naruto 2-4 episodes, and they appeared to have downloaded correctly. When I tried to play them, I kept getting that error message saying the appropriate decompressor was unable to be downloaded. I found your post here about that problem, and I downloaded the level 1 fdd_show file thing and installed it. When I went to go play it again, I didn't get the error anymore, but for some reason, the video would show a "snapshot" of somewhere in the middle of the opening theme and freeze there, and the music would play as normal. Is this a problem with the files? or my computer? Any advice would be very helpful! Thank you much!
Installing ffdshow is the right way to go, but did you uninstall every other codec as well? Doesn't seem so ^_^

That's what to do:
Uninstall every video codec incl. ffdshow
Install ffdshow from the stickied thread
Hopefully it should work now. If not, use GSpot on the file and see if the necessary codecs are installed.