Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-05-11, 06:46   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
trying to install FF VII, not working any help?

well i bought the game Final Fantasy VII today, after hearing much about it from my friend and watching the new FF VII movie i got curious about it

well, the problem is that when i try to install it i get this message (translated from dutch to English) :

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. systemfile not not appropiate for MS-DOS- and windows changes (i think it means changes) , press close / shut down or ignore

but even when i press ignore nothing happens, everything else seems to work fine for me

EDIT : also the top blu bar said : windows 16 bit sub system

i tried to put my graphics on 16 bit, but its still showing the message

EDIT AGAIN! :

well i got it to install by copying some files from my C:\window/repair map to system 32, but now it is installed but i cant boot it up, for some unknown hardware reason FF VII wont start, whenever i boot it up it load but then i get a message from windows that they have to shut it down for some mistake it made...

3rd EDIT : i got this nifty XP patch for FF VII, saying that it will give out all caused problems in the cathegory game crashes but right now somehting else is wrong again *sigh* does the story never end...

i boot up the game, get the screen with Clouds sword with the 2 options, continue game or New Game, of course i press new game, screen goes black, pc starts to load together with the CD for a while and then nothing happens...

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2006-05-11 at 07:30.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 19:18   Link #2
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Hmmmm

FFVII PC is optimized for some really old hardware. What kind of video card do you have? Or sound card?

Go to Start - Programs - Squaresoft - FFVII - FFVII Config and change it to "software rendering" for video and "general MIDI" and see if it works.

Or you can PM me for the "Final Fantasy Ultimate Edition" a fan hacked version of the PC version optimized for newer hardware and doesn't require CD swapping.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 06:12   Link #3
Ending

Don't bother with the PC version and get the PS version instead; you can play it on ePSXe no problemo (have it myself, in fact). It does require a bit of twidling with the options, but that's just a one-time operation.

And since you have bought it, I'm sure no one would be even able to cross-stare at you if you just downloaded it.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote