AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2020-06-30, 19:19   Link #81
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I thought the auto re-roll was in the Jp. version too?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-01, 04:18   Link #82
GDB

Na: 565677848
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-01, 06:04   Link #83
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I thought the auto re-roll was in the Jp. version too?
No. You had to delete and re-dl. At least when it first came out. Not sure subsequently
Old 2020-07-02, 11:15   Link #84
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Reroll button was nice and all, but I barely got a job +1 SR weapon after three hours of rerolling. Some people took more than a day, missing today's colosseum just to roll 2 jobs + SR weapons.

Anyway, the game is pretty, with nice art, music and good voice acting, it's grindy but not TOO grindy; the newbie energy rush lasts until rank 30-ish. Still, it's an expensive game! €30 for a x11 roll is just too much, although maybe that's just how gacha games roll these days, I don't know.

Stage difficulty is variable, the first event is easy enough at first but scales hard on the last two verses. Story mode seeeeems okay, with only ch.5 and Alice 4-10 being super hard. I rolled a cleric job, got ~20k power and got rekt, so I'm not too sure what to make of it.

Gameplay: the targeting system is rigid. Everyone must finish acting before you can select a target, and that's really, really annoying. The class system + weapon grid is easy enough to get into, but weapons are not readily available, and you can't use dupes either, so now I know why people want to spend so much $$$ to quickly make a good deck. A guildie actually spent $400 to hit 40k on day 1, highest player I've heard of atm sits at 70k or so. IMO it's stupid because everyone knows about the incoming power creep, but whatever.

The game crashes a bit on stage rewards, lags somewhat too. Other than that, it's been fun so far.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-02, 23:17   Link #85
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post

Anyway, the game is pretty, with nice art, music and good voice acting, it's grindy but not TOO grindy; the newbie energy rush lasts until rank 30-ish. Still, it's an expensive game! €30 for a x11 roll is just too much, although maybe that's just how gacha games roll these days, I don't know.
Don't buy anything except during sales. Else it's really not worth it. Welcome to present day moba-gaming BTW. FGO's also roughly around that price range but of course has way less pressure to whale

Quote:

Gameplay: the targeting system is rigid. Everyone must finish acting before you can select a target, and that's really, really annoying. The class system + weapon grid is easy enough to get into, but weapons are not readily available, and you can't use dupes either, so now I know why people want to spend so much $$$ to quickly make a good deck. A guildie actually spent $400 to hit 40k on day 1, highest player I've heard of atm sits at 70k or so. IMO it's stupid because everyone knows about the incoming power creep, but whatever.
Wait till you hit lag issues lol. Then you'll see how frustrating it can be
Old 2020-07-03, 03:48   Link #86
GDB

FGO is like, five 10-rolls for $90. About $18 for a ten-roll.
Old 2020-07-03, 12:59   Link #87
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Don't buy anything except during sales. Else it's really not worth it. Welcome to present day moba-gaming BTW. FGO's also roughly around that price range but of course has way less pressure to whale
I'm honestly shocked, but yeah, I don't think I'll even need to buy gems, unless paid jobs become a thing. Also shocking is the fact that sparking resets at the end of every month (desire medals I think), so if you're going to throw gems at a banner, you're basically forced to do it all at once.
Old 2020-07-03, 13:39   Link #88
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I'm honestly shocked, but yeah, I don't think I'll even need to buy gems, unless paid jobs become a thing. Also shocking is the fact that sparking resets at the end of every month (desire medals I think), so if you're going to throw gems at a banner, you're basically forced to do it all at once.
They are, but generally you focus on the jobs with mastery bonuses that benefit the role you want to play in co-op modes, so not all of them will be useful.

For example, if you want to focus on being a physical DPS (Breaker/swords or Crusher/hammers), then you want to focus on PATK and paid jobs like Red Riding Hood/Cleric won't have many useful mastery bonuses for that.

Also if you're just playing casually for the story and only touching PvE modes, then min/maxing job mastery bonuses won't be a big deal anyway.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-03, 21:15   Link #89
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
FGO is like, five 10-rolls for $90. About $18 for a ten-roll.
The 1% rate kind of balances it out though. Although it also doesn't pressure you to whale this much since only few units are truly OP there. This one here is arms race vs either other players or the game content

Quote:
Yes. There are paid jobs. Usually not worth it though. Focusing on the %age buff jobs is better IMO. And yeah.....the medal reset means you need to hoard quartz
Old 2020-07-04, 04:12   Link #90
McW
Canaan II When?

2 Days in this game... I'm not sure if I like this or not. Expected deeper story like a VN, somehow disappointed since story is short, very short and not very interested on it so far... and didn't bother to re-roll.

Combat is... eh... not sure, not liking it or hating it...

Maybe I play it for a month or 2, see how it goes after a couple of events. Planning to play very casually even no login some day. Plus Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 coming next week so not very short of games to play.

BTW ID:305409306 IGN: NrTmt (for Nier Automata)
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-04, 04:45   Link #91
GDB

Story gets better as arcs go on, but the majority of the lore is from weapon descriptions.

Combat is honestly the weakest part of the game.
Old 2020-07-04, 11:05   Link #92
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, time for an update. My guild is supposed to be semi-competitive, but we actually placed 7th yesterday on the colosseum rankings. Today, an announcement came out for a total power requirement of 35k, with Sunday's fight as a deadline. As a cleric, my main concern is hoarding staves, not many of which are currently in the game (I think there are 7 or so?), which meant I had to fill my grid with orbs, tomes and instruments, just to get that power requirement. I also ended up using all my skip tickets, a 2x drop vial, two x11 draws and a few purification tickets just to get ~15k power in half an hour. All of that, just to level up some gear which I won't be using in the future, it feels like SUCH a waste!

Anyway, the game's fun to play, but making elemental grids is near impossible atm. This is definitely the kind of game where you kick back until a banner that you like pops up and then just unload all your quartz on it, but people are really desperate to rush through the whole thing. I hope I can relax while playing in the future...if anyone asks of me to even reach 40k as a cleric, I might as well switch guilds.
Old 2020-07-04, 22:06   Link #93
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Story is good.
But gameplay is awful.
Not worth it just because Yoko Taro.
Old 2020-07-05, 00:32   Link #94
Shadow5YA

Yeah, the gameplay does not interest me at all. Weapon abilities are straightforward and don't seem to provide anything interesting.

I will still continue casually for the story until I hit a wall, then probably stop playing after a while.
Old 2020-07-05, 00:44   Link #95
GDB

Quote:
So, time for an update. My guild is supposed to be semi-competitive, but we actually placed 7th yesterday on the colosseum rankings. Today, an announcement came out for a total power requirement of 35k, with Sunday's fight as a deadline. As a cleric, my main concern is hoarding staves, not many of which are currently in the game (I think there are 7 or so?), which meant I had to fill my grid with orbs, tomes and instruments, just to get that power requirement. I also ended up using all my skip tickets, a 2x drop vial, two x11 draws and a few purification tickets just to get ~15k power in half an hour. All of that, just to level up some gear which I won't be using in the future, it feels like SUCH a waste!

Anyway, the game's fun to play, but making elemental grids is near impossible atm. This is definitely the kind of game where you kick back until a banner that you like pops up and then just unload all your quartz on it, but people are really desperate to rush through the whole thing. I hope I can relax while playing in the future...if anyone asks of me to even reach 40k as a cleric, I might as well switch guilds.
Talk to your GM. As a cleric, staves are 100% more important than power. If they're arbitrarily putting a power requirement on support classes, they're messing up. Further, if there's more than 5 vanguard (or mages, as they're basically vanguards) in the guild for colo and they're still trying to "min max" like that, they're really messing up.

If they ask you to toss in some instruments, for now that's probably fine. Probably not so much tomes, though. I know late game Sorcerers and Minstrels sometimes would dip into the other's stuff if they didn't have the best of the best stuff for every slot (Sorcmin and Minsorc being their unoriginal names). Though even then they only ever dipped 5 of their 20 slots, and it meant they couldn't use a Half Nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah, the gameplay does not interest me at all. Weapon abilities are straightforward and don't seem to provide anything interesting.

I will still continue casually for the story until I hit a wall, then probably stop playing after a while.
It's really easy to hit walls, honestly. I hit one at Alice 1-4-10 and had to switch to another character's story to finish arc 1. Now I'm hitting another at Alice 2-3-10, and not sure if I want to try to keep beating it (I'm getting WRECKED) or switch to Pinocchio's story to reach Alice 2-4-10 and unlock Paladin Alice.

Probably going to do that, honestly.
Old 2020-07-05, 01:11   Link #96
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ah yes, that Alice 1-4-10, I was stuck there until Friday. I'm only now finishing everyone's book 1, but from what I've heard the difficulty curve is very steep.

Quote:
I know late game Sorcerers and Minstrels sometimes would dip into the other's stuff if they didn't have the best of the best stuff for every slot (Sorcmin and Minsorc being their unoriginal names). Though even then they only ever dipped 5 of their 20 slots, and it meant they couldn't use a Half Nightmare.
If only I had 5/20 misc weapons, my current grid is 4-12, with 4 being staves. It's going to be rough until we get some banners going.
Old 2020-07-05, 01:50   Link #97
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

For everyone wishing to play mainly for story, besides the main one, the key event is the DoD event where Accord appears

Certain individual side event stories are pretty nice but they are mainly character-focused rather than driving the overall plot.

Quote:
Talk to your GM. As a cleric, staves are 100% more important than power. If they're arbitrarily putting a power requirement on support classes, they're messing up. Further, if there's more than 5 vanguard (or mages, as they're basically vanguards) in the guild for colo and they're still trying to "min max" like that, they're really messing up.

I wonder when we'll start seeing those OP Sorc focused guilds in English-server. The ones where they just debuff you to uselessness and their sole frontline class player takes his time to pick your team off. Probably when Gretel's Half-Nightmare becomes available I guess
Old 2020-07-05, 02:58   Link #98
GDB

I'm so frustrated trying to get Alice Paladin. Can't get past Alice 2-3-10 nor Pinocchio 2-2-10, so can't even get into the 4th chapter to try for her.

Guess I'll just... stop trying and put the game on ultra super casual barely log on mode until the Neir event.
Old 2020-07-05, 14:37   Link #99
Shadow5YA

Yeah, the current banner doesn't really look appealing, so I'll just sit back until the Nier banner I guess.
Old 2020-07-05, 21:50   Link #100
McW
Canaan II When?

Man coloseum is broken! Yesterday my guild of 14 member fought an one-man guild, and today fought a guild that triple our stats. Not going anywhere in this.
McW is offline   Reply With Quote