AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2020-06-08, 07:18   Link #61
GDB

All indications are from scratch.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-08, 10:34   Link #62
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So, most people will forego the first few gacha events in anticipation of the better ones they know are out there atm. Hmm...I got two questions:

1. Is it worth investing in early gacha to reach a decent level faster? This is closely tied to...
2. Is it easy to save up draws?

When I say easy, I'll give two examples from other games, both of which I've played and quit, simply because I've had my fill:
A) Evertale - lots of small soulstone gains from every event chapter cleared, +story bonus, +hard mode bonus, extras ranging 3~6k depending on PvP ladder. A solid average of three 10x draws per month.
B) Another Eden - 30 chronos stones from login and shop check, a massive amount from completing the story (part I was nearly 50 chapters long) and fair bits from character quests. Big bonuses from maintenance compensation and anniversaries.

Supplementary question: does whaling break the game? Like, if someone dumps $1k a month or gets a particular draw, do they become near-invincible? I've played games like that and it hurt a lot when a certain character that could be directly purchased for $100 just broke the game entirely.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-08, 23:47   Link #63
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Is that PvP for strengthening thing new from the past 6 months or so? When I last played, you got them from getting more jobs for the character.
Yes, from middle of last year....some time around Code Geass event, so in summer

Quote:
1. Is it worth investing in early gacha to reach a decent level faster? This is closely tied to...
2. Is it easy to save up draws?
1) No. These weapons/Nightmares etc literally get powercreeped to hell and back by the year's end. Save for later...maybe from the Automata event onwards. Instead just focus on building Job count/ Arcanas at the start. BTW.....the powercreeping NEVER ends in this game. Cost 22 weapons are slowly becoming more common in JP server right now.....It's honestly one of the biggest downsides to it. Standard Square Enix tactics

2) So-so. There are periods when the quartz is very generously given like water and periods when it's a practical drought. You can get 10 rolls easily from medals though.

As for whether whaling breaks it.....Yeah, whales are near invincible, but in PvP, they are balanced out by other whales. When matchmaker screws up and pits you against them though....RIP. In PvE, the raids become increasingly harder over time to pose a challenge for them. Guild raids are absolutely un-soloable even by high level whales. And the game is designed to suck as much money out of the player as possible due to how many things there are that contribute to your stat count so unless you have very deep pockets, it's not economical to whale. You can more or less get by with light spending actually, just that higher level content is out of your league unless some strong allies join your party in battle.
Old 2020-06-10, 13:31   Link #64
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Alright, thanks for the info. I'll check out the tier lists and probably reroll till I get a good start. How far can you go in the rankings without reaching too deep in your pockets? Top 20, 100, 1000? At least guild-wise.
Old 2020-06-10, 15:41   Link #65
GDB

I'm doubting it'll be as competitive in English as Japanese. Will still be those who whale, but not the same numbers, so hard to say.
Old 2020-06-11, 03:15   Link #66
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Yeah, hard to say.....Considering this game isn't very well known amongst English speakers so it's unlikely it'll be as tough as JP server. Being top 500 of Division 3 already nets quite nice rewards so there's that. Higher tiers are more for bragging rights and street cred amongst hardcore players
Old 2020-06-11, 11:27   Link #67
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sounds good enough for me to get started, I'll keep this on my watch list.
Old 2020-06-13, 03:49   Link #68
AnimeFangirl

Last question: if I knew enough Japanese to play the original, would you recommend that over the global, even though Japanese players must be way stronger by now?
Old 2020-06-13, 12:42   Link #69
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Couldn't hurt.....At least you don't have to wade through all those by-now-useless-because-powercreeped stuff as opposed to early players.

BTW, the current JP version has quite a fair number of features contributing to your character's effectiveness which are quite hidden (hidden because the buttons are real small, The UI is confusing, the effect alone is minute but quite significant as a whole, etc) so do research thoroughly. Internet info is quite sparse so the easiest way is to find some friendly advanced player in game and ask them directly.
Old 2020-06-13, 16:19   Link #70
AnimeFangirl

Waahh, sounds like a pain. I'll ponder both options and see.
Old 2020-06-23, 11:16   Link #71
Kafriel
Senior Guest

People on discord say that players on JP have spent even $20k on the game. I take it with a grain of salt, but they said that there are things you can gain by paying directly w/o gacha, and that competitive f2p players would need around 6h a day to keep up. Any confirmation on this?
Old 2020-06-23, 12:57   Link #72
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
People on discord say that players on JP have spent even $20k on the game. I take it with a grain of salt, but they said that there are things you can gain by paying directly w/o gacha, and that competitive f2p players would need around 6h a day to keep up. Any confirmation on this?
hahaha....explains all the 500K+ stat monsters I see then. Consider you need like 5 copies of an L rank weapon to max LB it.....And there's many of them.

What can mere peasant like me who actually has a life outside the game do against that. Typical Square Enix business tactics.

And yes, you can buy loads of stuff directly. Some are worth it, some aren't....Nightmares (Especially Rithe, Mithra, Rikone, Yuno, Dorias etc...) and Arcana medals are worth it, but generally most expensive. Job medals are fine. Paid weapons are usually not that good compared to gacha ones
Old 2020-06-23, 13:29   Link #73
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The grind is real, you need a ton of mats to upgrade all the way to LB... but the way I see it, the course of action is:
- get a job ( )
- boost dem grids
- when your power caps out, expand on other weapons for the same class, or another class for the same character (I think?)

and expect to get trashed in PvP, although I suppose the first month or two will have a lot of casual players in, until the hardcore whales kick them out...unless it doesn't get that bad, who knows. The worst thing I've heard so far is that there are free nightmares, but cost more to activate compared to paid ones. That's just wrong on so many levels =/
Old 2020-06-23, 15:37   Link #74
GDB

$20k is pretty low actually. The whale in my guild (he had two or three alts "for fun", one was in the guild) said the top whales (those going for first place in PvP) generally drop between $2k and $2500 per month to stay competitive.
Old 2020-06-24, 00:41   Link #75
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
The grind is real, you need a ton of mats to upgrade all the way to LB... but the way I see it, the course of action is:
- get a job ( )
- boost dem grids
- when your power caps out, expand on other weapons for the same class, or another class for the same character (I think?)

and expect to get trashed in PvP, although I suppose the first month or two will have a lot of casual players in, until the hardcore whales kick them out...unless it doesn't get that bad, who knows. The worst thing I've heard so far is that there are free nightmares, but cost more to activate compared to paid ones. That's just wrong on so many levels =/

When your cost caps out, if there are no Arcanas around the only way seems to be leveling up in the osouji section....which takes A LOT of finger-gaming to level. So you can spend hours literally just playing finger swiping on your phone lmao.

Free Nightmares usually end up as stat padding in your sub-inventory. Your main ones are generally going to be either those you bought or gacha-ed since their effects are usually the most used
Old 2020-06-25, 04:18   Link #76
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

https://twitter.com/sinoalice_jp/sta...90509627342848

https://twitter.com/sinoalice_jp/sta...992775/photo/1

https://twitter.com/sinoalice_jp/sta...501888/photo/1

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. On one hand.....this should help a bit in facing the tougher content. On the other...yeah, fat chance they won't dramatically raise the difficulty level again. It's tough to get to the point where you can actually aid others in raids and not have to parasite off others only to then revert back to the latter because the difficulty got bumped up another notch. Even worse when you are currently not in a guild because you have no time for such stuff

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-06-25 at 04:49.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-25, 12:53   Link #77
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'll just wait to see how the global launch fares. If this game turns impossible to compete in...at least I'll play the story before quitting.
Old 2020-06-26, 02:32   Link #78
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I'll just wait to see how the global launch fares. If this game turns impossible to compete in...at least I'll play the story before quitting.
The overarching story's good at least. It ties into the wider Yoko Taro-verse so if you have knowledge of the DoD/NieR settings you can appreciate it more. The two annoying puppets at least, are definitely related to the Nameless Ones so the story can be another timeline where they finally decided to directly attack Earth

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-06-26 at 04:58.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-30, 10:41   Link #79
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Game releases tomorrow...and there is rumoured to be an actual reroll button to skip all the re-downloading! About 14h to go...
Old 2020-06-30, 16:09   Link #80
GDB

Rumored from who? I wasn't aware that they had done any early release playtests for promotion or anything.