Old 2020-07-17, 03:54   Link #1
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The Most Notorious "TALKER" Run the World's Greatest Clan

https://over-lap.co.jp/narou/865546767/

Title: 最凶の支援職【話術士】である俺は世界最強クランを従える
Author: Jaki
Illustrator: fame

Synopsis: The MC, Noel, raised by his grandfather who was once the world's strongest seeker, aims to become the strongest like his grand father did. But of all thing, his job is Talker, which is the absolutely the weakest class when it comes to combat.
Thus unable to become the strongest seeker, Noel shift his goal to built the world
s strongest clan.

Overlap has been pushing this series really hard recently. So I took a peek at it in Narou. This turned out to be a really good read. Mostly because of the MC.
Noel is such a self-centered asshole who would use every dirty trick in the book to attain his goal. To make up for his lack of physical strength, the boy truly use all means possible to get around.
And he truly is a yakuza at heart in his way of employing violence, greed, and fear. If wasn't for his dream to become the strongest seeker, I'd love to see him team up with Finokkio for world domination as some supreme crime lord.

Noel's also very self destructive with his obsession to become the strongest (as well as avenging his grandpa). His literally bleed his brain with his combat style. In combat, he dump all of his resource to expand his calculation capacity as the command tower which puts his brain in constant overdrive. He's been bleeding internally none stop since the fight with the Vampire Lord.
And albeit an extremely calculating individual who will always prepare layer and layers of dirty plot to ensure victory before taking action, he throws all reasons away when it comes to avenge his grandfather.

Ahh, how I love this type of MC who goes bunker with trauma.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 04:48   Link #2
Zirnitra

Noel is one of the best mc imo.
I wonder how many people will join his clan until they become the strongest
Zirnitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 07:18   Link #3
zztop

WN translation link for those interested.
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/...strongest-see/

So far there's only 1 LN volume, released June 24th.
Spoiler for Vol 1 cover:

Noel's personality is the same as those Korean/Chinese webtoon MCs, imo - the smart, dedicated but ruthless bastard type.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 13:02   Link #4
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

And traumatized.
How his obsession will continue to escalate is what really kept me keep on reading this.
It is also my one single worry on this series. Well the writer let this traumatize to finally break Noel?
That's what I really really ant to see.
But the chance of it happening is some what 50/50 base the writer's style so far.
Old 2020-11-01, 22:53   Link #5
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Vol.2 finally arrived....
And I must say this writer really knows how to make the readers open their wallet and buy his books.
I also must give Overlap some praises for their wise choices on who to invest on.

First, that bonus chapter only available on the physical version is an absolutely wonderful idea.
It certainly boost sales. On top of that it explains the question on the new character that does not exist in the web version.
So it hooks the reader who purchase digital version only to again purchase the physical version.
Dirty tactic, but a very smart one.

And the content is wow. By establishing Malebolge as the last boss really gives the story a better focus than the web version. The whole next loop story arc is also a very nice surprise.

There is also a chance the next volume making it by Christmas if the writer writes fast enough.
Can't wait. The writer really got me hooked.
Old 2020-11-09, 01:42   Link #6
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
And I must say this writer really knows how to make the readers open their wallet and buy his books.
I also must give Overlap some praises for their wise choices on who to invest on.

First, that bonus chapter only available on the physical version is an absolutely wonderful idea.
It certainly boost sales. On top of that it explains the question on the new character that does not exist in the web version.
So it hooks the reader who purchase digital version only to again purchase the physical version.

And the content is wow. By establishing Malebolge as the last boss really gives the story a better focus than the web version. The whole next loop story arc is also a very nice surprise.

There is also a chance the next volume making it by Christmas if the writer writes fast enough.
Last I heard, author's dad had a cerebral stroke so they said their writing speed might slow down.
Old 2020-11-09, 12:25   Link #7
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Last I heard, author's dad had a cerebral stroke so they said their writing speed might slow down.
That happened a while ago, which is one of the reasons that finally made the writer decided to delete the web version.
Old 2020-11-10, 01:24   Link #8
zztop

Quote:
That happened a while ago, which is one of the reasons that finally made the writer decided to delete the web version.
I also remember the other reason was the author getting angry after finding out the WN version was being fantranslated.
Something about how the translators were pirating/stealing their hard work for free.
Old 2020-11-10, 02:17   Link #9
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
I also remember the other reason was the author getting angry after finding out the WN version was being fantranslated.
Something about how the translators were pirating/stealing their hard work for free.
He was outraged because he is very protective of his intellectual property, especially the interpretation of it.
Because there is no way for him to determine if the translation is accurate, or carries the same interpretation that the author intended it.
So to the author, the fan trans is like someone else putting words in his mouth and he has no way if these words are what he wanted to say.

Then when his father had the stroke, he can't take the stress anymore and outright delete the web version.
Old 2020-11-10, 10:53   Link #10
zztop

Quote:
He was outraged because he is very protective of his intellectual property, especially the interpretation of it.
Because there is no way for him to determine if the translation is accurate, or carries the same interpretation that the author intended it.
So to the author, the fan trans is like someone else putting words in his mouth and he has no way if these words are what he wanted to say.

Then when his father had the stroke, he can't take the stress anymore and outright delete the web version.
I also recall the author saying they were worried of being hate-targeted by overly-PC foreigners reading the novel; who disagree with how Noel is characterised.
Old 2020-11-14, 00:42   Link #11
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
I also recall the author saying they were worried of being hate-targeted by overly-PC foreigners reading the novel; who disagree with how Noel is characterised.
Hahaha, worry not.
The writer is pretty good at telling people to screw themselves.
Old 2020-11-18, 11:10   Link #12
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

Could you give a little info on this new character?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-19, 23:37   Link #13
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Malborge? The 8th of the Ten Kings.
A fox monster who assimilated into human society.
As in she can exist outside the Abyss, and is actually person who is behind the Lord of Flies.

In the physical version bonus. It was revealed that she eventually hijacked the Ley Line of the entire planet thus literally took control of the world. This forced Noel to play suicide tactic to destroy the world along with her. Malborge, trying to save herself, loop the world to settle her score with Noel in the next loop. The physical version bonus in future volumes will be about this next loop.
Old 2020-12-06, 04:37   Link #14
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Welp, Jaki couldn't make it. Vol.3 is pushed back to February.
Old 2021-03-01, 20:49   Link #15
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

The light novel and manga have been licensed by Seven Seas.

Old 2021-03-05, 23:49   Link #16
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Got vol.3 and this is so good.
Especially the story of the loop world. I did not expect any of these developments.
HOh, the Lord of Fly is a Talker too! What a scary Talker she is.
And who would have thought she eventually grew to be this nice. Just what happened between her and Noel?
Old 2021-03-06, 00:26   Link #17
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

You're making me pretty curious here... What exactly happened?

Old 2021-03-06, 20:49   Link #18
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Vol.3 is such a blast.
John and Zero made their exist this volume, which is much earlier than I thought.
But their exit is really a blast.
Rodania Republic in the past had conducted experiments of artificially creating the Messiah. They use the remains of the Phoenix, who can revive the prey it devoured as its underlings.
An artifact was made using Phoenix' remain and implanted into women. Then have the women ate the body tissue of Lexington Rodanius, the founder of Rodania Republic.
The women then gave birth to replica of Messiah.
The replicas eventually rebelled and escaped from the facility.
John is one of the replicas, he also took Zero, the dragon replica with him during the escape.
The replicas then formed a band of bandit known as Deep Snow and used their powers to live however they like. Until their short replica life span hits them and their power deteriorates.
One of the replica end up becoming the traitor as he can't withstand the despair of being short live.
Eventually Deep Snow was annihilated with John and Zero as the only survivors.
John eventually got scouted by the Imperial Prince to become a Seeker in the empire.

Originally John want to become a hero by leading the Seekers to fight the Variant. But Noel showed up and John sees him as a worthy foe. So instead if waiting for Variant, in which John is going to deteriorates to the point where he can longer fight in full potential by the time they show up. John choose Noel as his final opponent to fight in full strength when he still can.

The fight then went... well. Zero made his move first to force Noel to cast his trump card by threatening Noel with Loki.
Noel's trump card is this drug made of using the remains of the vampire lord he had beaten. The drug gave him the strength of a lord in exchange of his life. 1 minute costs him 10 years.

Noel fell unconscious due to the rebound from the drug and cannot participate in the final battle between Lorelai and Wild Tempest.
Leon end up had to hire Mirage Triad and Sieg Finestein as mercenaries to cover the power gap.

The fight between John and Sieg is well... power inflation. John blasted Sieg with Messiah Skill: Apocalypse, which is pretty much a black hole. The black whole devoured Sieg and the black hole itself compressed into nothingness... then Sieg escaped by slashing the world itself open.

It just a single fight and the power level just jumped into a whole different level.

But Noel, cracked more drug, finally made to the battle field to take on John himself.
Noel, with his physical strength boosted by the drug, finally can fight in the battle style he had been taught. A infighter with all the techniques taught by his grand father, not skill reliant too!
The fight end in John giving the victory to Noel and cured Noel from the side effect of the drug. (But Noel's lost life is not coming back, Noel now has ten years or shorter of life left.)

Upon his death, John destroyed his and Zero's corpse with Apocalypse, so they won't get recycled by Lord of Flies.

Oh, and here are the reaction of the spectators.
Malborge: What exciting entertainment!
Empireo: Disgusting weaklings! What a disappointing fight!
Lord of Fly: Uhhh Malborge, this is what you have been expecting right?

As for the looped world. The person we have been made to believe is Noel actually is the Lord of Fly in disguise. But we had no idea why does She have Noel's gun.
But base on Malborge's comment, something happened between the two and Lord of Fly has grown to like Noel and become a nicer person.
Lord of Fly also had turned against Malborge after finding out Malborge was just using her.
But Lord of Fly's newly acquired soft heartedness lead to weakness, and got stomped by Malborge but was saved by Kouga.

Last edited by shmaster; 2021-03-07 at 19:53.
Old 2021-03-07, 17:54   Link #19
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Sounds quite interesting, but who's Empireo? A LN exclusive character?

Old 2021-03-07, 20:08   Link #20
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, Empireo is a LN only character.
Also a demon like Malborge who entered human world without using the abyss.
He knows about Noel's grandfather, so I'm suspecting he's the demon who killed the grandpa back then.

Speaking of LN only. It was revealed that Malborge was the one who introduced Dori from the Goat Dinner to the spy from Rodania. And from there Dori decided to propose an alliance to Noel, which Noel did not accept.

While Lord of Fly assisting the spy in ambushing John was Lord of Fly's own idea without Malborge's consent.

Though, we haven't been given the explanation on why the Malborge faction wants the John off the chess board so bad.