2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-23, 08:15   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mahouka, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-05-24, 14:13   Link #2
bakato

Aww, man. They seriously undercut Tatsuya's reaction to getting picked for the engineering staff. When Miyuki was for it, he was all like "et tu Brutus!"
Old 2014-05-24, 14:13   Link #3
rladls2121

This is the episode I wanted.

Tatsuya is giving himself away.

Tatsuya's facts about Silver Taurus and Miyuki's reactions, definitely best part.
Old 2014-05-24, 14:37   Link #4
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Aww, man. They seriously undercut Tatsuya's reaction to getting picked for the engineering staff. When Miyuki was for it, he was all like "et tu Brutus!"
Yeah, his reactions to Azusa and then Miyuki were really funny, but they completely leeched that out of the scene.

Atleast I still found the Erika-Tatsuya-Leo-Miki scene quite entertaining.
Old 2014-05-24, 14:44   Link #5
Rozmdan
Nameless

A very interesting episode, he proves that something fundamentally flawed is still possible. For someone who doesn't appear to want to stand out he's doing the opposite pretty well.
Old 2014-05-24, 15:05   Link #6
HandofFate

I guess there's no way to tell with black & white LN illustrations.
But I always imagined Yoshida as blonde lol.

Either him or Leo, figured at least one of them given their personality was blonde, but both are just plain black & brown hair.
Old 2014-05-24, 15:07   Link #7
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It seemed as if little happened except the reveal(s) and setting up the next episode, but the episode flew by, and Miyuki/Hayamin floating around in the air like Tinkerbell, with a delighted/devoted smile, made the whole ep worth it, for me. Enjoyable episode.
Spoiler for reveals, one my speculation based on this ep:
Unlike bakato and Guest2, I liked the restrained way they did the scene where they decided to volunteer him for the engineering team. We'd seen him upset at Miyuki putting him forward, and I didn't need more of that. And his standing up to leave was enough to make the point that he'd rather not take part. I don't think I personally would have found emphasizing the reactions very funny, but senses of humour differ. It's all good.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2014-05-24, 15:08   Link #8
Rava

Hmm, Mikihiko's voice really fits him IMO.

Although...

"Actually, the thing is, I've been wanting to talk to you for a while."

Accompanied by a small blush.

-_-;

I do think Tatsuya getting up to get away was the main reason Azusa thought about him though.
Old 2014-05-24, 15:11   Link #9
cyth
Banned

Enjoyable episode, I just hope the No-Head Dragons won't be as headless as the terrorists in the previous arc. Tatsuya hyping reached new levels though.
Old 2014-05-24, 15:13   Link #10
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
I do think Tatsuya getting up to get away was the main reason Azusa thought about him though.
It was bad timing. And Miyuki dealt the death blow.

But it might hit an iceberg...
Old 2014-05-24, 15:16   Link #11
The Green One

Miyuki cut off his escape route deliberately I'd say.
Old 2014-05-24, 15:46   Link #12
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

As I suspected, viewing this with the conviction that it is a parody of itself helps your enjoyment immensely.
Episode was absolutely hilarious.

Btw, love the consistency: few episodes back Erika had a problem with one guy seeing absolutely none of her cleavage. Now she's suddenly fine parading her butt around for everyone to see

Edit: it was obvious the second the loli started fawning over Taurus silver that it must be Tatsuya.
Just as it was glaringly obvious the second the students were discussing that some spell was impossible and scholars failed to make it work... that Tatsuya already perfected it.
If someone were to mention that it's impossible to make cheesecake that tastes exactly like cheesecake but actually has the nutritional value of a fresh salad, you can assume that by the end of the episode, Tatsuya will be found to have invented and perfected it by the time he turned 5.
At least the show is consistent about that

Last edited by Faerie; 2014-05-24 at 16:16.
Old 2014-05-24, 16:00   Link #13
HandofFate

Decent intro episode to the next arc. Glad we're finally done with the pointless discrimination stuff and get to what really matters. Magic sports tournaments.

Erika with good old bloomers scene. Everyone having no idea what this ancient japanese piece of fashion is was funny.

Tatsuya didn't seem to offer as much resistance to joining the team in the discussion with the council, but I guess that's just what you expect to be lost in adaptation in these things. We just see him being cold and robotic on the outside, but we miss him in his head going all "oh good grief" "how unfortunate" and annoyance and paranoia about everyone him lol.
Old 2014-05-24, 16:11   Link #14
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Can they make it more obvious that Silver Taurus is Tatsuya?
Old 2014-05-24, 16:15   Link #15
LKK

I'm glad Miki has finally joined the cast. He's one of my favorite characters. I've been waiting for his appearance. Poor Leo. He really needs to learn when to stop talking. Especially when he's around Erika.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-05-24, 16:42   Link #16
Ickarium

Note what he said. The flight stuff is the first step. He has another goal in mind.

And yeah, I liked the episode. I really wish they'd let you see inside the characters' heads, though. You miss a bit without that.

Miyuki was adorable at the end.
Old 2014-05-24, 17:00   Link #17
cleo

"So you're a BS magician?" Yeah, fun ep, even though the Tatsuya praise went through the roof. I guess that's the good thing about the first arc: it's made me somewhat numb for it. At least, it doesn't annoy me so much anymore.
I loved Miyuki flying around, both at the start and the end of the ep. That was wonderful, and I hope to see more stuff like that this arc.
Old 2014-05-24, 17:07   Link #18
rladls2121

But then again, things will get bad again since Tatsuya is informed to be careful.
What is Tatsuya surprised about?

First Blanche used the students to launch an attack and doing some theft.
And in this episode there are some chances that students from each multiple school might get attacked since criminals are lurking around where Nine School Competition going to be held.

So these kinds of things happens often in "Mahouka KouKou's" world.
Old 2014-05-24, 17:14   Link #19
guestuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
they just had a world war 3 so they still in the after math stage
Old 2014-05-24, 17:33   Link #20
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Unlike bakato and Guest2, I liked the restrained way they did the scene where they decided to volunteer him for the engineering team. We'd seen him upset at Miyuki putting him forward, and I didn't need more of that. And his standing up to leave was enough to make the point that he'd rather not take part. I don't think I personally would have found emphasizing the reactions very funny, but senses of humour differ. It's all good.
No my friend, we've truly missed out. In the original scene his reactions and comments they left out had made it one of my favourtie comedy scenes in the seines. It wasn't emphasizing his reluctance but the way his growing ego about getting smoothly away was popped. Ah well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozmdan View Post
A very interesting episode, he proves that something fundamentally flawed is still possible. For someone who doesn't appear to want to stand out he's doing the opposite pretty well.
Thats a special case there, but it is one of the things I find highly amusing about his character. His words are all overly humble when talking about himmlf but sometimes when conflict is inevitable, Tatsuya doesn't back down or hold back with his words. He makes some ridiculous statements about what he plans to accomplish that come out so 'matter of fact'-like that they can be seen as nothing but arrogance. I always find it highly amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Btw, love the consistency: few episodes back Erika had a problem with one guy seeing absolutely none of her cleavage. Now she's suddenly fine parading her butt around for everyone to see
Its amusing in that I actually even have some friends who even act that way and dress accordingly due to complexes they have about certain body parts and confidence in other pats. Makes me laugh with how odd people actually are in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Edit: it was obvious the second the loli started fawning over Taurus silver that it must be Tatsuya.
Just as it was glaringly obvious the second the students were discussing that some spell was impossible and scholars failed to make it work... that Tatsuya already perfected it.
If someone were to mention that it's impossible to make cheesecake that tastes exactly like cheesecake but actually has the nutritional value of a fresh salad, you can assume that by the end of the episode, Tatsuya will be found to have invented and perfected it by the time he turned 5. :
Well you are right in that the way the anime covers it it might seem that way. But its mainly because alot of stuff was skipped. What Azusa was complaining about is that generalized flying magic should definitely possible based on facts the anime glosses over or skips, and she didn't understand why it hadn't been achieved yet.

Tatsuya's life dream explained to Sayaka in the previous arc, and his talents in certain specific fields have been set by the author to to be all linked to what Azusa was studying and Silver Taurus. But the explanations about what they are and how they are linked have been so far skipped.

So bear in mind your only getting half the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Ummm.. terrorism and criminal activity also occurs quite often in reality too.
Closed Thread