AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-06-02, 11:43   Link #1
Indalecio
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Indalecio Send a message via AIM to Indalecio Send a message via Yahoo to Indalecio
Yuusha-sama no Oshishou-sama (勇者様のお師匠様)

Cover from LN:

Synopsis:
After losing his parents, he yearns to become a Knight, the poor boy Wynn Byrd diligently train himself. However, it was hopeless for him to become a Knight, because his magical power was low, he can’t pass the Knight examination so he was labeled with the unpleasant title of 『Eternal Knight Cadet』.
But one day the Brave defeated the Maou and saved the world. The Brave was a peerless bishoujo and she became the center of attention from the entire world. However, the Brave declared to the entire world. 「I will return to my Master’s side, Wynn Byrd.」 This is the story about a boy who somehow changed his class from 『Eternal Knight Cadet』 to 『Brave’s Master』.

RAW: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n4890bm/
Translation: https://elephantno5.wordpress.com/projects/yno-toc/

Last edited by Indalecio; 2016-06-07 at 23:21.
Indalecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 12:02   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I remembered Okashira said this is good
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 13:46   Link #3
Tcol

Those covers give a feeling of a light heart story
Tcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 14:15   Link #4
mickbis

reading the synopsis....
the MC sound like Swordmaster class in the world where Magic knight is the only acceptable job
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 20:34   Link #5
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Calling it now: Brave and Wynn were childhood friends and that he did something for her which led to her declaring him as her master.

I really hope he becomes bullshit OP later in with just swordskills.
Old 2016-06-02, 23:36   Link #6
The One Above God
Kamijou

Those are beautiful covers.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 23:41   Link #7
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Calling it now: Brave and Wynn were childhood friends and that he did something for her which led to her declaring him as her master.
He didn't "do anything". He truly literally is her master to a T, and taught her everything from grabbing a sword, to details about incorporing magic into fighting. Furthermore what's more important is that he taught her values and discipline; and it's pretty damn obvious that without those her 10 year old self would have failed atrociously her journey to defeat the Maoh.

Their fighting styles are basically identical.

Oh, and the MC is basically screwed, because using magic for reinforcement makes a pretty damn big difference. As a trivia I'll mention that Leticia said that she can beat everyone in the world without reinforcing herself with magic, except for her O-shishou (does this mean that she killed the Maoh without using that? I would love that ).
Old 2016-06-03, 01:01   Link #8
Indalecio
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Indalecio Send a message via AIM to Indalecio Send a message via Yahoo to Indalecio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
He didn't "do anything". He truly literally is her master to a T, and taught her everything from grabbing a sword, to details about incorporing magic into fighting. Furthermore what's more important is that he taught her values and discipline; and it's pretty damn obvious that without those her 10 year old self would have failed atrociously her journey to defeat the Maoh.

Their fighting styles are basically identical.

Oh, and the MC is basically screwed, because using magic for reinforcement makes a pretty damn big difference. As a trivia I'll mention that Leticia said that she can beat everyone in the world without reinforcing herself with magic, except for her O-shishou (does this mean that she killed the Maoh without using that? I would love that ).
Is Wyn basically stronger than Brave in terms of pure Swordskill?
Old 2016-06-03, 03:46   Link #9
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indalecio View Post
Is Wyn basically stronger than Brave in terms of pure Swordskill?
Wynn himself considers himself inferior to Leticia sword skill wise after they grow up; the intensity of their experience / training so far is too different (live combat experience in harsh battlefields vs eternal self training).

(I find that point subjective since Letica considers herself inferior in skill to him, but his perspective is a little bit more objective than hers).
Old 2016-06-03, 04:36   Link #10
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Usual questions....
Old 2016-06-03, 04:45   Link #11
mlovolm

nope for all :v
mlovolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 11:15   Link #12
Tabeleta

^So there's no harem then? But there's romance between the two right? What level of romance?

The really slow one with nothing trying to get in their way, or the more fast-paced with like half the characters trying to butt in?
Old 2016-06-03, 11:45   Link #13
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
Those are beautiful covers.
Yeah, they have a very rustic feel to them. Very nice.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 12:59   Link #14
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Yeah, they have a very rustic feel to them. Very nice.
it's kinda have [Gibliish] feel to me. . .

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 17:28   Link #15
Cinnamon

Are there any differences between the LN and the WN? And no digital version on Amazon or Bookwalker makes me sad.
Old 2016-06-03, 18:37   Link #16
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Are there any differences between the LN and the WN? And no digital version on Amazon or Bookwalker makes me sad.
It's obvious that LN has been expanded basen on page / word count; the last time I checked, I got the impression Web version doesn't have enough content to translate 1 Arc = 1 Book.
Old 2016-06-04, 10:38   Link #17
Cinnamon

Just finished the first arc. I really like how the author depicts the conflict in this volume, especially the justification for one of the sides was pretty understandable.

Just found that there was a short drama track included with the third volume:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aihpqAqUi4Q
It's weird to hear Wynn speak in Hikigaya's voice...
Old 2016-06-05, 05:43   Link #18
Zefyris
図書館狼

Why do you burry this thread i nthe WN board rather than creating it in the LN board?
I don't get why peoples do that. When there's choice ebtween the two because both version exist, do it in the LN board, it's far easier to avoid having it being buried here.
Stuff like this work, and Nanasawa matari's novels should be on the LN board instead, just like Youjo senki is (same publisher, same path from NArou to them)

That LN is really nice read, I read 5 volumes so far, will get the 6th soon. A really nice "classic" fantasy novel.

BTW the MC in this one is really, really likeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Wynn himself considers himself inferior to Leticia sword skill wise after they grow up; the intensity of their experience / training so far is too different (live combat experience in harsh battlefields vs eternal self training).

(I find that point subjective since Letica considers herself inferior in skill to him, but his perspective is a little bit more objective than hers).
Yes, both consider the other above. AFAIK Wynn is really slightly above as long as no magic is involved. But whoever is above, it's really slightly anyway, so it probably just depends on the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabeleta View Post
^So there's no harem then? But there's romance between the two right? What level of romance?

The really slow one with nothing trying to get in their way, or the more fast-paced with like half the characters trying to butt in?
No harem. There's a love triangle though. The thing is, Wynn do not think he's appropriate as a partner for any of the two due to them being of a far higher social status. In a medieval world like that, this is a huge problem and that would lead to huge problems for them and for him. Pretty sure he likes Leticia BTW, so the other one is at a clear disadvantage here. Things may move more between leticia and him after volume 5 due to a certain "task" finally achieved but judging from the cover, volume 6 may be another flashback volume so maybe not before volume 7.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2016-06-05 at 06:03.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 06:09   Link #19
Darius Drake

@ Zefyris: The one it's supposed to go into depends on a number of things when there's both a Web Novel and a Light Novel. But, at the end of the day, if there's a translation, which part of the forum it goes into is supposed to depend on whether it's the Web Novel or the Light Novel being translated.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 06:13   Link #20
Indalecio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Why do you burry this thread i nthe WN board rather than creating it in the LN board?
I don't get why peoples do that. When there's choice ebtween the two because both version exist, do it in the LN board, it's far easier to avoid having it being buried here.
Stuff like this work, and Nanasawa matari's novels should be on the LN board instead, just like Youjo senki is (same publisher, same path from NArou to them)

That LN is really nice read, I read 5 volumes so far, will get the 6th soon. A really nice "classic" fantasy novel.

BTW the MC in this one is really, really likeable.

Yes, both consider the other above. AFAIK Wynn is really slightly above as long as no magic is involved. But whoever is above, it's really slightly anyway, so it probably just depends on the circumstances.

No harem. There's a love triangle though. The thing is, Wynn do not think he's appropriate as a partner for any of the two due to them being of a far higher social status. In a medieval world like that, this is a huge problem and that would lead to huge problems for them and for him. Pretty sure he likes Leticia BTW, so the other one is at a clear disadvantage here. Things may move more between leticia and him after volume 5 due to a certain "task" finally achieved but judging from the cover, volume 6 may be another flashback volume so maybe not before volume 7.
love triangle? who is the other woman beside Leticia?

Tags
love triangle, osananajimi, yuusha