4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.71%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-05, 17:53   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

They seriously went all out with the Saber Vs Assassin fight - thats getting a 10 from me right there.. and yet again being able to see bad arse Shirou - and to top it all of you get a heart breaking scene with Rin & Sakura - genius stuff. ^^

Looks like i was right - Gil's gonna crash the party! >.<
Old 2006-05-05, 18:20   Link #62
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

This thread is so spoilerish

4 pages in less than 6 hours. Wow. I refuse to click on the spoiler tags, but it looks set to be a great episode frolm the screens.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 18:23   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

After you've seen episode 18 - you'll see that they're not spoilers.
Old 2006-05-05, 18:25   Link #64
Mentar
Banned

Wow, what a great great episode

Being one of the few unspoiled, I definitely liked the turns and twists again. Some pretty good action, and aloooot of sweet drama.

I particularly liked the way they told Caster's background story. Not sappy, but very atmospheric.

And then again, we get treated to some nice Saber-Assassin action, Shirou is useful for a change and Rin - well, she's Rin. I've been suspecting the Sakura link for a while (only the firstborn magician is kept, the others are given to foster parents), but it's nice to see it cleared up.

I'll happily pull a 9 for that, and that's my top rating except for the totally exceptional episodes.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 18:27   Link #65
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
This thread is so spoilerish

4 pages in less than 6 hours. Wow. I refuse to click on the spoiler tags, but it looks set to be a great episode frolm the screens.
[spoiler]Sakura is secretly a dominatrix[./spoiler]
Old 2006-05-05, 18:49   Link #66
DwArD
mAnIaC

Am I the only one who hates Sakura new outfit? I'll rather see the pure innocent looking Sakura rather that one. Hmm.....guess this ep is mainly Sakura x Rin......I was desperately hoping for them to concentrate a bit more on the battle scenes. I'll love to see more fights between Saber and Assasin as well as Shirou's one but I suppposed that won't last long considering the fact that our golden friend is finally appearing in the next ep. Guess my hope of seeing Shirou using UBW has gone down the drain......
Old 2006-05-05, 18:50   Link #67
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
You must have had one of the worst raws ever. Her hair is and always has been pure purple. Don't see how you could possibly mistake it for black.

btw, is that Caster shot. You know, the really hot one, seriously in the episode?

RE: Sakura's hair - it was black. Check the shots of her as a child.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 18:57   Link #68
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
You must have had one of the worst raws ever. Her hair is and always has been pure purple. Don't see how you could possibly mistake it for black.
You really think that raws would have a different color?

What the episode.. then you shall see.
Old 2006-05-05, 20:02   Link #69
Mirtual

Sweet episode. Nice action, good music, story is being told fine.

Some episode spoilers ahead, no spoiler tag since this IS the episode 18 thread. Just warning those who haven't watch it, don't read any farther.

But I kind of don't get the end. Does this mean Sakura did kill Tohsaka? It looked like she dogded that knife, but there is blood on the floor?
We see a new servant coming up in episode 19, somehow I like him already. One more knight.
I wonder if Assassin is going to get killed by Saber.
BTW, where the hell did Lancer go?
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 20:15   Link #70
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual
But I kind of don't get the end. Does this mean Sakura did kill Tohsaka? It looked like she dogded that knife, but there is blood on the floor?
The knife managed to cut her left arm.

=======================
Anyway, a pointlessly confusing episode. Caster's little moment in the beginning with the flashbacks are so brief and segmented I doubt anyone who haven't played the game will get what they were about besides "a nice soothing atmosphere".

Sakura's, uh, outfit was interesting. Must be Caster's eccentric taste again.
I'd rather see the Dark Sakura outfit from the game instead though.

As for the Rin x Sakura thing, they're pretty much being as obvious as they can about the relationship between the two without actually saying it out loud. Little Sakura was cute. So this was what Nasu-san was talking about during that last popularity vote when he mentioned "the little Sakura that Takeuchi-san drew". ^^;

By the way, Sakura's hair and eye color used to be the same as Rin's (obviously, since they're ______). They became purple after Sakura was taken away by the Matou family and forced to "adapt" to their bloodline.

Next episode, Gil-sama Gil-sama Gil-sama
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 20:20   Link #71
doughboy

That was pretty decent, even if some of the fighting looked silly it was still good fun to watch. The long distance shot of Saber VS Assassin was crazy slick (thanks to not requiring much detail at such distance), and Rin finally throwing down some high-level magic was quite hot.

It was pretty funny though to see different styled faces of Saber spliced together in consecutive shots, a downside to recycling some Curtain Raiser cells.

Spoiler for the many faces of Saber:

I eagerly await more, is it 6 more episodes to go? I hope they don't waste them.
doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 20:29   Link #72
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Finally we get to see Gil' in the nexted episode - i don't see it as a spoiler anymore because you see him in the nexted episode.

Man.. this guy is gonna own.
Aha ! Our Golden Clad friend finaly appears !

Now things will start to get interesting...
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 20:31   Link #73
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
i saw the screenshots.you all think i can watch?
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 21:09   Link #74
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
The knife managed to cut her left arm.

=======================
Anyway, a pointlessly confusing episode. Caster's little moment in the beginning with the flashbacks are so brief and segmented I doubt anyone who haven't played the game will get what they were about besides "a nice soothing atmosphere".

Sakura's, uh, outfit was interesting. Must be Caster's eccentric taste again.
I'd rather see the Dark Sakura outfit from the game instead though.

As for the Rin x Sakura thing, they're pretty much being as obvious as they can about the relationship between the two without actually saying it out loud. Little Sakura was cute. So this was what Nasu-san was talking about during that last popularity vote when he mentioned "the little Sakura that Takeuchi-san drew". ^^;

By the way, Sakura's hair and eye color used to be the same as Rin's (obviously, since they're ______). They became purple after Sakura was taken away by the Matou family and forced to "adapt" to their bloodline.

Next episode, Gil-sama Gil-sama Gil-sama

I thought the background music of Caster's remembrance was romantic. And I do find the relationship of Caster and Kazuki to be similar to that of Saber and Shiro. Dark to the light.

Does anyone here saw Zouken make an appearance?

I wonder what would had happened if Dark Saber made an appearance?

I'm guessing that Illya was the one who repaired the damage Spell Breaker did to Saber. And that Taiga-sensei now knows what is happening.

And I'm guessing Caster and Kuzuki bites the dust the next episode.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 21:12   Link #75
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Am I the only one who hates Sakura new outfit? I'll rather see the pure innocent looking Sakura rather that one. Hmm.....guess this ep is mainly Sakura x Rin......I was desperately hoping for them to concentrate a bit more on the battle scenes. I'll love to see more fights between Saber and Assasin as well as Shirou's one but I suppposed that won't last long considering the fact that our golden friend is finally appearing in the next ep. Guess my hope of seeing Shirou using UBW has gone down the drain......
Don't worry, I'm sure there will be people outside who're with you.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 21:22   Link #76
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy
Spoiler for the many faces of Saber:

Lol ...
chibi saber always win

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 21:51   Link #77
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
Aha ! Our Golden Clad friend finaly appears !

Now things will start to get interesting...
Damn right - just seeing him standing there in the preview is flipping amazing - i just want for tne nexted 6 episodes.. Gil' owning everyone - and of course finding out about his master & a lil' more from Lancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11
Does anyone here saw Zouken make an appearance?
Yep, that was him in the car.. nice of how they added him into the anime, though i can see us not seeing anything esee of him.
Old 2006-05-05, 22:01   Link #78
doughboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
i just want for the next 6 episodes.. Gil' owning everyone - and of course finding out about his master & a lil' more from Lancer.
That really would cap off the series with the "OOMPH" it so deserves. I wanna see some pain.
doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 22:06   Link #79
DwArD
mAnIaC

Next ep...."The Golden King".....no doubt about it. Gil is finally appearing. And left a few more eps to go.....this is gonna get interesting. Now.....if only they show UBW one more time before they end this series......
Old 2006-05-05, 22:12   Link #80
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Next ep...."The Golden King".....no doubt about it. Gil is finally appearing. And left a few more eps to go.....this is gonna get interesting. Now.....if only they show UBW one more time before they end this series......
I agree.., seeing as the feedback so far on this episode has been VERY positive in a large number of aspects; and with the up-coming expectations of Gil towards the final episodes, I recon what would realy make this all perfect is for us to see Shirou make his UBW.

Maybe its asking for much, though.., if that will ever be shown, please let it happen the confrontation between him and Archer
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote