Originally Posted by riznar
Archer,

Spoiler for just in case:
Spoiler:
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 03:23   Link #62
sniperz

countless emiyas setlling the holy grail war? ;p

they nid deep explanatation on those too !!

yea since archer already knew.. does tat mean this is like part of the life cycle of their world? yea we need infos on that
sniperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 07:30   Link #63
chImp

Is there an English version of the game by the way? I only stumbled upon Japanese versions, which I cannot understand.
chImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 08:03   Link #64
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

No english version.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-22, 17:36   Link #65
Mandrake

I wonder, did the future emiya participate in the same war they were in now? If so..who did he see as Rin's servant, also himself?
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 17:59   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake
I wonder, did the future emiya participate in the same war they were in now? If so..who did he see as Rin's servant, also himself?
Future Shirou's (Archer) past in the war was not the same one in every detail to what we're seeing now.
Old 2006-05-22, 19:31   Link #67
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Spoiler for Archer and Shirou:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel
what i REALLY wonder:

If, for summoning reasons, a connection between the original soul of the servant helps to select who gets whom (like using berserkers club), why
Spoiler:
I would also like to hear an answer to this question, if there is one.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 20:26   Link #68
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
Spoiler for Archer and Shirou:

I would also like to hear an answer to this question, if there is one.
Telling you the answer to this question will give away the secret to Saber's summoning.
Old 2006-05-22, 20:35   Link #69
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Okay, do you know the answer to my other question, then?
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 20:43   Link #70
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
Okay, do you know the answer to my other question, then?
Depends on which Shirou you're talking about.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-02, 06:20   Link #71
MiniTeddy

from what i know
Spoiler:
MiniTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 22:13   Link #72
SlashZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer
Telling you the answer to this question will give away the secret to Saber's summoning.
Well, we can also take into account Rin summoned Archer before Shirou summoned his servant. I don't know if it's possible to summon the same servant twice in the same war, though.
SlashZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 07:15   Link #73
anim4niac

so archer has the powers of every shirou who became a heroic spirit? is that what ya mean arch? (i have no idea how to put up that spoiler thing -_-||)
Old 2006-09-19, 11:26   Link #74
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anim4niac
so archer has the powers of every shirou who became a heroic spirit? is that what ya mean arch? (i have no idea how to put up that spoiler thing -_-||)
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-07, 20:30   Link #75
Bahumat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniTeddy View Post
from what i know
Spoiler:
I agree with teddy. Although it is alluded who he is in ep 14:
Spoiler:

to respond to IMSabbel:
Spoiler:
Bahumat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 12:38   Link #76
lftwgr

Questions about the Anime, not the Game (ok maybe the Fate ending):

Is Archer from the same timeline as Shirou? If he is not, then was he ever Saber's master in that timeline? If he was, then why is it that during the scene where, after receiving a pounding from Heracles and regaining his memories, the flashback sequences featured only 2 characters - Rin and his younger self? Does this mean that after accepting that Saber and himself were never meant to be together, he goes on to be romantically linked to Rin? (which would explain his fondness / teasing of Rin at the start of the season and his unconscious memory of how Rin likes her tea despite the fact that he has no knowledge of his true identity)

Oh and does Shirou know that Archer is actually his future self? You would've thought that after imaging Kansho and Bakuya, Caliburn, Avalon, a wooden bow, one arrow, countless iron kettles, etc. that he would be wise to the fact that imaging is a rare skill no one else possesses.

Last edited by lftwgr; 2007-04-13 at 12:52.
lftwgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 15:04   Link #77
mlai

1. Archer and Shirou are 2 separate timelines.

2. He was Saber's master, but he never developed a romantic relationship with her. However, even Archer remembers Saber's summoning in the shed with a certain fondness; her striking elegance at that moonlit moment was forever seared into the mind of every Shirou.

3. In Archer's own timeline, he became close with Rin rather than Saber. It is hinted that he failed to save Rin from death when they were both older.

4. Shirou is an idiot.

5. One thing I would have changed about the anime... When Archer injured an arm after over-exerting himself while fighting Berserker, it was the opposite arm from the one Saber-dragon bit off in spirit mode. In the game, there is a reason why it's not the same arm. But for the anime, I would have made it the same arm. It would have offered a very nice explanation.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 21:37   Link #78
lftwgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
2. He was Saber's master, but he never developed a romantic relationship with her. However, even Archer remembers Saber's summoning in the shed with a certain fondness; her striking elegance at that moonlit moment was forever seared into the mind of every Shirou.

3. In Archer's own timeline, he became close with Rin rather than Saber. It is hinted that he failed to save Rin from death when they were both older.

4. Shirou is an idiot.

5. One thing I would have changed about the anime... When Archer injured an arm after over-exerting himself while fighting Berserker, it was the opposite arm from the one Saber-dragon bit off in spirit mode. In the game, there is a reason why it's not the same arm. But for the anime, I would have made it the same arm. It would have offered a very nice explanation.
3. This explains a lot about his behavior with Rin when he is her servant. Of all the master/servant pairings, these two seem to hit it off right from the start. I wonder if the Fate Shirou would follow Archer's romantic path now that he has fallen for (and lost) Saber. I know: I'm a hopeless romantic who is just looking for any excuse for a happy ending, so don't rub it in.

4. He is an idiot. But not as jaded / world-weary as Archer. Too bad Archer didn't regain his memories during his conversations (pre-Berserker) with Shirou. I would've preferred if he shared his thoughts on what were his past mistakes (in a enigmatic and cryptic manner of course) with his younger self.

5. I thought the way Archer got injured was weird - he slices Heracles with the reinforced versions of Kansho and Bakuya and suddenly there is a blast that injures only his left arm? I don't even see anything that indicates an injury (blood, torn clothing, etc.)

I guess Rin would be Shirou's anchor in reality to tame his 'hero of justice' ideology in the future? I thought Rin cracked a little in trying to save Sakura from Caster though.

Spoiler for Off-topic: Summoning Process:

Last edited by lftwgr; 2007-04-13 at 21:58.
lftwgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 23:03   Link #79
mlai

1. I think anime Shirou would end up with Sakura, if anybody. Rin loves her little sister too much to steal her man away from her.

2. Archer's "exploding swords" was Studio Deen's incorrect use of his Broken Phantasm. The act of magically enhancing a traced weapon so that it rises one grade in power, but in so doing the weapon becomes unstable and shatters in a discharge of energy. Looks like he miscalculated the timing of his Broken Phantasms, and got caught in the ensuing explosion. His arm is hurt from a past trace-training accident; it's his weak arm.

3. I feel anime Rin's character development was unfinished. The early episodes made a point of establishing her as a young woman ruled by the ideology and the legacy of her magus lineage. Shirou's influence softened her somewhat and allowed her to act for the sake of others according to her own moral center, rather than be led solely by the pride of dead ancestors. At the end of her arc, she was able to act on her own behalf, and reclaim a sister who was abandoned by her father. But this is not the end of her rebellion. In the game, she goes on to overthrow the patriarch of the Matou clan, one of the few remaining old magi with vested interest in the Grail War. This was her final triumph as one who re-examined her inherited values and found them lacking, cast off the curse of the War which had given only misfortune to her clan, and live and fight for her own beliefs. This wasn't shown clearly in the anime.

4. The nature of the Servant depends on both the Master and the artifact, but the artifact holds greater priority.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 01:26   Link #80
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lftwgr View Post
3. This explains a lot about his behavior with Rin when he is her servant. Of all the master/servant pairings, these two seem to hit it off right from the start. I wonder if the Fate Shirou would follow Archer's romantic path now that he has fallen for (and lost) Saber. I know: I'm a hopeless romantic who is just looking for any excuse for a happy ending, so don't rub it in.

4. He is an idiot. But not as jaded / world-weary as Archer. Too bad Archer didn't regain his memories during his conversations (pre-Berserker) with Shirou. I would've preferred if he shared his thoughts on what were his past mistakes (in a enigmatic and cryptic manner of course) with his younger self.

5. I thought the way Archer got injured was weird - he slices Heracles with the reinforced versions of Kansho and Bakuya and suddenly there is a blast that injures only his left arm? I don't even see anything that indicates an injury (blood, torn clothing, etc.)

I guess Rin would be Shirou's anchor in reality to tame his 'hero of justice' ideology in the future? I thought Rin cracked a little in trying to save Sakura from Caster though.

Spoiler for Off-topic: Summoning Process:

Point Number 4: Archer does recover his memories before Saber is even summoned; Saber's attack prevents him from accomplishing his true goal of killing Emiya Shirou.

And that's the reason why Emiya Shirou does not see Archer as himself. Archer's character is too fundamentally different; they are like opposing forces. They get on each other's nerves. Would you like to see someone that is completely opposite your character as yourself?

Also, Shinji can't be able to summon anything, he's too weak for that.

Oh, and I don't think Rin would care. At all. Heck, she didn't even rescue him in the beginning for his sake, she rescued him for the sake of somebody else.